IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback not working

Player One

My Intellivision Flashback stopped working. I was experiencing some graphical anomalies while playing a game, so I reset it, then I think I just got a black screen. I powered it off and on and just got color bars. I repeated this several times with the same result. 

Has anyone else had this problem?

That is sad to hear.  I have one of these.

I also upgraded another one to the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback.   I love this!  Much better emulation and any games you have can be added.  Something to consider if no one can help you.

You can search the Intellivision section for more info.  If I remember correctly, it was Byte Knight that does the upgrade.

• Like 2

The internal board is fairly basic and not really serviceable. 

As 1980gamer mentioned, it can be rebuilt using a Raspberry Pi.  You can go to Intellivision subforum here and look for the Ultimate Intellivision Flashback thread. 

Basically the main flashback board is removed and it is replaced. 

If you don't want to have it rebuilt/upgraded then it is possible that Byte Knight (or another member here) has an original Flashback board from one of his previous rebuilds. 

If you are handy, then you can rebuild it yourself.  That thread has many comments and we can all offer tips, too. 

Edited by fdr4prez
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, fdr4prez said:

If you don't want to have it rebuilt/upgraded then it is possible that Byte Knight (or another member here) has an original Flashback board from one of his previous rebuilds. 

That's a good idea. As awesome as the ultimate flashback sounds, I don't really want to spend the money on it right now.

• Like 1