IGNORED

Multi-SIO

MagicMarc-er

One of my biggest Atari related headaches is that I am constantly switching the SIO cable from my 1010's and replacing with the SIO cable for my SDrive Max (and vice versa).  There has to be someone who is selling an SIO switcher so that both can be hooked up at all times?  I saw where someone published the wiring/pinout for making your own but I was hoping to find something that looks real clean.  If I make it, it will not look nice.  I'm sure that someday the SDrive will work well with floppies or maybe there will even be and SDrive with a pass-through for using a floppy as drive 2.  But until that time, I'm hoping someone is making one.

52 minutes ago, MagicMarc-er said:

I'm sure that someday the SDrive will work well with floppies

If you purchaded a SDrive-MAX that was built in the past year, it should already be modified in order to be able to communicate with physical drives.  Just make sure that whichever drive number your physical drive is set to is turned off as a virtual drive on the SDrive-MAX.  

I own one of Lotharek's SIO Splitters, BTW.  It works great for using my SDrive-MAX in conjunction with my 1050.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SS said:

If you purchaded a SDrive-MAX that was built in the past year, it should already be modified in order to be able to communicate with physical drives.  Just make sure that whichever drive number your physical drive is set to is turned off as a virtual drive on the SDrive-MAX.  

I did get a 1010 to work with it a little but, without being able to use the Sdrive as drive 1 and the floppy as drive 2, it wasn't as useful as I'd hoped. And it wouldn't work at all with my Indus GT. 

At the last Atari Invasion in Maarssen, I finally saw one in person. I tried several devices, like SIO2BT and the SDrive-ARM, and they didn't fit. The cutout in the plexiglass is too small. The Molex cable I tried fit, and I suppose Chelco connectors will fit, too.

Edit: something positive: with this SIO hub you can reach higher Pokey divisors on an unmodified Atari than you could by connecting the device directly. Have read several stories on AA confirming this.

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Zarxx said:

Here's one in use. No need for external power. You can have multiple drive 1's, etc. Just don't have them turned on at the same time, works great.

Hi Zarxx, guessing from the sounds in the video... unbuffered 52K sio pitch and stepper sound, you used two US Doubler Tandon 1050’s there. :)