IGNORED

Interest check: FULL SIZE steering wheel for emulation

scotty

Just gauging interest...  Full size steering wheel that would connect to your existing spinner, for games like Pole Position, TX-1 and other driving games that use a 360 degree spinner in Mame.   There are small wheels out there that you control with your fingers, but WTH??!!   I am talking a FULL SIZE wheel that you use with both hands for the true arcade feel.   Wheel would be black with painted silver handles in the inside, very similar to Atari's Pole Position wheel.  Any interest?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I only got one response, I am exploring other options.  I was looking for a 3D printer with a build volume large enough for a full size wheen, but decided to go with a smaller one.   a go-cart steering wheel is 10" and can be found pretty cheap, so I have pretty much decided to go with that, and just print an adapter to go between the steering wheel and sit on top of the spinner.  Pretty much the same way the smaller ones do, but using a bigger wheel.