IGNORED

Chip Shot Super Pro Golf Putting

While I am relatively new to this otherwise fine old-school golf game, I just wanted to say that I F%@#ing hate the putting interface of this game.

Just when I thought I had fully healed from the scars incurred from the putting on Leaderboard Executive for my Commodore 64 I am now haunted by this latest nightmare.  I just don't understand it.

Any thoughts, kind words or sealed bottles of Jameson sent my way would be appreciated.

Ted

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This topic caught my eye as I was skipping by it.

I had to pop in and comment that I started playing Chip Shot a lot and dislike the putting because it is so precise and hard that the amount of thought and practice,just exactly like in real life Golf,I dont have enough time and patience for.

If you do,and love real Golf this game should be for you.

I am going to now pull out my game booklet and attempt to get a better understanding of it!?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TeddyBear89 said:

While I am relatively new to this otherwise fine old-school golf game, I just wanted to say that I F%@#ing hate the putting interface of this game.

Just when I thought I had fully healed from the scars incurred from the putting on Leaderboard Executive for my Commodore 64 I am now haunted by this latest nightmare.  I just don't understand it.

Any thoughts, kind words or sealed bottles of Jameson sent my way would be appreciated.

Ted

I like the original PGA game better than Chip Shot. Not saying this is a bad game, but the putting is really annoying. I use to practice all the time and I could never get the hang of it. I used to get so pissed off when I would have a chance at eagle and end up four putting for a bogie.

Edited by poconojo
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, poconojo said:

I like the original PGA game better than Chip Shot. Not saying this is a bad game, but the putting is really annoying. I use to practice all the time and I could never get the hang of it. I used to get so pissed off when I would have a chance at eagle and end up four putting for a bogie.

Oh man,do I know the feeling! ?

• Like 2

Chip Shot golf had all the bells and whistles when it came to golf games. There were a bunch of 18 hole courses, a driving range, create your own 18 hole course, etc. In my opinion, the close up view of the green and the difficulty of putting ruined the experience for me. Besides those two things, i would say it was a perfect golf game for Intellivision. This is just my opinion though. I still play the game a lot, but PGA golf I never get tired of. I just wish PGA golf had 18 holes.

• Like 3

I tried fellas.   I really, really tried.

I am newer to video golf games - that Golden Tee Plug 'n Play STILL rocks my world for true golf fun.  This past winter I started Leaderboard Executive on my Commie 64 and fell in love with just how freaking amazing it is.  What a great game!

Fast forward to now....Chip Shot looks great, plays great until you have to putt.  Even after reading the manual, trying the practice option....it is just hostile.

Because of your good recommendations I did try PGA Golf.  Not bad, but it's simplified presentation made me long for Chip Shot on the Intellivision. 

I'm starting to think that Chip Shot needs to be ranked with Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey as an overrated INTV release.  Or maybe that's the Jamo talking ?

Either way on Chip Shot.....I quit. I quit.  I quit. I quit.

quit.jpg

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TeddyBear89 said:

I tried fellas.   I really, really tried.

I am newer to video golf games - that Golden Tee Plug 'n Play STILL rocks my world for true golf fun.  This past winter I started Leaderboard Executive on my Commie 64 and fell in love with just how freaking amazing it is.  What a great game!

Fast forward to now....Chip Shot looks great, plays great until you have to putt.  Even after reading the manual, trying the practice option....it is just hostile.

Because of your good recommendations I did try PGA Golf.  Not bad, but it's simplified presentation made me long for Chip Shot on the Intellivision. 

I'm starting to think that Chip Shot needs to be ranked with Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey as an overrated INTV release.  Or maybe that's the Jamo talking ?

Either way on Chip Shot.....I quit. I quit.  I quit. I quit.

quit.jpg

Man,thanks for backing it up that the putting sucks,I was worried I was just that horrible at it.

And thanks also for that Golden Tee plugnplay tip,I am going to look for that,I love a great Golf game!?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, wolfy62 said:

Man,thanks for backing it up that the putting sucks,I was worried I was just that horrible at it.

And thanks also for that Golden Tee plugnplay tip,I am going to look for that,I love a great Golf game!?

It wasn't just you. The putting kills the game for me. I love the game until I get on the green.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

?...I quit. I quit.  I quit. I quit.

quit.jpg

I was sad when I heard Adam Schlesinger died last month.  He was a great song writer.  Would have loved another Fountains of Wayne album, though it probably would have never happened for other reasons.  RIP ?

• Like 1

One of the problems with PGA Golf is the limited range of the putter.  If you were a certain distance from the hole you had no chance in getting there.  The putting distance is much longer in Chip Shot but in doing so they made it very difficult to keep shorter puts in line.  I have a feeling INTV Corp had little testing of their games

10 hours ago, TeddyBear89 said:

I'm starting to think that Chip Shot needs to be ranked with Slap Shot: Super Pro Hockey as an overrated INTV release.  Or maybe that's the Jamo talking

I didn't think many people liked Slap Shot to consider it overrated.  Of the remade and upgraded sports games by INTV, Mountain Madness is the only one I'd recommend.  World Championship Baseball (aka All Star MLB) is good but was done at Mattel/APh.  I think Spiker is good as well.

• Like 2

Yeah, it might have been the Jamo as I realize that few would consider Slap Shot an underrated title........

Wolfy62 - this is the Golden Tee version I highly recommend.  Unfortunately, I do believe they are out of production now.  Best played on a CRT, this plug n' play is video golf Heaven in my opinion.

Thanks to all for reading about my Chip Shot putting whining.

Jakks Pacific Golden Tee Golf Plug & Play TV Game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeddyBear89 said:

Yeah, it might have been the Jamo as I realize that few would consider Slap Shot an underrated title........

Wolfy62 - this is the Golden Tee version I highly recommend.  Unfortunately, I do believe they are out of production now.  Best played on a CRT, this plug n' play is video golf Heaven in my opinion.

Thanks to all for reading about my Chip Shot putting whining.

Jakks Pacific Golden Tee Golf Plug & Play TV Game

Man,I remember seeing that in stores years ago and now I wish I'd bought it.

I am going to scour Ebay,I am sure I can find it. Thanks again!?