IGNORED

TI-99/4

Flottmann1

I have a 99/4 with only the bottom cover removed, it doesn't work but the LED Light burns and black screen with a whistle Tune

have not opened it further so far, just looked at the power supply and there is very little built in :)

I have never seen such so a power supply !

it has an EU power connector but a 5 pin TV connection (Europe = 6 Pin !)

P1070269.JPG

P1070273.JPG

P1070274.JPG

P1070278.JPG

P1070276.JPG

P1070277.JPG

P1070282.JPG

• Like 4

Nice model and really early production date from 1979! wow!

My only 99/4 is from 1981.

My 99/4 joysticks (same product code:PHP1100) are also from 1981.

Also interesting that it is for Europe, but produced in the USA.

Do we know, were all the 99/4s for Europe produced in the USA?

Did the console came with anything else? Manuals, Sheets, accessories?

I also remember that there are 99/4 that require a different external power supply. so please be careful.

Is it true that the motherboard as such with needing the same voltages as every TI-99?

So is it only a matter of providing the correct voltages by the right combination of external and internal power supplies?

Here I see the 99/4 (1037231-1) requires +5, -5, +12 and GND via individual wires.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/computers/motherboard_ti994.html

And the 99/4A has the 4 pin cable that seems to also get the input for +5, -5, +12 and GND.

http://www.mainbyte.com/ti99/computers/motherboard_ti994a.html

But it looks to me that it is only a matter of getting the wires to the right target location on the mainboard.

You can check if the 4 pins from the power plug simply only connect into the 4 voltage connectors on the motherboard, if that is the case, then you indeed have no internal power supply and this would mean the external power supply needs to provide the 4 voltages at the 4 pins, each at the correct pin.

Greetings from Vienna :)

• Like 1

On the model with the internal speaker the power is external see the photo that I put. The 4 power supply pins of the ti are in this case use unlike the other model where only three pins are used, moreover on this power supply one pin is larger than the others it serves to avoid an error.

On all other models except this one the voltages are AC but for this is DC.

Jean louis

the 99/4 lives, played around a little and noticed, when I try to insert a Module and the first Contact is made, the screen opens

when i plug it in completely I have the black Screen with a beep

I opened the 99/4 and took Pictures and also exchanged the Module Port, it doesn't change

P1070331.JPG

P1070333.JPG

P1070334.JPG

• Like 6

This 99/4 variant was the first version to be released in Europe. Based on production dates I've seen in the past and the two that I have like this, none were manufactured later than about the end of February 1980. Yours is the earliest date I've seen for one of them, by about five weeks.

As already noted, beware of using the wrong power supply, as any later power supply outputting AC will destroy the machine.

These were sold at the time TI only sold consoles as a set with included monitor, and all monitors used by TI at that time were NTSC, which explains the monitor connection.

• Like 3