IGNORED

DragonKeep - Competition!

CyranoJ

I found that the character moves crazy fast, so sometimes trying to avoid the dragon at the bottom can be tough. Does everyone's move very fast? 

***On a side note I messed with Project One and Project II some of your other games and man those would be sweet if they were completed!

Even if you can't beat Kal's score, you can still post your high scores :D  C'mon, lets see those scores!

On 4/30/2020 at 6:39 AM, UHATEIT said:

I found that the character moves crazy fast, so sometimes trying to avoid the dragon at the bottom can be tough. Does everyone's move very fast? 

***On a side note I messed with Project One and Project II some of your other games and man those would be sweet if they were completed!

He's supposed to be like that otherwise it'd be just tooooo easy :)

P1/P2 are dead, sorry. They won't be coming back. Onwards and upwards!

On 4/23/2020 at 6:20 AM, CyranoJ said:

DRAGONKEEP HIGH SCORE COMPETITION!

------------------------------------------------

Ok folks, we've had more than enough downloads for this now!

Competition Ends: May 31st (In my timezone - South Australia) - so no missing the deadline ;)

Start a game, see what you can score - please submit SCORE and KEEP to this thread.

The prize? We will send something.  Who knows what it will be?  Consider it hidden treasures!

Good luck, and may the best pilferer of misplaced treasures win!

[Update] - PLEASE USE THE NEW ROM IN THE FIRST POST OF THE DRAGONKEEP THREAD.

Can the prize be a boxed copy of Rebooted?

?

23 minutes ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Tried to put in my Skunk today and snapped something off.  Was reaching into a dark cabinet and put it too forward in the Jaguar slot.  I can get it repaired but it will likely be weeks. So bummed...I really want in on this competition!  

IMG_20200507_155135.jpg

Don't feel too bad, I've done that to one of mine... and... <embarassed cough> a prototype Jaguar SD board that was shipped half way around the planet :D

• Thanks 1

Here's my (weak) entry into the fold :P:

dk1.thumb.jpg.544299a859206a7a25a83d4aae8d1ec9.jpg

And here's video evidence of how my 'skills' led to this achievement:

Says on YT under the video:

Here's me losing quickly at Dragon Keep. A free game for the Atari Jaguar made and released by the incomparable Reboot. Watch the many close calls and near misses as I flail my way through 8 levels of this exhilarating stress fest with little to no coordination lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, since I haven't used my Skunk Board (rev 2) in a while.

I loaded it using my (surprisingly still working) Windows 200 era laptop, using the DOS shell, with the command jcp -f. It loads just fine, but when I run it, there's no music, and hitting the "fire" button isn't starting the game. I've flashed it a few times now, trying both banks (jcp -2f) , but that's what I get, a quiet title screen that mocks and taunts me to hit the fire button. Hell man, I'm hitting all the buttons!

Any words of advice?

Cheers,

Smeg

I just downloaded the latest version from Harmless Lion's website. 

I tried it using jcp version 02.04.02 (built on Jul 10 2016, which is what I got off the Harmless Lion website). Still no sound, no way to play it.

It says I'm using boot version 02.00.05, serial 2149. Is there a newer version, do you know?

Sorry to be a pain. I would so enjoy giving this one a try. :)

Smeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead

2 hours ago, Atari Smeghead said:

I just downloaded the latest version from Harmless Lion's website. 

I tried it using jcp version 02.04.02 (built on Jul 10 2016, which is what I got off the Harmless Lion website). Still no sound, no way to play it.

It says I'm using boot version 02.00.05, serial 2149. Is there a newer version, do you know?

Sorry to be a pain. I would so enjoy giving this one a try. :)

Smeg

That is the latest JCP, however JCP -S should give you this:

jcp v02.04.02 built on Jul 10 2016

Boot version 03.00.02, Serial 1233

Flash the new BIOS with JCP -u and try that?

Otherwise, I don't really have anything else to suggest ?

21 hours ago, CyranoJ said:

That is the latest JCP, however JCP -S should give you this:

jcp v02.04.02 built on Jul 10 2016

Boot version 03.00.02, Serial 1233

Flash the new BIOS with JCP -u and try that?

Otherwise, I don't really have anything else to suggest ?

Well, I flashed the new version, so I have 03.00.02 as well. I re-downloaded the copy of the game from the first post in the other thread, tried loading it a few more times, but nope... I hear the quickest click, then the title screen loads, but no music, and hitting buttons doesn't start it. 

Oh well. I appreciate the effort CJ (and I'm happy that I have the current version of everything). But I guess this game is just not in my immediate future. I'll just reload Downfall. I love that game!!

I'll stop highjacking the thread. Good luck everyone and have fun!

Cheers,

Smeg

• 2 weeks later...