IGNORED

Should You Criticize a Console You Haven't Played?

8bitgamer

10 minutes ago, koolmoecraig said:

I hopeful about the Amico but is nobody else a little creeped out by the sheer number of these videos trying to pitch/defend it?  Seriously.  It comes across as seriously shady.  I can't be the only one who thinks that.

i don't think it's shady or creepy, just delusional. Bunch of dudes in their 40's or 50's that think it's gonna bring back the good ole' days. It's a very, very similar to the Retro VGS/Calico Cameleo. 

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, SanicSpeed said:

i don't think it's shady or creepy, just delusional. Bunch of dudes in their 40's or 50's that think it's gonna bring back the good ole' days. It's a very, very similar to the Retro VGS/Calico Cameleo. 

What a stupid comment.

You see folks... the problem in "forming opinions" about something you haven't tried is that a lot of folks have been forming their opinions based on misinformation and lies.

Take this guy for example.  He has zero idea what he's talking about... YET he's formed an opinion based on a bunch of garbage.

:)

And by the way... the SAME would go the other way!!  If someone based their POSITIVE opinion on something they've never played because they were told it was going to have 128GB of internal RAM and we were giving the machine away for FREE...  THAT opinion wouldn't make sense either.

Is it REALLY asking too much of people to form an opinion on something after you've experienced it for yourself?  Is this the world we live in?  Well... it seems to be for certain negative hardcore gamer elites.  Thankfully... it's not our target audience so we don't need to worry about what they think.  :)

Also interesting that the Phoenix Down guy has also given wrong information on his video... and he formed his opinion based on what he thought was true information... which it wasn't.

:D

• Like 6

You know what I think is creepy, sad and shady? Purported "adults" posting drivel on forums such as this or YT. The f#ck? Remedial observation as the world is upside down right now (and not just due to Covid) but the noisy negativists really need to give it a rest already.

I bought the FE based on the information, branding/games, experience and passion from the source himself and you know what? If I don't end up liking the console for whatever reasons, guess what? I'll sell it. Or trade it. Or put it in the closet to be re-discovered or re-appreciated later. Or not. Who really cares? The people that can't help but hear themselves speak, type or whatever apparently.

And that's the real agenda (if even sly or devious enough to have one), else why care how people spend their money? Tell me how to live... please. ;)

• Like 3

New members, low post counts . you know what this shit is.. The same 5 or 6 people playing their games with this  community . It's becoming a fn joke.  It's like going in circles here with these dudes..  One worried about defending the lies and half truth about the Amico. With real facts the real information.. Same few with the same shit. Get Real People. There are preorder with real brick and mortar companies now and this still goes on with them.. 

Edited by m-crew
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, SanicSpeed said:

Cool..cool. You seem fun. What website forum are you on again? Ah yes....that's a great hot take you have. 

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, SanicSpeed said:

This is where I have to defend the Amico.  I've been, how to say, very "vocal" about my thoughts on the Amico in the past, but nothing about the Amico ever came off like the infamous RetroVGS project and people who compare the two are just completely ignorant.  If you are going to make criticisms at least put better effort and do more research. Tommy deserves credit for his absolute transparency when it comes to the Amico and as I've said before I respect that a lot.  He answers questions that Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft never would. 

I was one of Amico's biggest critics, but as I learned more about the project and as new announcements have been made my opinions about the Amico have slightly shifted. I still have my concerns like any project, but I can easily see myself picking one up sometime in 2021.  

I'm in my mid 30's and didn't grow up owning an INTV, so I'm not going into the Amico with any nostalgia. If I buy it, it will purely be based off games that interest me. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 1:33 PM, SanicSpeed said:

?

Edited by OldSchoolRetroGamer
fix
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, 8bitgamer said:
NEW VIDEO -- Should You Criticize a Gaming Console You Haven't Played? Watch here:

Yes, you can.  However, how and what you discuss can make you come across as either an intelligent person or glue-sniffer, or something in-between.  It just depends what your criticizing and if it really has any merit imo.

• Like 2