IGNORED

FS: Atari 2600 Cart Replacement labels

pboland

CrapCarts.thumb.jpg.4535e019ec24c5e06271f433e11d3da8.jpg

Atari 2600 Replacement Cartridge Labels

Pricing per title is based on size, number, and type of material. Many titles are only $2.50 each. Some cost more and a few cost less. If you are interested just message me (pboland) and I can send you my current catalog (too large to post here).

Label Making Process:

Great care has been taken to make these replacement labels. They are not just simple copies of the originals. Most of the label imagery is rebuilt from the ground up using related print materials, such as manuals, boxes, advertisements, posters and many elements have even been redrawn. Some labels in my catalog have alternate styles. In the case of “Fathom” (pictured above) both a text version or a picture version can be purchased.

Most of the replacement labels are printed on six ink photo quality printers, while others are printed on color laser printers (depends on material type). Each label is laminated and computer cut to size to ensure proper fit and shape.

All orders are made on demand, so these are not mass produced labels. For that reason I normally need at least a week to put an order together. Depending on order volume it may take up to two weeks to complete an order. PM (personal message) me for current turn around.

Ordering information:

Please message me (pboland) if interested. I will send you my current catalog and tell you my current turn around. If you can’t find the label you are looking for, be sure to ask. Keep in mind I do have a $25.00 minimum order (not including shipping). Shipping inside the USA is $5.50 (first class mail with tracking). If you are outside the USA please let me know so I can quote you the shipping cost. I invoice via PayPal once your order is ready to ship so I will need your PayPal email address at the time of the order.

History:

I’ve been a video game collector since 1995 and a member of AtariAge since 2006. I started making replacement labels for myself in the early 2000’s. It wasn’t until 2010 that I made my first replacement label for another person other than myself. I’ve been making them off and on since 2012. I DO NOT sell on eBay.  For those that don’t know, I make/design new controller overlays and cart labels (meaning not repros/replacement) for some in the home-brew community and I’ve been doing this since 2012 as well. I can make cart labels for many pre-crash systems.

Link for messaging pboland [https://atariage.com/forums/messenger/compose/?to=9874]
(You must be logged in to AtariAge for link to work)

Small Sample:

sample.thumb.jpg.f1169a8f008d6b8dfd5d3774e14b04b7.jpg

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bfstats said:

How about FOIL labels like SpectraVideo, specifically Mangia?

Maybe...?  Good question! Those dreaded foil/metallic labels...You mean like these:

foilSamp1.jpg.ff55e1ae3aa94c086c7a3332e8e4647c.jpg

foilSamp2.jpg.89386be509357089e9f3d7ca14bf4b0c.jpg

foilSamp3.jpg.4f5d2d9411ed84620936f58155a8c09a.jpg

foilSamp4.jpg.8f6eba33c4f29fc06db027cd5d954b69.jpg

Yes, I can make those too.

BTW, I added multiple pictures because it's actually hard to photo foil/metallic labels and see that they are foil. The only way is to move around to show how the light reflects off of the label's surface. Just PM me if you are interested. Remember, I have a $20.00 minimum purchase not including shipping.

• Like 5

My catalog is large so you will have to PM me. The catalog includes pricing for all labels I have available. If there's a label you are looking for but can't find it in the catalog, just let me know and I'll see what I can do. Details can be found in the first post.

Here's another sample to show some of what's available:

moreSamples.thumb.jpg.d07f7e39348a5c5157a4331767725c06.jpg

Again, PM me if interested.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 1:51 PM, ClassicGMR said:

If these are half the quality of the Overlay sets you've done these are going to be fabulous. :)

Thanks ClassicGMR! I put the same quality into the labels that I do with the Overlay (of course I'm a little biased ? ).

Many labels are only $2.00 per title (some more, a few less). If anyone is interested please just PM me for my current catalog (too large to post in a topic).

You can also leave a message in this topic and I will contact you via PM.

Absolute works of art.  Too bad the cartridges are not as precise.  The Parker Brother's cartridges have imperfections which make applying the labels frustrating.  They look awesome, and I even have a great label for my custom TI cartridge.

I had some really great advise on replacing the labels versus value.  With that help I concluded that anything rare or beyond probably should not have a repro label if trying to retain value for collecting purposes, but that for my own purposes, to display, play, and keep, not only would it make my personal collection look better, but anyone collecting for value will be happy to know I just knocked some carts out of the market.  I am not disappointed with the results and will be getting some more.

DSC00023.thumb.JPG.520ce9a92729bc583b0860616a41c481.JPG

• Like 4

On 5/22/2020 at 1:21 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Absolute works of art.  Too bad the cartridges are not as precise.  The Parker Brother's cartridges have imperfections which make applying the labels frustrating.  They look awesome, and I even have a great label for my custom TI cartridge.

I had some really great advise on replacing the labels versus value.  With that help I concluded that anything rare or beyond probably should not have a repro label if trying to retain value for collecting purposes, but that for my own purposes, to display, play, and keep, not only would it make my personal collection look better, but anyone collecting for value will be happy to know I just knocked some carts out of the market.  I am not disappointed with the results and will be getting some more.

I'm glad you like them.

If you guys want your carts to look as good as OLD CS1's be sure to PM me for my current Atari 2600 Replacement cart label catalog.

On 5/22/2020 at 1:21 AM, OLD CS1 said:

Do they have a notation of reproduction on them?   If not, wouldn’t anyone be able to get hard to find label variations where the game code doesn’t change and simply replace the label and rake in the $$$.  All the while destroying the collectors market.

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 5/1/2020 at 9:53 AM, pboland said:

Just PM me when you are ready.

BTW,

Here's another sample of my labels:

Sample2.thumb.jpg.d9c8b5d4c921760a985d3a75a500b4e4.jpg

Hello, I need a reproduction labels for Atari 2600 Parker brothers: Return of the Jedi and Popeye. Could you tell me if these are available? I am from Mexico , my email marcomoranch@hotmail.com , let me know. Thanks 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...