KaeruYojimbo

Shattered Earth - WIP

I really liked the game, it has the look of a space hero. I would find it even more attractive if I had a choice of colors. Wouldn't an olive green version like that of a GB be possible? Thanks.

Cool to have a choice of colors, but I still prefer the stark while on black myself. 🙂 

I also discovered that I enjoy the game more starting on level 3, dealing with the wide variety of enemies and hazards. Here's my personal wishlist for the game:

• Deterministic levels (e.g. if I go back to the previous screen, it is still the same type of screen as when I was last there)
  • Reset button starts the game (in addition to the fire button as it is now)

20 minutes ago, Karl G said:

Cool to have a choice of colors, but I still prefer the stark while on black myself. 🙂 

Me too (though the Game Boy pea green is growing on me)

Deterministic levels (e.g. if I go back to the previous screen, it is still the same type of screen as when I was last there)

Move the left difficulty switch to A and the game remembers the last room you were in. That's as far as I plan to go with that. (Like I've said previously, the randomness is part of the premise that you're in a shifting debris field.)

Reset button starts the game (in addition to the fire button as it is now)

That actually was a feature until this version. I accidentally removed it when I added the palette switching. It'll be back in the next update.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

Use the Select switch during the attract/screensaver to choose between 4 color palettes.

It's probably a small thing but you can see your ship flash on the screen briefly if you press reset over and over.

- James

ok so i have a question i like the green on black best but i have a question about the green on light green, can you make background green less green and more blackish green like on an apple iie monochrome screen- can you bring background green down a smidge more mixed darker closer to back but still green but less bright then u got..........can that be experiemented with?

22 hours ago, chewy said:

ok so i have a question i like the green on black best but i have a question about the green on light green, can you make background green less green and more blackish green like on an apple iie monochrome screen- can you bring background green down a smidge more mixed darker closer to back but still green but less bright then u got..........can that be experiemented with?

I plan on tweaking the green on black to look more like an Apple II screen. The other 2 are supposed to be C64 and Game Boy. I might play around with those a little to see if I can get them closer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KaeruYojimbo said:

I plan on tweaking the green on black to look more like an Apple II screen. The other 2 are supposed to be C64 and Game Boy. I might play around with those a little to see if I can get them closer.

oh interesting wow!!!