IGNORED

Definitive list of CV homebrews

Spector

Is there a site that gives a truly comprehensive list of all homebrew games released for the Colecovision? I know about cvaddict.com, but I find that site infuriating to use as every time I look at a game and go back to the main list, it resets my preferences and shows games in alphabetical order rather than the year they came out. I'm not sure it's definitive either. I just want to see if there's anything I've missed, whether the ROM is available etc etc. 

On 5/3/2020 at 2:40 PM, Serguei2 said:

This list should included homebrew games are released for free as well.

I didn't think there were many homebrew games released for free on the colecovision, at least not in the last ten years. 

2 hours ago, Spector said:

I didn't think there were many homebrew games released for free on the colecovision, at least not in the last ten years. 

Here they are.

Plants VS Zombies

Grail of the Gods

Coco and the evil robots

z80rogue

Space Venture

They are more. Just check on this forum.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Spector said:

There are 100s of homebrew games and demos that have been released for free. Checkout my CV Collectors List (last updated in 2015) and Ikrananka’s continuation of it that was updated earlier this year.

11 hours ago, NIAD said:

There are 100s of homebrew games and demos that have been released for free. Checkout my CV Collectors List (last updated in 2015) and Ikrananka’s continuation of it that was updated earlier this year.

As NIAD said, my v3.00 spreadsheet is up to date through to the end of 2019.  I also have a v3.01 update in progress that will include all of the new releases (including ROMs) that I'll be posting next month.

7 hours ago, Kiwi said:

If you look/do a search for Pixelboy's December 25 bulletins, you can find ROMS he release in those threads.

All of these ROMs are also listed in my spreadsheet above along with links to their source.  Here's an example filtered down to Team Pixelboy's 2019 releases:

TP.thumb.png.e07cbcd453e2a5de87f398285d6c6494.png

9 minutes ago, Ikrananka said:

I also have a v3.01 update in progress that will include all of the new releases (including ROMs) that I'll be posting next month.

Will 3.01 incorporate revisions beyond the scope of homebrew/fan creations? Is there a fixed date by which to submit edits, as I've a number of pending suggestions (as hinted in PMs to you)? Thanks.

8 hours ago, Ikrananka said:

As NIAD said, my v3.00 spreadsheet is up to date through to the end of 2019.  I also have a v3.01 update in progress that will include all of the new releases (including ROMs) that I'll be posting next month.

All of these ROMs are also listed in my spreadsheet above along with links to their source.  Here's an example filtered down to Team Pixelboy's 2019 releases:

TP.thumb.png.e07cbcd453e2a5de87f398285d6c6494.png

That is indeed pretty comprehensive. But does your spreadsheet denote whether games are "Super Game Module" releases? Because it can be a bit annoying seeing a game and thinking "wow I wonder how they do that on the CV" then realising it's a SGM game with different tech specs and you can't play it. 

55 minutes ago, Spector said:

That is indeed pretty comprehensive. But does your spreadsheet denote whether games are "Super Game Module" releases? Because it can be a bit annoying seeing a game and thinking "wow I wonder how they do that on the CV" then realising it's a SGM game with different tech specs and you can't play it. 

I do show that in the released Homebrew games sheet and differentiate if the SGM is optional (for enhanced effects) and between required for the CV and/or ADAM.

I still need to review the homebrew ROM releases and add details there as well, but this will simply be a duplication of the data from the released games.

• Thanks 1