IGNORED

Colecovision Game WIP : DO THE SAME

Eric M

Hi,

Here is my second attempt for colecovision. It's an adaptation from a game done on Atari Jaguar by Matmook

Dts has all the Jag' stages

Don't hesitate to write a feed back

Thanks and stay safe, stay @ home

Eric

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
36 minutes ago, youki said:

I'm impressed by the smooth movement when you rotate the items ?

How you did that?  you jungle between sprites and characters?  when you rotate the items are sprites and the white  selection is characters?  in other cases it is the opposite ?

Very nice.

I think it all sprites when rotating since it's within the 4 sprites on a line limit.  He probably made the selection sprites like, 
Image50.png.e031542ada98323d58de56ae418fb7b5.png
So the group of sprite don't shear when they are rotating in the middle. 

I like the smooth movement too. Also I like the overall presentation of this game. 

• Like 1

On 4/25/2020 at 5:09 AM, Eric M said:

Hi,

Here is my second attempt for colecovision. It's an adaptation from a game done on Atari Jaguar by Matmook

Dts has all the Jag' stages

Don't hesitate to write a feed back

Thanks and stay safe, stay @ home

Eric

Hi Eric,

Great job with the game so far. When looking at the Atari Jaguar game, we can see someone who was color blind could still use it. That's not true of your game.

I don't imagine color blindness is much of a concern, but it will be easier for everyone to play if you use that as a benchmark. In other words, it's more comfortable to visually separate objects with different colors and shapes than colors alone. This correction seems easy to implement.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi

Here is an updated version of DoTheSame with new assets (Same as on MSX version)

Colecovision - DoTheSame v1.2 - WIP06 (new assets)

Now, I've to work on sfx + music

Don't hesiste to tell me what do you think about this new version. Thanks ;)

See you

Eric

ps : a SMS version is near to be finished. I've to work on Sfx, studying how to make the game more than 32ko (bank usage) and change the complete game asset to have a game using the SMS colors capabilities ;)

MasterSystem - Homebrew : DoTheSame WIP01. SDCC + Sverx SMSDevkit

Edited by Eric M
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

Wow,  I love this!

I want to do this on the TI99 now.

I am super impressed with the smooth animation also.  I don't think I could do that on the TI.  I would have to define a ton of characters patterns. Even If I did, it would be SLOW.

Any chance you could provide the different screens?  I am going to use different graphics as I have a themed puzzle game going already.

I am guessing you load the screens into an array and compare source array to player array.

I think I could do several screens this way before space becomes a problem.  I might do a random version?  If I cannot get the source layouts.

AH!  I don't need a ton of patterns...  I just need to move the 4 sprites at the same time!  Duh.  LOL

• Thanks 1

Hi 1980Gamer

Well, I use charsets pattern AND sprites pattern

How it works ?

When I rotate a 2x2 fruits/veges block
- I copy the correct fruits/veges in sprite pattern (4) according to the player's cursor position
- I display those 2x2 sprites block
- I clear the screen 'under' those sprites
- make the complete rotation until it stop
- then I copy the fruits/veges at the new position using their charset pattern
- and clean sprites
it's how everything is smooth ;)

in DTS, the fruits/veges are in 2 or 3 colors but the sprites are only in one color so you have to choose the good colors for each fruits/veges

each stages are composed of 72 bytes (36 for the left pictures and 36 for the shuffled right picture) and I have 16+32+64 = 112 stages, 8512bytes ... 

> originals stages are coming from Atari Jaguar version done by Matmook. thanks :)

I would love to make something on ti99 but I think there is no SDCC for it and I don't want to learn asm language (I have no more space in my old memory system full of z80, 68k, ppc, 80's music, souvenirs, etc... lol)

see you ;)

veges = vegetables :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Eric M said:

When I rotate a 2x2 fruits/veges block

That is exactly how I pictured it.   I do a similar (smaller) method for a KICKS like game to get more than 4 sprites on a row.

For the TI all sprites are 1 color, so I am not worried about that.  Unless I layer them. :)

So I made this for the TI99 but only made a few levels.

I just looked for the source code but could not find the level data source files.  If you could send me the link or file name either here or PM.  That would be great.

A fun little program to make.  I love puzzle games. 

I need to add the touches..  timer etc.