IGNORED

MAGNAVOX ODYSSEY “ZOMBIE OUTBREAK” HOMEBREW OFFICIAL PREORDER THREAD

ManCaveArcade

WHAT IS ZOMBIE OUTBREAK and what makes it special?

Zombie Outbreak is my 3rd homebrew game for the original 1972 Magnavox Odyssey system, the world’s first video game console. This is the SECOND homebrew game for the 1972 Odyssey that uses the Rifle Accessory (My Hunting Adventure was the first). This game will also feature a NEVER BEFORE RELEASED CUSTOM GAME CARD that makes this game possible. The FIRST custom game card for the Rifle accessory! This is also a SINGLE PLAYER game which is rare for this system however there is a multiplayer game option.

GAME DESCRIPTION:

STORY:

Deep in an underground lab at an undisclosed location, a virus was created while doing research on a biological warfare program. Routine experiments were performed on live human captives. Their bodies piled up outside as they perished from the virus. They thought that the virus would die along with the dead but something else happened. The virus started to mutate and survive inside their flesh.

The Zombie Virus was created! The bodies became re-animated and attacked the lab workers, feeding on their flesh. The virus spread through their bites which started the “Zombie Outbreak” that soon spread over the world.

A small group of survivors decided to fight back and formed the Z.D.F. - Zombie Destruction Force. This group is dedicated to the cause of eliminating the Zombie population. Your best chance at survival is to join this team. You must prove yourself worthy by passing a series of tests and missions.

GAME PLAY:

I don’t want to give too much away about these Top Secret Missions that you will find inside each Secret Mission file folders included in the package but I will say that the game starts out in a “Training Phase” where zombie heads are launched DIAGONALLY across the screen after being fired out of a modified war cannon. You must be able to shoot 5 in a row with only one round per head in order to move on to your next mission. This is like Skeet Shooting in the Apocalypse.

There is 3 different game overlays and 4 different missions each with a unique style of game play so that it does not get repetitive.

To WIN at this game in a single player game mode you must complete each challenge back to back. If you fail one mission you DIE and must start from the beginning. This adds a nice challenge to the game and it’s really fun to try and make it all the way through.

CUSTOM GAME CARD DESCRIPTION:

This custom game card I designed has multiple advantages and will be used in different ways throughout this game. This brings a new level of excitement and challenge to the Rifle that was not possible before such as the DIAGONAL flying target used in the Zombie Head Cannon.

Another NEW feature with this game card is the ability to launch the target with only the push of 1 button which makes setting up each game mission a lot easier than ever before. Game card 9 required a second person to move the target and game card 10 was a pain to get the target set up with both player controllers and both English controllers. All you have to do with this card is set ONE target with ONE controller in a certain position as described in each mission file and press a button, that’s it! This feature makes it possible for a single player to be able to launch his own target without the need for a second player.

Another NEW feature with this game card is that it had different effects with different reset buttons and different set up procedures. This really adds another level of unique game play to the Rifle that was not possible before adding new challenges.

GAME CONTENTS:

1.  FULL SIZE professional hand built Limited Collector’s Edition box numbered 1-25 of 25 (You can reserve your number if available, AA members that bought my H.A. will have first opportunity to get a matching number) See picture for size comparison to original game box.

2.  A matching certificate of authentication.

3.  NEW designed Custom game card. This is a unique game card that has NOT been released before! It is required to play and this game would not have been possible without it. This game card will look totally different than the original Magnavox cards. Picture coming soon.

4. (3) Large size game overlays. These overlays are larger than the original “small” overlays but slightly smaller than the original “large” size overlays. They look and work great!

5.  A standard size and formatted instruction sheet

6.  4 TOP SECRET mission file folders. Each one of these when open up, contain a description of the mission and game play instructions.

7.  Zombie Outbreak First Aid Kit

8.  Plastic box protector case to keep your game safe during shipping, storage and looks great for your display. Thanks, Stupus for the tip! I decided to buy a bunch of these and include them as part of the game release to help protect them during shipping. I worked so hard to make these I want them to reach you safe and sound.

What is NOT included in this game that is needed to play?

