IGNORED

Name games with money

2 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Monopoly

Take the Money and Run

Tax Avoiders

Thanks.

I don´t think Take the Money and Run qualifies, though, as it supports 2 players. It is just versus, though, and it is games with a 2-player co-op (or 3+ player versus) I don´t want on the list (because I want to play those in multiplayer). Also I dont think you can buy anything in this game, except your freedom, or whatever the goal of the game is.

While Tax Avoiders probably meets the criteria, as you can buy investments or something, I am more looking for games where you can buy better equipment, more health, more power and stuff like that.

Monopoly is also multiplayer.

Also I think I need to add a 4th criteria. It has to be 8-bit or higher, but not newer than 6th generation consoles (PS2, Dreamcast, XBox and Gamecube). Is there any way to edit that into my original post?

Edited by Lord Mushroom

I know TESII: Daggerfall is an RPG but it's also a banking simulator...

You have to buy bank notes if you amass so much wealth and so you can't carry around 100k gold cause you physically can't carry it (I wish more RPGs did this). Also the bank notes are regional and so if you go to a different kingdom you have to transfer the bank notes.

You can take out loans... buy a house and even a boat! Have mortgage payments... and also having to deal with debt collectors if you don't pay. Though it's much better to just buy the boat as it's a lot cheaper for a place to dump all your crap... lol

• Like 1

I remember playing an arcade game where the player collected coins that could be used to purchase health, better weapons, etc. It was a platformer from the mid-1980s. Looking at some online images, I am quite certain that it was Black Tiger

Gauntlet Legends also allowed the player to amass gold with which to purchase upgrades.

7 hours ago, save2600 said:

Blood Money comes to mind:

U.N. Squadron too:

Blood Money is 2-player, so it won´t make the list. But it looks fun, so I will play it in 2-player someday.

U.N. Squadron is also 2-player (in the arcade version), and I will play it in 2-player someday too. I have already played it quite a bit in single-player as I actually own the SNES version.

Edit: I played U.N. Squadron a long time ago.

Edited by Lord Mushroom

5 hours ago, Magmavision2000 said:

In Lego Star Wars; The Video Game, you collect studs in each level and use said studs to unlock bonus characters, cheats, and hints.

It is 2-player. Perhaps I should have specified that I am looking for games, which are single-player only, but I thought "single-player games" meant just that.

7 minutes ago, Lord Mushroom said:

It is 2-player. Perhaps I should have specified that I am looking for games, which are single-player only, but I thought "single-player games" meant just that.

Huh? 2-Player games are single-player games when you choose the single-player option.  

Or are you just trying to limit the number of qualified games by imposing such a restriction? Because really, there are a shit-ton of games that have you earning money to buy things. Of nearly ever genre.  :lol:

4 hours ago, Raccoon Lad said:

The Fantasy Zone Series and Ghostbusters on the Genesis.

Thanks, I will add them to my (private) list. They seem to meet the criteria, and they look fun. It would have been nice if there was a way to add them to my list in the first post, so people didn´t have to read throught the whole thread before making suggestions, if this turns out to become a long thread.

4 hours ago, jhd said:

I remember playing an arcade game where the player collected coins that could be used to purchase health, better weapons, etc. It was a platformer from the mid-1980s. Looking at some online images, I am quite certain that it was Black Tiger

Gauntlet Legends also allowed the player to amass gold with which to purchase upgrades.

Thanks, Black Tiger is added to my list. Kickass 1st level music.

Gauntlet Legends is 4-player, though, and I think it is an RPG too.

Edited by Lord Mushroom

22 minutes ago, mbd30 said:

Conquest of the Crystal Palace. A large amount of time can be spend grinding for coins for power ups, health refills, etc.

Thanks, it is added to my list. I particularly like the music on the first stage. I don´t know if you know this, but Crystal Palace is a big soccer-club in England. Perhaps the other teams should play the first stage theme before their matches against them, or something.

19 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Huh? 2-Player games are single-player games when you choose the single-player option.  

Or are you just trying to limit the number of qualified games by imposing such a restriction? Because really, there are a shit-ton of games that have you earning money to buy things. Of nearly ever genre. lol

What I mean is that I thought that games, which only supports single-player play, were referred to as "single-player games". And that games, which also supports multiplayer play, were referred to as "multiplayer games".

I am of course aware of the fact that almost all multiplayer games can be played in single-player mode.

The reason why I am limiting myself to single-player only games, is that I would rather play multiplayer games in multiplayer. I have a separate list for multiplayer games, which has different criteria. 

I am glad to hear that there are many games, which meet my criteria, and that they are found in many genres. I feel it adds a tactical element to a game when you can choose for yourself how to upgrade using your hard-earned money/gems/whatever.

3 minutes ago, save2600 said:

Ahh... then may as well further differentiate by multiplayer co-op and turn based while you're at it.   :grin:

:) 

Yes, and I could probably have added other criteria too to make it as clear as possible what I am looking for. But I was afraid that if I made the criteria too complicated, people would be dissuaded from making suggestions.

47 minutes ago, Newsdee said:

Doee Money Puzzle Echanger count? You literally fight with money :)

Xenon 2: Megablast has a store between levels.

River City Ransom also comes to mind.

Thanks. 

Money Puzzle Exchanger doesn´t qualify as you can´t buy anything.

River City Ransom is two player, and I have completed it in single-player and multiplayer mode. :)

But Xenon 2 was new to me, and qualifies, so it is now on the list.

I have to say Amiga is impressing me. When I make my multiplayer list, which is gonna take forever, I go through the Wikipedia list of all games of each console of a certain quality, looking for suitable games. And I was gonna skip Amiga because I figured almost all suitable Amiga games would have a better port on another console, so it wouldn´t be worth the time. But now I have decided to give it a go. I have also decided to do the same to Turbografx and Sega CD. I hear Turbografx is like 50% shoot´em ups, and I love those.