IGNORED

Super Pac Man Prototype Cart - Atari XE

I suspect this was produced by B&C Computervision; they sell a variety of reproduction protos, with labels that have varied over the years.

They currently sell Super Pacman on eBay: https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-PACMAN-Cartridge-800-XL-XE-Atari-New-1984-Rev/140966936261?hash=item20d248bec5:g:EsgAAOxywbNQ~X~k

That said, a dump of the EPROMs would permit comparison with the known versions, which are on the Atari Protos website: http://www.atariprotos.com/8bit/software/superpac/superpac.htm

Possibly - but the label is a worry.

Generally prototypes didn't advertise the fact.  The usual was no label, a handwritten one or a typed one.

And that AM2764-2DC is a non-windowed OTP Eprom.  I guess maybe they'd just use whatever was handy but for something under development it'd make more sense to use a reusable Eprom.

Just now, Mclaneinc said:

I suspect knowing that they are a money making company that their certificates are taken as an "in their opinion" type of stance..

I respect that, it's just the label really. It's the only other example of this label I can find anywhere at all. 

You know I wish you well and truly hope its a real proto and there's every chance it could be but just for security reasons its really odd for it to be so advertised with a fancy label if it was a still in progress game being coded, the last thing you want is your cart getting noticed and lifted, hence almost all from my limited knowledge of proto's show them to be unboxed or as Rybags says, with a hand written sticker on or a printed out code with a date and revision.

Edited by Mclaneinc
update..

42 minutes ago, Allan said:

This is the B & C cart. They have been reproducing these for decades. It's not a real prototype, just a copy of one.

Allan

Just shows how little those certificates are worth, I mean no disrespect to the owner, just point out the problem with them..

• Like 2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-PACMAN-Cartridge-800-XL-XE-Atari-New-1984-Rev-/140966936261

Mention in myatari's fleaBay auction there of a version with release date that scrolls and one that doesn't have it.

OK - Fandal's site has a fixed "final version" XEX with the scrolling text and Atarimania's one is a ROM with fixed location text.

Edited by Rybags
  • Like 1

VGA Grading is destroying the retro community with their outrageously bogus ratings. They have NO knowledge of the real retro scene, yet have somehow become the "experts". They are nothing but a for profit company that is destroying prices on retro software.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Best is now listing it for $16.00 - http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/xe_game.htm

Atari Super Pac Man.  The Second Sequel to the original Pac Man game.  1 or 2 players, 4 levels of play  (C, no instructions) Prototype.  This Prototype Atari Super Pac Man Game Cartridge was never officially released by Atari. CB101931 $16.00

1 hour ago, gilsaluki said:

Video 61 STILL sell those Super Pac-Man carts.  Not rare in the least.  Pretty fair game.

Shall we all together shout out load "Intellectual Property" and point fingers at video61?

SCNR

Edited by DjayBee
  • Like 1