IGNORED

WTB D2K Arcade Special Edition

VGC1612

On 4/22/2020 at 5:57 AM, VGC1612 said:

If someone have one for sale,i would like to buy it!

I have a few copies that I can build. However, I cannot ship them at the moment, because there is no air mail service out of the country. I have no idea when that will change.

Unfortunately, you are in Canada, because Tim Naber has 4 copies of D2K SE that he can sell to USA based customers only. $110 US with shipping and PayPal fees included. The limited to 200 copies regular price of D2K SE is/was $100 US.

If interested in a copy and you are in the USA, please email:  elektronite@hotmail.com  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Elektronite said:

I have a few copies that I can build. However, I cannot ship them at the moment, because there is no air mail service out of the country. I have no idea when that will change.

Unfortunately, you are in Canada, because Tim Naber has 4 copies of D2K SE that he can sell to USA based customers only. $110 US with shipping and PayPal fees included. The limited to 200 copies regular price of D2K SE is/was $100 US.

If interested in a copy and you are in the USA, please email:  elektronite@hotmail.com  

How can more copies be built when it was limited to 200 copies, and we paid the premium price of 100.00, that does not seem fair.

Tim has 4 copies left? I’m assuming from the limited 200. 

Plus this D2K Special edition is NOT an Elektronite release. How do you have materials to build it?

thanks 

• Like 1

On 4/21/2020 at 10:58 PM, Intymike said:

I‘m sure Elektronite has still a few.

I thought Elektronite wasnt the producer of the DK2 Special Edition.

Wouldn't Naberhood games have whatever copies are left?

How can someone build new copies of a limited edition game?

I know I purchased mine from Tim Naber at PRGE 2016 for the going price of $100.

I hope it's a limited edition copy for sale, one of the original 200, if one is being sold off.

• Like 2

From what I know is that Tim didn't built all of the games (because they sold very poorly). After Tim closed his shop William got the remaining kits together with the Elektronite stuff Tim had.

I'm sure there will be not more than 200 around. Because they never sold that much.

Edited by Intymike

2 minutes ago, Intymike said:

From what I know is that Tim didn't built all of the games (because they sold very poorly). After Tim closed his shop William got the remaining kits together with the Elektronite stuff Tim had.

I'm sure there will be not more than 200 around. Because they never sold that much.

Then how does Tim Naber have 4 copies left to sell in the USA?  

Im finding very hard to believe you and Williams stories any longer. 

Is Elektronite part of D2K special edition or not?

So now Elektronite is back to selling IP violation Donkey Kong games?  

William, please sell the IP clones or dont. You can’t keep riding the fence on the IP issue and having your cake and eating it too. 

52022180-0296-40F3-A1A8-269D7D230D52.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Intymike said:

Do you have a bad day?

No, it’s a great day. Thanks for asking! ?

Actually, don’t assume my responses here are dictated by I’m having a bad day or in a bad mood or the like. 

I await a real response from William. 

Edited by Rev

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Then how does Tim Naber have 4 copies left to sell in the USA?  

Im finding very hard to believe you and Williams stories any longer. 

Is Elektronite part of D2K special edition or not?

So now Elektronite is back to selling IP violation Donkey Kong games?  

William, please sell the IP clones or dont. You can’t keep riding the fence on the IP issue and having your cake and eating it too. 

52022180-0296-40F3-A1A8-269D7D230D52.jpeg

Rev, 

Honestly, D2K or D2K Special Edition or DK Arcade for that matter, is nothing that should concern you AT ALL. Nobody is asking you to believe any 'story'. You seem a little salty about this and really, I don't understand why it bothers you. Not trying to be rude, but it is none of your business actually. 

Since you seen very concerned about this issue, let's get things clear on DK Arcade and D2K and Elektronite once and for all, shall we?  

