IGNORED

What 9918 games do you wish could be ported to TI-99?

pixelpedant

There's a pretty large library of games with 9918 graphics (and often SN76489 sound) which have never gotten a TI-99 release.  Games for SG-1000/SC-3000, MSX1, Colecovision/ADAM, etc.  So generally Z80 based systems.  What games with ready-to-go 9918 graphics (and possibly SN76489 sound) do you wish could get a TI-99 port? 

7 hours ago, pixelpedant said:

For me, for example, Konami's Antarctic Adventure is one of these.  But I'm a big fan of games that pull off an "into the screen" motion/perspective illusion on limited hardware (Buck Rogers, etc.)

Did you ever see the sequel? That pulled off some seriously impressive graphics...

(Play is on an MSX2 but it is 9918A graphics - I've successfully run it in Classic99's Phoenix hack ;) )

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tursi said:

Did you ever see the sequel? That pulled off some seriously impressive graphics...

(Play is on an MSX2 but it is 9918A graphics - I've successfully run it in Classic99's Phoenix hack ;) )

I have been thinking about doing something similar by pre-recording a number of animation sequences and storing them on a large ROM cart.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2020 at 1:28 PM, pixelpedant said:

There's a pretty large library of games with 9918 graphics (and often SN76489 sound) which have never gotten a TI-99 release.  Games for SG-1000/SC-3000, MSX1, Colecovision/ADAM, etc.  So generally Z80 based systems.  What games with ready-to-go 9918 graphics (and possibly SN76489 sound) do you wish could get a TI-99 port? 

Door Door.  Someone did a ColecoVision port of it, I believe.  I can't find the video offhand.

Edit: Here it is: 

• Like 3

It would be good to find a copy of the Door Door program for the Pyuuta (and the tweaked version that runs on a Tomy Tutor). It seems that the only places that had it online are gone. . .the files were on sites made by @tanam1972. He is still here though, so he may be able to tell us more.