IGNORED

ADE PRO and DDP

videofx

Do you need a DDP in the tape drive to boot a .DDP from the ADE pro?

Also when I boot the .ddp from the ADE Pro it says Buck rogers and have controller in port 1 but can never get the game to work.

Also I put super basic dip in the drive pull; reset and just takes me to the typewriter but with a ddp in the drive if I load a .DDP from the ADE Pro the drive does read the tape

Any ideas?

Coleco hardcoded most of their programs to load from a specific Drive #. So if you boot such a program from a different Drive #, the program may or may not load to a certain point and then lockup or reset the system. Most programs were hacked/patched over the years to be bootable from any Drive # and these disk image files can be found in the Adam Archive... that why numerous programs have alternate [a1] image files.

Thanks for that!

I did learn something new also while playing with this. If you have the ADE pro connected to the Adamnet port EVEN with the Ade powered off, the Adam will not boot a tape in the DDP drive! I had to disconnect the ADE from the Adamnet port before the DDP would boot!

I have never noticed this behavior while using my ADE Pro, but then again I rarely use the Data Drive anymore and usually have it disconnected to avoid unnecessary wear and tear.

The boot hierarchy of the Adam is:

- Boot Prom installed in a Slot #2 card

- Disk Drive #1

- Disk Drive #2

- Data Drive #1

- Data Drive #2

- SmartWriter Word Processor