IGNORED

HEX

digress

Ok, i'll do that with the vultures. I am looking for a theme for the next level and night theme makes sense. So i'll put the bats there and switch these to vultures.

I'll try to do a capture of the colecovision graphics too for comparision. It still looks pretty good, the sprites just become 1 colour.

my video capture device is sad. I might be better just using a camera off the screen.

2 hours ago, NIAD said:

Looking good and always appreciate your effort to support the F18.

Perhaps change the bats to vultures seeing as it’s a desert scene during the day. Could always add a night level like Slither does and use bats then.

Edited by digress

• 4 weeks later...

Leo, your game looks great!  I am always a big fan of your unique style.

I have to say I am loving the idea of the super hard game, I honestly want a game that is very very hard.  I really enjoy games I have to work for rather then complete in just a few sittings.

I just felt inspired to jot down a few ideas if you are looking for anything..

It was hard for me to see, but did the enemy pick up the ammo drop?  Enemies that pick up your ammo is a great idea.  I hope the ammo will need to be carefully rationed and that pick ups are not too often where you feel you never have to worry about conserving ammo as another will just appear.

Have you thought maybe of a thief type character that maybe steals a bullet or two from characters, or some character that takes your ammo and moves it to somewhere else, perhaps near the enemy or vice versa?  I am thinking like that blasted bat from adventure!

I think maybe some gunner towers / arrow towers might be fun, where you are also be bombarded by enemy fire while you are playing might be a real challenge.

Is it possible to make the stagecoaches drive erratically and fire bullets in your direction?  

It would be really neat to have the stagecoaches move in wobbly back and forth and perhaps roll forwards and backwards trying to run you over?

I think a couple of rows of stagecoaches where you have to go between them while dodging bullets, coaches, flying creatures and the enemy would be awesome!

Perhaps a different color zombie or changing color zombies that rotate randomly can either be shot and blown up or if you shoot it at the wrong color will cause it to replicate another zombie?

Of course these are just my daydreaming ideas as I always have when you are making a game!  Whatever you decide I am sure will be great!

Glad you are back making games again!

Looking forward to getting this one if it becomes available!

• Like 1

the enemy shootist does indeed steal your pickups. make sure to plug him if before he gets them.

you have some good suggestions that are similar to things i was planning.

a gattling gun and i guess it could be mounted in a wagon that you can only dynamite but you have to get close enough by sneaking rock to rock. while other enemies are still trying to get you. probably would have add horses to that as well.

Hex is a bounty hunter so the purpose is to get past the supernatural defences and henchmen to defeat the boss and bring him back dead or alive for a bounty. The bounty will be a bonus type depending upon something like  kills+bounty base amount - time +shots fired.

i'll add some story elements so each boss has a distinct style. 

i'm hoping to add a store element between levels so you can buy dynamite, perhaps change your weapon to a shotgun or winchester rifle with each weapon having a distinct advantage and disadvantage.

perhaps an inventory so you have finite resources like resident evil.

4 stages i plan 2nd will be at night. perhaps with bears, bats not sure yet. 1 stage first.

Those ideas sound great too!  I was thinking when I first saw your video that this game was going to be a small extended version of your Boot Hill game,  but I am happy to hear this game really is very different.. I am so looking forward to this one.

The sneaking around and dodging is so perfect for the bounty hunter theme and adding in the supernatural is great.

Looking forward to seeing your next video!

Digress, I was just thinking, the name of this thread is HEX, I came into it because I recognized your Avatar and name and thought it might have to do with a new game.  I can understand however that some people may think this is a thread about programming or a question about the HEX numbering system.  I would suggest if possible a slight modification to... New shooter adventure game HEX

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i changed the graphics up a bit and it's easier to see now.

'Hex' Game.
I updated the look and
improved the blood spatter and
dragon fire
Its become quite playable

f18a

https://rumble.com/vbuwkj-hex-update-in-f18a-colecovision-or-phoenix-game-system.html

standard graphics of same rom

https://rumble.com/vbux2b-hex-update-in-standard-graphics-for-the-colecovision-video-game-system.html

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey Digress, I was just thinking about your new game, any new updates?  I was going through your previous one and it got me thinking about your new one.

I have to say the cowboy theme is not represented enough on Colecovision!

I am totally juiced about buying your new game!

Thank you again for supporting the community!

I am finishing up an intellivision contest entry. I wanted to broaden my horizions and always liked the intellivision though I'm not that proficient with it. That contest is wrapping up this month then i'll probably work on this again.

Texas eh. Never been there. If king of the hill is any indication it seems like a fun place.

• 1 month later...

I did a little more work on this project:

Changed the scroll to only the lower 2/3 but now it scrolls up & down as well so you still have  the ability to go around things.

Move all score & ammo info to top score board 

Improved a few problems still getting some corruption occasionally.

Noticed some of the bats seem to have a collision detection problem.

• Like 3