IGNORED

Opinions on the current "best" SNES controller?

Razzie.P

I've been looking for a couple more iBuffalo SNES gamepads, but they seem to have gotten quite difficult to find over the past year or so, so now I'm looking into some alternatives.   Any suggestions for what's considered the new "gold standard" for SNES style Emulation gamepad?  Or even just some gamepads that equal the quality and feel of the iBuffalo ones?  It'll be used in Windows 10 as well as Retropie emulation.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...
On 4/29/2020 at 10:08 AM, Razzie.P said:

I've been looking for a couple more iBuffalo SNES gamepads, but they seem to have gotten quite difficult to find over the past year or so, so now I'm looking into some alternatives.   Any suggestions for what's considered the new "gold standard" for SNES style Emulation gamepad?  Or even just some gamepads that equal the quality and feel of the iBuffalo ones?  It'll be used in Windows 10 as well as Retropie emulation.

Thanks!

For me its the Retroflag one. Never had any compatibility issues, and no physical wear after a year. Both these traits are quite rare as far as USB controllers go.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd highly recommend the 8bitdo SNES type controllers. 

WIRELESS https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-SN30-Wireless-Gamepad-Original-nintendo/dp/B08536V3PH/

WIRED https://www.amazon.com/8Bitdo-Gamepad-Nintendo-Windows-Raspberry-pc/dp/B07R481CVY

They are very sturdy and well made controllers. They have a variety of colors and styles available as well. There are also more modern style ones with analog sticks and secondary shoulder buttons, but those cost a bit more. 

I believe the top link comes with the wireless adapter for SNES, and you can technically use that adapter to sync it with your PC.

Edited by KeeperofLindblum