IGNORED

Intellivision Repair

Hello all, I have an Intellivision I that stops working after about 10 mins of play. The screen turns black and you can feel the heat coming off the upper right of the console. I suspect it's the power supply or/and transformer that's overheating. Does anyone know who repairs Intellivisions or sells replacement parts?

Thanks

The power supply is at the back left and the transformer is at the front left.  It's normal for those areas to get warm and hot.  Not much going on at the back right.  Could be overheating.  Atariage user Humblejack might have spare ICs.  Capacitors and transistors can be found at electronics supply places.

Hello.  As mr_me pointed out.  You can get a limited amount o spare parts.  Some of the transistors, resistors and other board components can be bought on line in a limited amount, if still available.

Repairing ... Only done by you now.  A lot of us know how to, and can help.  But no one repairs them as a business anymore...that I know of.  

Best to own a spare unit for parts... If you are at all handy with electronics, it's not that bad.  I'd say intermediate level of experience can fix many issues.  Even a beginner level can fix a lot.

Start by opening the case and get a better feel of where the heat is coming from...and keep going.  Post us some pics and information if you want some help 

There are also Service Manuals out there and other stuff 

Lol.  Good one.  Yes, when you do, post some pics.  Keep in mind when you open it, you won't see much in the way of an answer to that area of the unit.  

The main heat as has been stated is on the left side.  You may have to open the CPU board shielding and see what's going on in there.  I think the transistors are on that side of the board.  

Take pics... And ask questions before you go in too deep if you're not comfortable.

15 hours ago, kevincondrick@gmail.com said:

Nevermind I see that biggest capacitor looks like its blown 

Do you have the specifications for for the capacitor?

Is this it? 3300uF 50v Axial TVX Nichicon Electrolytic Capacitor, 2000 Hrs 85°C 3,300uF

https://console5.com/store/intellivision-2609-3668-system-3-iii-tandyvision-cap-kit.html

It should say on the cap it's self but what model are you trying to fix. I believe the one you'd want is the 10000 uf

5 hours ago, vazquezrick said:

Do you have the specifications for for the capacitor?

Is this it? 3300uF 50v Axial TVX Nichicon Electrolytic Capacitor, 2000 Hrs 85°C 3,300uF

https://console5.com/store/intellivision-2609-3668-system-3-iii-tandyvision-cap-kit.html

• 4 weeks later...