IGNORED

Raycaster

Asmusr

• 1 month later...

FYI, the TIPI mouse works in the latest version of Classic99, which means you can now control the game with your PC mouse. For my own emulator, js99er.net, you need the more elaborate setup with QEMU emulating the Raspberry PI running the TIPI to see the PC mouse in action.

texcaster8.bin

Edited by Asmusr
Attaching the latest bin
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

To round off this thread, it resulted in two different mini games with generic names:

• Raycaster is a non-textured ray caster using graphics mode 1. It allows smooth turning in any direction at a high refresh rate of 15-30 FPS. The mini game to find the exit can be completed in a few minutes.
  • Texcaster is a much more advanced *textured* ray caster using only the color part of graphics mode 2. 8 directions are supported at a frame rate of 4-6 FPS. It's the only 3D game with texture mapping that exists for the TI-99/4A. SAMS card is required and TIPI mouse is supported. Original music by yours truly. The mini game (with 25+ monsters) takes 15-20 minutes to complete, if you can find your way out...

Both games are available at https://js99er.net/#/ under Software/Demos.

I'm probably not going to work more on this project, but I have a new game in mind using some of the same techniques.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1