IGNORED

Anyone have experience with dedicated Pong clones?

Specifically, the Rally IV by Roberts. I bought one recently, minus power supply - luckily it takes C batteries - but all that happens when I power it on is a black screen. I am using a CRT and it's set on the correct channel (ch 3 in this case).

Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately the best thing you could probably do is try a different TV. Or try manual scan if you can. Failing that try a USB tv to pc device as they tend to have the ability to scan all frequencies for all TV types. If that doesn't pick it up, it's definitely something internally. 

For my magnavox odyssey I had to try new batteries even though the first lot I tried were used once for something else. 

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm using brand new C batteries, with no results, and I will try it on another TV provided one of the others has a coax input.  I'll have to look up one of those USB TV to PC devices, as I don't have one currently.

Take the shell apart and clean the board with a toothbrush and isopropyl alcohol and visually check out the board looking for lifted up solder pads, cold joints (to much solder so they get dull instead of the normal shiny) and make sure any wires are soldered or connected to the board.  Usually when I end up with a pong system repair for the store it's a simple fix involving debris on the board/controller or a bad connection. Good luck