IGNORED

SOLD: TI-99/4a System

mattsoft

SOLD

Doing some more quarantine cleaning of the basement...up for grabs is a nice TI-99/4a system. Comes with the computer, voice module, cassette player, TI joysticks, all the cables (including composite video), a handful of games, and genuine pleather dust cover. Everything works great, even loading games from the cassette player. The power button on the TI is a little sticky; needs a squirt of deoxit. I'm happy to do this prior to shipping. Everything is very clean with no visible damage. Asking $60 + shipping + PP fees form 98115. Would also be willing to trade for CIB Atari 400/800/XL games. Thanks!

IMG_4637.jpg

IMG_4636.jpg

IMG_4635.jpg

Edited by mattsoft
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, bluejay said:

I'm tempted to buy this... I have the space(sort of) and the money... But I don't much like the looks of the TI99... Ugh. I can't decide!

God knows it'd be cheaper to ship it to you than to me.

I grew up on TI99 and always wanted to get another one back into my possession but there's no room in my stripped down collection area. I used to have a maxed out PEB with 2 drives, printer, RAM, a TI Recorder, TI color monitor(!!), printer, OEM joysticks, voice module, modem... my dad dropped over $10 grand into that thing over the course of its life with us. I miss it.

Oh... free bump. :)

Edited by ClassicGMR

Everyone - just a heads up that shipping prices on this are just stupid. I haven't shipped something outside of eBay's discounted prices in a while and I'm really surprised at the cost of shipping. The entire box of stuff without any bubble wrap is around 16 pounds with a dimension of 17"x17"x10". I might be able to get it a little lower, like 8", by skimping on the packing material. It's actually 12" high; couldn't skimp any on the packing material. USPS ground shipping cost to just either side of the Mississippi is around $50. So this might only make sense to someone closer to WA state in OR, CA, ID, or thereabouts.  

Edited by mattsoft

1 hour ago, mattsoft said:

Everyone - just a heads up that shipping prices on this are just stupid. I haven't shipped something outside of eBay's discounted prices in a while and I'm really surprised at the cost of shipping. The entire box of stuff without any bubble wrap is around 16 pounds with a dimension of 17"x17"x10". I might be able to get it a little lower, like 8", by skimping on the packing material. It's actually 12" high; couldn't skimp any on the packing material. USPS ground shipping cost to just either side of the Mississippi is around $50. So this might only make sense to someone closer to WA state in OR, CA, ID, or thereabouts.  

Have you tried Paypal Ship Now page. I think you might get much better than retail pricing that way too. See what it quotes you.

https://paypal.com/shipnow

On 4/21/2020 at 7:00 PM, mattsoft said:

Ikr? Shipping has become so expensive. It costed $30 to ship my TRS-80 Model 100 bundle to North Carolina iirc. And the Model 100 is supposed to be a laptop. Sure it included the carry bad and everything with lots of packing material so it was quite heavy and big but still.

On 4/22/2020 at 12:25 AM, mattsoft said:

Thanks for the tip! Just tried and same price as USPS.com website. UPS quote was broken...hah! :(

That's VERY strange that paypal.com/shipnow gave you the same prices as the USPS website. I have never seen that before to be honest. PayPal has always been a good deal cheaper. I have noticed that shipping from the Pacific Northwest to the East Coast (and vice-versa) seems to have skyrocketed in recent years. No idea why. Something that would cost me $20 to ship to Florida (from PA) costs $60 to Washington state/Oregon. 

I will say that FedEx is often cheaper than USPS for larger/heavier/bulkier items. I shipped a CIB TI about a month ago and it was $10-15 cheaper on FedEx (be sure to sign up for a free account online to get a discount) than USPS.

P.S. That's a beautiful TI you've got there and a good price for the bundle but I can see why the shipping has seemingly been a sticking point for some, especially if they're east coast-based.