IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Season 14 Rules Regs and Scoring

post-38373-0-58452400-1551452104_thumb.jpg

Season 14 Schedule:

Back on numerical track with Season 14! 

BASIC STRUCTURE OF THE JAGUAR HSC

• Rounds will last three weeks, starting and ending on Sundays.
  • New players are welcome to join at any point!
  • Only games with trackable scores will be played in the competition; Certain games that were a nuisance (like the scores appearing for only a split-second in Dino Dudes) have been left out completely.
  • Season 14 begins on 5/1/2020 and will last 12 rounds

PRIZES

TBD---We will see what we can come up with for this round.   

RULES FOR PLAYERS

• Deadlines are firm (the Sunday night a round ends). However, that's not to say you shouldn't still submit a score if you miss the deadline. If you submit an entry after the round is over, you will still receive ONE participation point (the same amount of points as the lowest scoring players in any given round). For special bonus rounds, no participation points will be handed out if scores are not submitted by the deadline--these rounds are intended only for those who are constantly active in the Jaguar HSC.
  • Any control method is fine. Custom Jag controllers (rotaries), Pro Controllers, and whatever else you can find are all fine. Anything goes as long as you're actually playing the game.
  • Emulators ARE allowed, however, compatibility is rough at best at this point in time so it may be more trouble than it's worth (trust me!). Also, be sure to follow these basic rules if you decide to use emulation as a means of participation:A.) No save states; B.) No system-enhancing features (framerate or graphic enhancements that can boost or smooth the framerate); C.) If you find a game that runs much smoother an an emulator than original hardware, either figure out how to turn the boosting off, or use real hardware.
  • Don't abuse bugs or farm points in any game. Abusing loopholes to get huge amounts of points without much work is unfair and against the rules
  • Since we try to go on good faith here, screenshots are not necessary. However, it is still recommended you take a snapshot to ease any sort of doubt anyone may have. This is especially true if you manage a ridiculous, unbelievable score that the average person isn't likely to attain. I personally prefer that the highest scoring players include screenshots, and I reserve the right to disqualify a high score if things seem sketchy to me.

THE SCORING SYSTEM

For this Season , the method of scoring will be as following

Player 1 scores 56,930;
Player 2 scores 48,900;
Player 3 scores 12,029;
Player 4 scores 8,002;

Player 5 scores 534;

Player 1 receives 10 points;
Player 2 receives 8 points;
Player 3 receives 6 points;
Player 4 receives 4 point;
Player 5 receives 2 point;
Player 6 receives 1 point; etc.

1 point for participation

TOP scoring players this season will not receive any extra points, as opposed to other season. With how the system is setup now, everything should even itself out throughout the course of the season.

THE SET SCHEDULE FOR SEASON 14

I tried to be fair this round, and HALF the games are retail releases, with three homebrew and three ST port selections.  If any of these games wind up "not working" for scoring reasons, we can substitute in another suggestion.  As always i'm open to game mode ideas and suggestions for each of these games, otherwise we will come up with them on the fly.  Games with a "2" next to them got multiple votes in the game selection thread for season 14.  Games will be played in this order so that you can get games you are missing in the ST Port/Homebrew category.   I am pretty sure ALL are readily available, in the AA Store, Songbird Productions, or through Piko Interactive.  I myself need to get Flip Out!  But let me know if one of these aren't available and we can adjust accordingly.  

Retail Games (6)

Ruiner Pinball

Atari Karts 2
Supercross 3D  
Power Drive R   2
Hoverstrike  
Flip Out   2

ST Ports (3)

Commando

Switchblade

Ghouls and Ghosts

Mr Heli    

Homebrew (3)    
Protector SE 2
Soccer Kid 2
HMS Raptor

GAME MODES FOR SEASON 12

To be determined at the beginning of each round.

Yes, as masematte says, the first levels are the same.  I think the CD version has some different levels later on but would need to check.

Re: steering, I think in the CD version you can turn the steering / inertia on and off reverting it back to the cart style controls in the options.  If we all played with the harder controls it would be pretty fair IMHO.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Rick Dangerous said:

Player 4?

THE SCORING SYSTEM

For this Season , the method of scoring will be as following

Player 1 scores 56,930;
Player 2 scores 48,900;
Player 3 scores 12,029;       
Player 5 scores 8,002;
   <-----------------    Should be 4
Player 6 scores 534;