IGNORED

5.25" Drives for PC Transporter + KB Adapter Details?

GameGeezer

As i recall, the PC Transporter required weird, proprietary AE drives, but it has an MFM connector on it. Is it possible to use normal MFM drives on the thing? Also, is there a schematic for the 5.25" AE drives so that i can build them?

I could also use a schematic for the //e KB adapter. I had a PC Transporter in a standard //gs, but I am considering putting one in my //e->//gs system, as an aux way to use soe old DOS stuff. (Essentially, to save some space on my racks.)

I have the ColourSwitcher and all of the rest of the kit, but I do not have the //e KB adapter, nor the 5.25" drives. I am of course open to buying or trading for original kit if needed, but this stuff shouldn't be too complex to build on a breadboard. 

• 2 months later...

PC Transporter can use standard 800kb Apple II floppy drives. Just connect one to the included drive cable. You then format your floppies to 720kb on the PC, write an MS-DOS install disk image to one, and you can then boot to MS-DOS, format and configure your hard drive volumes, etc. That's what I do, and what I'd recommend you do, instead of seeking out AE's now elusive and expensive TransDrives.

As for the pinouts, a Google search for "pc transporter keyboard pinout apple" yielded them as the top result. Try it!

Edited by DeathAdderSF