IGNORED

Where can I get my Ti-99 4/A fixed?

AtariNostalgia

2 hours ago, AtariNostalgia said:

My NTSC TI 99/4A's internal power supply isn't working. Is there anywhere in Europe that I can get it fixed?

Does anyone know If anyone sells these internal PSUs?

Did you controlled the two anti-surge fuses (0,500 mA and 0,200 mA) in the transformer (black block)? Maybe only they are broken.

Edited by Sid1968

12 minutes ago, arcadeshopper said:

What's a trafo?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

That is the German abbreviation for Transformator (engl. Transformer). The TI-99/4 Trafo for Europe is Model T40/E.

Edited by Sid1968
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can still repair them and stock quite a few parts.  (One of these days my wife will have me throw all of my 99/4A stuff out before we make our next move in a few years!) 

However, it would be cheaper just to buy a working used console online and swap out the defective motherboard or power supply.  Someone contacted me last night and I gave him the same advice.

I am always available to answer questions regarding the internal workings of the console (and most peripherals). 

CC

Edited by CC Clarke
  • Like 3

On 5/14/2020 at 5:40 AM, GDMike said:

Trafo...reminds me of how in the Philippines they call air conditioner "aircon" like how we call the refrigerator a "fridge" I suppose.

... and for Bratwurst you say Brats, right? Why dont you say to a Bratpfanne (Look at my profilefoto) in english Bratpan instead of frypan??? ;-)

Edited by Sid1968
  • Thanks 1

Because you can fry more than brats in a pan?

Here's some more language trivia: Even though most Germans believe that Bratwurst got its name from being a Wurst (sausage) that you must "braten" (fry), this is not exactly true. The origin is Old High German "brato" which means "minced meat", in current German called "Brät". So it would better be called "Brätwurst" (and yes, this sounds noticeably different to Bratwurst).

Edited by mizapf
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lee Stewart said:

Because we call it a skillet or frying pan.

...lee

Bratpan would sound more tastier. ??

Tursi I have a new idea to finance a Linux version of classic99. Simply flooding the American market with the new Bratpans with special blow handle.... The name is worth its weight in gold.

Edited by Sid1968

Seriously, just install wine and use a 32bit prefix.  Tested, works fine.

I even cooked up a linux chromebook to start it up automagically.

(And yes, that is totally a cast iron skillet. :)  They also make fantastic pie pans.)

Edited by wierd_w
  • Like 3

On 5/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, mizapf said:

Because you can fry more than brats in a pan?

Here's some more language trivia: Even though most Germans believe that Bratwurst got its name from being a Wurst (sausage) that you must "braten" (fry), this is not exactly true. The origin is Old High German "brato" which means "minced meat", in current German called "Brät". So it would better be called "Brätwurst" (and yes, this sounds noticeably different to Bratwurst).

So Brad Pitt was hacked ?  ?

Edited by Schmitzi
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1