IGNORED

Colecovision Unusual Screen Image Help

livingonwheels

I have the following image displayed, with or without a cartridge in the slot. After about 1 minute or so, the image disappears and all I have is a black screen. Turning the system off and on again repeats the process. Inserting a cartridge does not change the image, no sound either. Ignore the darker wide bar across the screen, that's a result of my camera. I've cleaned my power switch and have a properly working power supply, but the issue remains.

DSC00762.JPG

DSC00763.JPG

Edited by livingonwheels

The ColecoVision does a pause even when you insert a cartridge, and the screen looks similar.  Leave the cartridge in and turn it on.  In about 10 seconds or so, it should switch to the player start screen which will at least look different.

As far as the contents themselves go, start by checking the voltages from the power brick.  You should have +12, +5, and -5.  The brick's sticker says which pins should read what.

After a time it does boot the game (as shown in the picture below, Donkey Kong). I can use the controllers and move my character, but barely make out what I'm seeing. Sound effects are fine too. I tested my power supplies for the correct voltages ( I have 3 working power supplies) and it still has the same behavior. I also tried it with my Col-Usb power adapter, with no change.

DSC00765.JPG

post-10892-0-45584200-1548994014_thumb.jpg