IGNORED

Lenticular sticker COLLECTION

JayAre

Most of you have probably seen the series of lenticular stickers that Atari produced, circa 1983.  Stickers were made for Pac-Man, Defender, E.T., Demons to Diamonds and Centipede.  I believe this is the entire series, as I've never seen stickers for any other games.  The Demons to Diamonds and Centipede stickers are somewhat scarce, with the others being easier to find.  When the sticker is viewed from different angles, the sticker image appears to move.

For Pac-Man, three different versions of the sticker were made.  One is 2" in diameter, while all the other stickers in the series are 2.25".  And the other two Pac-Man stickers vary slightly from each other in terms of the trademark/copyright text.

I'm not sure how these were sold/distributed in the U.S.  But I did find an AtariNews newsletter from Spain from Christmas 1983 which mentions the stickers.  It appears to indicate that, if you purchased certain Atari-themed school notebooks, you would receive a free sticker.  I'm attaching pics of the stickers as well as the newsletter.

Well, since I didn't see a thread on this topic, I decided to create one, in case someone's interested in the information.

image.thumb.png.2d746b7c0f39335b501dd4046e590f13.png

image.thumb.png.e997fa36511c6f1ddeb36b8bca8d94b6.png

Edited by JayAre
  • Like 6

• 9 months later...