·         Original 1972 Magnavox Odyssey system

·         Electronic Rifle (Unless it is the Deluxe kit)

How much does it cost?

This game will be slightly more expensive then the last release due to the following additional costs: Custom game card, Clear box protector included, purchased key board boxes for shipping (It was too much work making custom shipping boxes so I purchased keyboard shipping boxes that are slightly larger) $85 Plus shipping

OFFICIAL RESERVATION LIST:

* LIST KEY: [(P) = PAID] [(S) = SHIPPED] [(D+R)= DELUXE PACKAGE + RIFLE] [(D-R)= DELUXE PACKAGE - RIFLE] [(NUMBER BY NAME) = L.C.E. NUMBER ON THE MAIN GAME BOX]

0. ManCaveArcade

1. Ianoid (P) (S)
  2. RESERVED (P) (S)
  3. STUPUS (D-R) (P) (S)
  4. Captain J (P) (S)
  5. Dastari Creel (P) (S)
  6. EEbuckeye (p) (s)
  7. STILL AVAILABLE
  8. TPR (P) (S)
  9. zodiacprime (D-R) (P) (S)
  10. Retrogmr (P) (S)
  11. PsychedelicShaman (D-R) (P) (S)
  12. Blazing lazers (D+R) (P) (S)
  13. Captain Combat (P) (S)
  14. ZHorton (P) (S)
  15. Atari2008 (D+R) (P) (S)
  16. STILL AVAILABLE
  17. SOLD (P) (S)
  18. BuckeyeFan_4eva (D-R) (P) (S)
  19. WalkingCarp (D-R) (P) (S)
  20. SOLD
  21. thejers (P) (S)
  22. SOLD
  23. SOLD
  24. STILL AVAILABLE
  25. SLYDC (P) (S)

DELUXE SETS ARE ALL SOLD OUT AS OF 5/8/2020

DELUXE SETS + RIFLE $250 + shipping BOTH RESERVED: This includes the entire game kit above + Rifle + Additional overlay + Bonus material + Large Custom box that will hold all of these items. (D+R) Beside your name.

DELUXE SETS - RIFLE ($TBD) + shipping: This includes the entire game kit + Additional overlay + Bonus material + Large Custom box that will hold all of these items. (D-R) Beside your name.

I WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MONEY UNTIL ALL OF THESE GAMES ARE BUILT AND READY TO SHIP!

The first prototype game is mostly complete and the rest are still in the production process. I am doing this pre-order based on your integrity to pay in full at the time of project completion which is estimated sometime in MAY or JUNE at the latest. So to reserve your copy, you must make a post here AND send me a PM with your FIRST AND LAST NAME, FULL SHIPPING ADDRESS (This is required to determine shipping, identify you when you make a Paypal payment and for actual shipping), and I will add you to the list. Please do not get on the list if you are not 100% certain that you want one and are willing to pay. I am only making 25 copies of this game because it is such a time consuming (and expensive) project so I don’t want to turn away any serious members who want one and then end up with extras due to non-payment. Be assured that this is a ManCaveArcade quality project and I WILL DELIVER IN A TIMELY MANNER. If there is any delay at all for any reason, you will receive weekly updates. My last games got great reviews so feel free to check out my old pre-order threads for feedback.

MORE PICTURES COMING SOON!

BoxSample.jpg

SampleOverlay.jpg

Edited by ManCaveArcade
Update LIST
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mikebloke said:

Wish I had a rifle to play with :( :( I saw the ebay listing for the hunting game and would probably go for it if I had the rifle. 

Same here! There were a few rifles up on eBay recently but they went quickly. I got the game first, hoping to get the rifle (and a CRT) later.

33 minutes ago, Atari2008 said:

Same here! There were a few rifles up on eBay recently but they went quickly. I got the game first, hoping to get the rifle (and a CRT) later.

I have 2 extra Rifles right now but I'm designing a new custom box and was planning on releasing 2 "DELUXE" Zombie Outbreak Game packs that would include everything in the regular game pack + the Rifle + the custom box that will hold the Rifle and the game pack + (1) additional overlay and maybe extra mission and bonus material. It will be a bit pricey though as I paid a lot for the rifles so the entire Deluxe game kit will be $250 + shipping. I started trying to collect Rifles a long time ago back in 2012 and was planning on including them in Hunting Adventure but I couldn't get enough and they were too expensive. I wish I could make more Deluxe kits but I only have 2 Rifles. 

