IGNORED

TI Items - Photo Archival Thread

Omega-TI

It's amazing how just in the past three or four years so much has changed in the TI hardware field.  Before the TIPI came into all our lives, many of us had our TI's doing WiFi to the BBS with a UDS-10 and a Vonets WiFi bridge, similar to this arrangement...

1442662102_UDSVonets.thumb.JPG.629995d3d523bbef0916df4ea0a49eba.JPG

And before the FinalGROM came in and took over, we were still using individual cartridges like these...

UberCART.thumb.jpg.fafdfaabae47dc2d7f610bad8980a84f.jpg

541606956_512kRedBoard.thumb.jpg.a56321d0cd1bc987a4d0abf24ceb5feb.jpg

1118521279_TI-64KAftermarketPCB.thumb.JPG.6a8f09be3d7a0e215888786a000db7c2.JPG

It's all been an amazing blur these past few years!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ksarul said:

Turtles has also been getting pictures of things I've been digging out as part of a rearrangement down in my basement lair. . .every time a new thing comes to light, he temporarily pillages it for a photo session.

I'm Turtles and I approve of this message.

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

On 11/1/2020 at 11:01 PM, Ksarul said:

Turtles has also been getting pictures of things I've been digging out as part of a rearrangement down in my basement lair. . .every time a new thing comes to light, he temporarily pillages it for a photo session.

On 11/1/2020 at 11:03 PM, iliketurtles said:

I'm Turtles and I approve of this message.

You are both aware? That political campaigning of any sort, is prohibited by AtariAge's bylaws!:-D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/2/2020 at 4:48 AM, iliketurtles said:

Gamevision Demonstration Cartridge  (and as you can see, I accidentally left other Gamevision carts in the background

Turtles :) may I ask you an hires scan for the front and Bottom Labels, please?
something like 600dpi in color, TIFF not compressed. if you have possibility of course.

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
The Video Controller was in production--both as a sidecar (I have one) and as a PEB card (I'm still trying to get one). The important thing to note with these is that they had Class A FCC certification, which meant that they were not usable in a home environment (that reqiured Class B certification). A lot of school districts and businesses apparently had them, but very few actually survived. There are several different compatible VCRs (each with a special cable set) and at least one compatible Laser Disk player. Note also that the PEB version isn't complete unless it has a cable attached to the connector on the back that leads to a set of video connectors for the VCR cables to terminate to. These connector blocks are much harder to find than the cards are. . .
I have mentioned this in the past on a previous thread about it. I saw one in action at the recruitment center when I joined the Army. It was used to train recruits with a multi media presentation. The one at the recruiting station had the previously mentioned laser disc player. It was the sidecar version.and the software was on a cartridge. You answered questions and it would play a video based on your answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, LASooner said:

I have mentioned this in the past on a previous thread about it. I saw one in action at the recruitment center when I joined the Army. It was used to train recruits with a multi media presentation. The one at the recruiting station had the previously mentioned laser disc player. It was the sidecar version.and the software was on a cartridge. You answered questions and it would play a video based on your answer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

One wonders if any of those cartridges or laser discs survive. . .but the fact that recruitment centers had them actually helps explain the somewhat large (relative to the p-Code box) number of survivors. The military doesn't always just trash stuff when they are done with it, they sell it as surplus, so the survival rate is higher. Businesses often just write things off and drop it into a dumpster.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Ksarul said:

One wonders if any of those cartridges or laser discs survive. . .but the fact that recruitment centers had them actually helps explain the somewhat large (relative to the p-Code box) number of survivors. The military doesn't always just trash stuff when they are done with it, they sell it as surplus, so the survival rate is higher. Businesses often just write things off and drop it into a dumpster.

The radio I used in the 90's was also used in the Korean war, so you are correct about the army not throwing anything away.

We also used Commodore 64's for rifle training, it was a whole kit with a mock M16 that had a DB9 plug.