D1K is a 'workalike' to Donkey Kong just as '4-tris' is a workalike to Tetris, 'Space Patrol' is a workalike to Moon Patrol, and 'Stonix' is a workalike to Arkanoid, and 'Space Raid' is a workalike to Zaxxon. 

For some reason DK Arcade is a 'violation' in your (and others) minds, but not those other games? Is that fair to say? Nobody gives a rats a$$ that others have released games that have a name change but work like other popular arcade games. However, for some reason, that baffles me, DK Arcade is a 'special case' that everyone wags their finger at me about. 

D2K Arcade is an Intellivision game that emulates an unauthorized hack of the arcade game Donkey Kong. Nintendo never created any of it. For the Intellivision version, Carl did unique to Intellivision boards and only did 2 of the arcade hack boards of D2K. Eventually, he went back to his code and did a 'port' of D2K (The arcade hack) and made it EXACTLY like the arcade hack. That is the 'special edition'. D1K, that was stupidly (on my part) included in D2K Arcade was replaced in the Special Edition with the original D2K Arcade. So, in effect, if you have D2K SE and DK Arcade, you have 'everything' that Carl did with regards to Donkey Kong clones on Intellivision. 

When Carl and I teamed up to do "Classic Game Publishers", I also teamed up with Valter and branded our games 'Elektronite'. Right away, I got a lot of static about IP infringing with regards to D2K Arcade. I quickly realized that D2K, despite not being a clone of any existing Nintendo game, was not like 'Space Patrol' or '4-tris' and a name change wasn't going to make all of the accusations of 'infringement' go away. I decided that I didn't want to have anything further to do with 'clones' as it hurt my ability to make deals with companies like First Star Software and other companies to bring out licensed games, simply because I started out publishing doing D2K Arcade and DK Arcade. This decision led to Carl and I disagreeing and ultimately parting ways, as he was adamant on wanting to do Ms. Pac Man. We had been rejected by Namco not once but TWICE trying to get the rights. So, Carl took the ROM sales of D2K and DK Arcade, and I pretty much decided to suspend sales of D2K Arcade and D1K and 'moved on' to other games. 

As time went on, I ended up moving to Thailand. I was going to CLOSE Elektronite, but fortunately, Tim Naber partnered with me and I shipped materials directly to Tim and he manufactured and sold games and we even partnered on a few new titles eventually. As things happen in life, life is not always kind to everyone. Carl fell on to hard times and needed money. So, the idea was for D2K SE. It would 'update' D2K  to the game that it probably should have been to begin with, ie a complete PORT of D2K ......not just a half port. It would be limited to 200 copies to make it collectible and also have a game high score feature in it. Since I wanted nothing to do with it, Tim created 'Homebrew, Inc.' which was a tongue-in-cheek name for his 'brand' and he did the release. Since there were so few copies, the remaining D2K boxes were re-used and special edition stickers put on them. The decision was made to increase the price to $100 because it was meant to be limited and would ultimately increase in price and Tim had to pay Carl with only 200 sales. So, it came out and everyone lost their minds talking about 'milking' the customers and all other nonsense. So, the programmer and the person building and selling the games aren't allowed to make any money on a game that is so limited that it definitely WILL appreciate in value? Ok, fine. The campaign against the game caused it to sell approximately 100 copies out of the gate. The rest of the copies remained un-built. There are 200 serial numbers. That's it. No more will ever be made. But, Tim didn't make all of them at once to have them sitting there ready to sell. Get it? 

One year ago, Tim for personal reasons, suddenly and without warning decided that he could no longer manufacture and sell games. Lest anyone read anything into it, his decision had absolutely NOTHING to do with me. He stopped making and selling games and even closed his website. I was sitting in Thailand with zero product. Most of it was in California and a bunch of it in Canada at a friend's house. So, along comes LTO to the rescue. We drove from San Jose to Portland, and made a stop at Tim's house on the way. We loaded the car with a HUGE load of materials. Among the materials were the remaining serial numbers, cart stickers, circuit boards and manuals for the remaining copies of D2K Special Edition. I made a few in Portland and blew them out at 70 bucks each as no more materials were/are available to create CIB copies of D2K Arcade. I took the remaining materials to Thailand with me. Hence, I have the ability to build some copies of D2K SE.....get it?

