IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 9 - Frogger

By the way, has anyone else found that this game glitches occasionally? 

I've had the screen go blank for no reason, and a couple of times, my Frogger has been on a log as it's gone off the edge of the screen and he's vanished for a few seconds until I press a button and he suddenly reappears! 

I noticed it says something in the instruction manual about pressing reset if the screen goes blank, so perhaps that one is a known issue? 

DSC_0213.JPG

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, IntyFanMatt said:

If you can get to 20k, you get a free frog, then another at 40k. That helped me a ton. I’ve always loved this game and played it a lot. Not sure how many rounds I got through, I was so focused on staying alive. 

I was also surprised the difficulty basically resets around the 5th or 6th board back to the first.  You go through hell and then it's laughably easy for a couple of levels.  Then I lost.  ?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I was also surprised the difficulty basically resets around the 5th or 6th board back to the first.  You go through hell and then it's laughably easy for a couple of levels.  Then I lost.  ?

Yeah I was surprised as well.  It actually is a nice break from the frantic screens prior to that, so if you can get to those easier levels a few times, you can achieve those higher scores.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I've had the screen go blank for no reason, and a couple of times, my Frogger has been on a log as it's gone off the edge of the screen and he's vanished for a few seconds until I press a button and he suddenly reappears! 

I noticed it says something in the instruction manual about pressing reset if the screen goes blank, so perhaps that one is a known issue? 

Have not experienced that issue, maybe some copies are different.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gezkc said:

I'll keep an eye out for issues. I like how the instructions of the period always mentioned pressing reset if there are glitches. You would never find a manual nowadays admitting that their games might glitch.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, gezkc said:

DSC_0213.JPG

I have had various game glitches. Good thing it's a short game no matter what so starting over isn't so troubling. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

I have had various game glitches. Good thing it's a short game no matter what so starting over isn't so troubling. 

That's true enough, and it's not so bad that it spoils the game (unlike the ones in Demon Attack!).

It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing them though. I was wondering if it was just my version. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, gezkc said:

That's true enough, and it's not so bad that it spoils the game (unlike the ones in Demon Attack!).

It's good to know I'm not the only one experiencing them though. I was wondering if it was just my version. 

I am playing off my LTO flash,I will plug in my cartridge and see what happens!

12 hours ago, gezkc said:

Well, its known to me now, lol. I had all this happen just playing two games,... at least 3 glitches... really this is much worse then I thought, sometimes Frogger goes off screen for 5 full seconds before appearing on left.... :o

Also do you have trouble moving Frogger sometimes, or is it my controller ?

I also have to fit the cart just right in game slot, or it shows a black screen.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I'm also having trouble with controls. The frog either doesn't move when I want it to or it goes the wrong direction. (Its like when you're in a frog jumping contest and your frog won't cooperate no matter how much you yell and smack the ground behind it.)

I haven't had the screen go blue or black recently, but when I first played this game after years of not playing it I just got a blue screen. I thought the cartridge was dead until I cleaned the contacts and brought it back to life.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I've had a couple of problems controlling Frogger but thought it was just down to me pressing the disc in the wrong place. He's occasionally jumped forward when I meant him to go right, but that could have just been me pressing diagonally on the disc by mistake. 

Most of the time it's fine, but there are some strange things going on! 

2 hours ago, BiffMan said:

No glitches here, but I have learned the hard way not to ride turtles off screen. There's a chance when they come back on, they might now be the sinking kind... 

I've had that happen when I've jumped too quickly and not waited to see it the turtles are colour changing ones. As long as you jump onto the steady yellow ones, you should be fine riding one off screen (just don't sit on the last turtle as the otter often grabs you if you do!) 

8 hours ago, gezkc said:

I've had that happen when I've jumped too quickly and not waited to see it the turtles are colour changing ones. As long as you jump onto the steady yellow ones, you should be fine riding one off screen (just don't sit on the last turtle as the otter often grabs you if you do!) 

I'm 90% sure I was on a solid turtle since I rode like 3/4 of the screen, didn't have a log in the upper left, rode off screen (which is a lazy habit anyway, I should be punished), then came back on and died when the turtles went under. 

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

I'm 90% sure I was on a solid turtle since I rode like 3/4 of the screen, didn't have a log in the upper left, rode off screen (which is a lazy habit anyway, I should be punished), then came back on and died when the turtles went under. 

Interesting! I'll have to watch out for that too then - I didn't realise they can change as they go off screen. To be honest, I try not to stay on the turtles for long anyway as I never feel that safe on them! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Interesting! I'll have to watch out for that too then - I didn't realise they can change as they go off screen. To be honest, I try not to stay on the turtles for long anyway as I never feel that safe on them! 

My uneducated guess would be they are non-persistent and are recreated when the enter the screen new and possibly have a chance of coming in as the sinking kind?  I'll have to watch if the sinking ones always return as sinking ones. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, gezkc said:

I've had a couple of problems controlling Frogger but thought it was just down to me pressing the disc in the wrong place. He's occasionally jumped forward when I meant him to go right, but that could have just been me pressing diagonally on the disc by mistake. 

I think its a real problem but it does make you doubt wether you made the right move or not. Honestly, it takes the fun out of the game for me, especially when things are hectic.

Edited by Player One
  • Sad 2