IGNORED

MOD/Pokey/Music playback/creation

Lastic

Since I've acquired an Atari 1040STe next to my 65XE/130XE , I've been looking at MOD trackers again ( I come from a PC background ) and looking at all the different options available for playing and creating music on our 8-bits.
First I must thank @CharlieChaplin because every past topic I found in my searches , you seem to always deliver tools/information ! and off course thanks also to all members of this forum and it's wonderfull community.

Would it be worthwhile to gather all this information into 1 topic ?
I found a lot of usefull info already in several topics which I could gather here ? Only disadvantage is that I don't have an Atari background so I don't have any historical recollection.
There is a good overview here
http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/Programy_użytkowe_na_Atari_8-bit_(lista_tematyczna)#D.C5.BAwi.C4.99k

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, skr said:

Not exactly what you might need, but a starting point: There is a "Stereo Tool Pack" in the members section af the ABBUC forums. Done by, you would have guessed it, @CharlieChaplin. ;)

Meanwhile playing around with so many things that I didn't get further with this topic but since you're the only one reacting to this topic, I guess everybody either knows all this stuff or just uses the search function on the forum and weed through all the posts like I'm doing.

Thanks for the tip @skr , I just remember that you still need to tell me the postage from Hamburg to Antwerp :D

1 hour ago, Lastic said:

Thanks for the tip @skr , I just remember that you still need to tell me the postage from Hamburg to Antwerp :D

Sir, yes, Sir.

Even many people are at home because of Corona, I was working my ass off as we celebrated the 90th birthday of our Planetarium last Thursday.
Yesterday I started catching up with things and move forward now. There´s a big queue of things to ship, which I will go through during this week.

Hello Sascha

2 minutes ago, skr said:

... I was working my ass off as we celebrated the 90th birthday of our Planetarium last Thursday.

Yesterday I started catching up with things and move forward now.

That must have been quite a celebration if you needed until yesterday ...  :D:waving::grin::waving::-D:waving:

Sincerely

Mathy

Just now, Mathy said:

Hello Sascha

That must have been quite a celebration if you needed until yesterday ...  :D:waving::grin::waving::-D:waving:

Sincerely

Mathy

Believe me: It was! ;)

But actually it was the weeks before that day, that drove me crazy. One might think, that it should be easy as we knew that this day was coming for 90 years...

After all that work, Friday was totally lost (me in bed) and Saturday I needed to turn my appartement back into a state that I can open the door to visitors. ;)

42 minutes ago, skr said:

Sir, yes, Sir.

Even many people are at home because of Corona, I was working my ass off as we celebrated the 90th birthday of our Planetarium last Thursday.
Yesterday I started catching up with things and move forward now. There´s a big queue of things to ship, which I will go through during this week.

No pressure , I didn't serve in the army . I also forgot about it but your post reminded me.  Wow 90 years , one to add to my bucket list, visit my Father's hometown and the Planetarium.

On 4/21/2020 at 8:18 PM, Lastic said:

Since I've acquired an Atari 1040STe next to my 65XE/130XE , I've been looking at MOD trackers again ( I come from a PC background ) and looking at all the different options available for playing and creating music on our 8-bits.
First I must thank @CharlieChaplin because every past topic I found in my searches , you seem to always deliver tools/information ! and off course thanks also to all members of this forum and it's wonderfull community.

Would it be worthwhile to gather all this information into 1 topic ?
I found a lot of usefull info already in several topics which I could gather here ? Only disadvantage is that I don't have an Atari background so I don't have any historical recollection.
There is a good overview here
http://atariki.krap.pl/index.php/Programy_użytkowe_na_Atari_8-bit_(lista_tematyczna)#D.C5.BAwi.C4.99k

You are welcome!

The sentence "all the different options for playing and creating music on our 8 bits" sounded to me as if you really want to present all available options for playing and creating music on the A8. And thats a huge task, since there are hundreds of options, from basic commands like Sound, DSound, Data, etc. to Hex numbers in ML-Editors or ML-Monitors, various Basic sound editors (e.g. A Musicians Dream, etc.), TB XL sound editors, CTB sound editors (e.g. KE Music Editor), ML sound editors (dozens, if not hundreds available), sample players and creators (in the past 2 Bit and 4 Bit, some experiments/demos with 5Bit and 6Bit, nowadays thanks to PDM even 8Bit), MOD players, editors and converters (e.g. convert to MD8 or NEO), MIDI players and converters and whatnot. This would be a real large task and it would be difficult to choose where to begin and where to end (and which titles/programs to include and which ones to leave out).

But since the topic here is MOD, maybe you can simply concentrate on MOD players, editors and converters on the A8 - and MOD programs on the ST or PC that can be utilized somehow for our A8...?!? Think that would be enough stuff to work through for a while...