Tim the other day emailed me and said that he had found a bunch of built copies of D2K, Miner 2049er, and a couple of other titles among the massive amount of materials that I still have at his house. He offered to sell them on my behalf but only to people in the USA so he doesn't have to go to the post office. 

So, when Tim quit, he did up all of the books and took his money and all of the materials reverted to my ownership. INCLUDING the printed boxes for Rick Dynamite. So, yes, 'I' will be distributing a grey market game. Or, would you rather me swear off it and kill the game release? I prefer to keep Elektronite 'clean' because like it or not, I've brought you legitimate versions of Miner 2049er, Boulder Dash, Defender of the Crown, and Hover Bovver largely because I realized doing clones of games was more trouble than it was worth. 

You already know why LTO doesn't want to put infringing stuff on their boards. I'm not going to go over it. You also know that I can program their boards. But, you still seem upset that you have to find other ways to do YOUR infringing stuff. Am I right?

Life isn't black or white. Sometimes, we have to bend the rules. So, I'm selling the remaining copies of D2K SE and DK Arcade after Tim cashed out. Sue me.

I am going to be making my own run of boards here in Thailand. I'll burn your games when I have the boards. But, until then, I'd appreciate you keeping the drama to the minimum. I've had my fill of it on here, and that's why I stopped posting for a number of years. You do you, and I'll do me. OK?

Peace. 

Your reply is greatly appreciated. 

Just to clear things up:

But, you still seem upset that you have to find other ways to do YOUR infringing stuff. Am I right?

Nah, I’m not upset in the least. You know I’m not. And nor am I upset at not being able to use LTO on certain games.  It’s never been issue for me and never will.  

Also, I’ve never requested for you to burn any boards for me. You know that. 

see ya around. 

Just now, Rev said:

Your reply is greatly appreciated. 

Just to clear things up:

But, you still seem upset that you have to find other ways to do YOUR infringing stuff. Am I right?

Nah, I’m not upset in the least. You know I’m not. And nor am I upset at not being able to use LTO on certain games.  It’s never been issue for me and never will.  

Also, I’ve never requested for you to burn any boards for me. You know that. 

see ya around. 

Well, that is great. I never claimed that you ever requested me to burn any games. However, if for whatever reason, you want to have a game on a JLP compatible board,  I soon can do it for you. I should have them when this virus mess is finished. And, remember, nobody has ever been refused a sale of an LTO shell so games that appear using an LTO shell imply no endorsement from LTO. Just sayin... 

And, since you aren't upset, and don't care, you can stop posting about me selling copies of D2K SE. Glad that is settled. 

Hi William,

I am just curious when your next two releases Wizard of Wor and Cosmic Avenger will be available for purchase complete in box in North America,or more specifically for myself,the United states. 

I really look forward to purchasing both of those,both look like outstanding ports for the Intellivision! 

Your upcoming dungeon game looks great too!

Thanks man,much appreciated!??

• 2 weeks later...

Everything in "Games for Your Intellivision"'s post is correct.  We do not, and have never had any bad feelings about the "Breakup".  The games I recently found, Elektronite will sell to US customers and I will ship out until gone.  And in the immortal words of the announcer on M*A*S*H, "That is all.."

• Like 4

5 hours ago, SoulBuster said:

Everything in "Games for Your Intellivision"'s post is correct.  We do not, and have never had any bad feelings about the "Breakup".  The games I recently found, Elektronite will sell to US customers and I will ship out until gone.  And in the immortal words of the announcer on M*A*S*H, "That is all.."

Good to see you here Tim.