First one who wants to claim these kits POST here and I will reserve them for you but please make sure you really want them and are wiling to pay because I only have 2. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ManCaveArcade said:

I have 2 extra Rifles right now but I'm designing a new custom box and was planning on releasing 2 "DELUXE" Zombie Outbreak Game packs that would include everything in the regular game pack + the Rifle + the custom box that will hold the Rifle and the game pack + (1) additional overlay and maybe extra mission and bonus material. It will be a bit pricey though as I paid a lot for the rifles so the entire Deluxe game kit will be $250 + shipping. I started trying to collect Rifles a long time ago back in 2012 and was planning on including them in Hunting Adventure but I couldn't get enough and they were too expensive. I wish I could make more Deluxe kits but I only have 2 Rifles. 

First one who wants to claim these kits POST here and I will reserve them for you but please make sure you really want them and are wiling to pay because I only have 2. 

Please put me down for 1 deluxe instead of the regular. Thank you!!!!

I just had someone ask me a few good questions so I thought I should share them.

1. Does the Rifle work on a flat screen TV (LCD, LED, computer monitor, etc.)

YES! The Odyssey Rifle circuit works different then the other game console light guns that did require a CRT to work such as the famous Nintendo Zapper. 

2. How do you adjust your TV for best performance?

Make sure whatever TV you are using is adjusted properly. You want to adjust your brightness and contrast controls so that you get the brightest white light from the target spot without compromising the rich black background. The background should be BLACK not grey. If it is grey, turn down your brightness until it turns black. I usually start with adjusting the brightness until it turns grey and then back down until it just turns a nice black. Then do the same with the contrast. This will give you optimal performance and accuracy from your gun.

3. How do you calibrate the Odyssey Rifle?

Insert Card #9 into the console and Aim dead center of the square. It should extinguish the target. If not Aim high and low to see if it is shooting high or low and you can adjust the rear sight aperture up or down by turning the small screw on top. Adjusting it up will lower your shot and adjusting it down with raise your shot. You can also adjust the horizontal sights by rotating the front sight post. If you want it to be really accurate then Install one of my zombie outbreak or Hunting adventure overlays on the screen and use the smallest target spot. My overlays are designed in a way that it blocks the light around my targets to make them smaller and more challenging game play. So if you adjust your sights on one of my overlays to dead center you get the best performance. You only have to do this one time to match your rifle with your TV and you are set for good unless your rifle get banged around and works the sights loose. 

4.  If I want the Deluxe game set and already have a standard version reserved can I swap it to only get the kit?

YES, Absolutely. The Deluxe game set will include the entire standard version including the game box anyway. It will fit inside the Deluxe game box along with the Rifle and other bonus material included.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ManCaveArcade said:

If at all possible I'd love to upgrade to the deluxe version. Cost is no concern.

1 hour ago, stupus said:

I have 2 rifles already, but if you could make me a deluxe version with everything to add my own rifle that would be outstanding!

Thanks! :)

I can totally do that for you. I will just figure out the cost for the extra box and additional overlays and you can pay the difference. I can do this with anyone else that wants one. This part of the game is still in developement so I will keep you posted. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ManCaveArcade said:

1. Does the Rifle work on a flat screen TV (LCD, LED, computer monitor, etc.)

YES! The Odyssey Rifle circuit works different then the other game console light guns that did require a CRT to work such as the famous Nintendo Zapper.

I completely agree that the Rifle Gun for the Magnavox Odyssey works on any TV (CRT, LCD, Plasma, 4K, Monitor, etc..) and it will work on future TV's

as well since the Rifle Gun acts on "light", it even works on a light bulb so ANY TV (and related) will always work.

If you don't believe this then do a simple test: once the rifle gun plugged into an Odyssey and either card 9 or 10, shoot at light near the TV, if the circuit

has detected the light when the trigger is pulled, the spot (card 9) or the ball (card 10) will disappear on screen.

• Like 2