IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

What did you do to help create Goldeneye?
"I was director of development at Metro Goldwyn Mayer. That meant that I was responsible for all the interactive titles that used key company franchises, such as James Bond.  So, working with Nintendo, I was representing MGM as the key stakeholder in the game, ensuring that the Bond licence was properly used and managed as befitting such an amazing franchise. I was also involved in asking Rare to develop the title, as I considered them to be the top team in the world at that time. Additionally, having just come off development of Alien Vs Predator (the second only first person shooter in history) just before we started Goldeneye, I was able to get involved in gameplay design, AI, cinematic ideas and a whole host of other things. I had literally just finished a massively successful FPS with a movie licence as the programmer and joint designer so all those skills were able to be ported into the vision for Goldeneye. I spent a significant amount of time at the filming of the actual Bond movies to really get a feel of how a Bond game should be, which was fed back to the group. I really wanted a game that was cinematic, really special and fun!"

https://geektyrant.com/news/interview-007-goldeneyes-director-talks-about-what-it-was-like-developing-the-iconic-n64-game

Job for Karl... ?

7 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Little wonder, when it's night and day difference between the FAKE screens he provided and the ACTUAL in-game ones. 

Jane carried the faked screenshot mentality to the current day. In fact, the NDA project, while built in Unity, wasnt ever allowed to be shown as being built in Unity. There were a few screenshots and videos recorded right out of the engine that included Unity UI elements or splash screens, these made Jane pretty mad and at the time I never really understood why.

It later became obvious that Jane was trying to show the project as being built entirely in Athena (This iteration of Athena was pushed as a full game engine, not a magical rendering plugin or whatever its pushed as now), and seemed to have told the contractor that this was the case. So any screenshots or videos being sent to the contractor couldnt have anything shat showed it as a Unity game included.

And now look at the current Athena images. Completely fake too. Literally a Unity Asset pack you can download for like $10. The images are literally screenshots from the example scene provided in the asset pack. 

pasted%20image%200%20(7).png

And here it is in a standard build of Unity, no special tech or anything. I dont even exaggerate when I say this scene is provided like this (with the exception of a little bit of lighting I added)
image.thumb.png.e077af6bc210c4c0247fa26e570ee504.png

Many developers exaggerate or bloat up their projects to some degree when theyre showcasing, but this is just 1000% flat-out lies made to part people of their money. Theres not even a seed of truth around Janes Athena claims.

This isnt even the only time Jane did this. A previous version of Power Crystal used another asset pack with the claim that everything was built from scratch in 4 days with Athena. Its freaking insane what Jane tries to claim as truth.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The stupidest thing here is I wouldnt have even figured out this was an asset pack if Jane had just done as much as move the default camera around a little bit. I found the original asset pack by just reverse-image searching the 'built with athena' image on Google. Thats how easy it is to catch Jane out in lies.

Edited by ThatGuyMike
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

@Lost Dragoncan you say where is this court case held, so we can look it up?

Alien Vs Predator (the second only first person shooter in history)

This is just a very minor BS (compared to other claims), but as an FPS-fanatic I need to call it out too. AvP=1994, even the famous titles such as Wolfenstein, Spear Of Destiny & Doom add up to 3, and there were a few minor FPSs as well, such as Catacomb series.

Edited by youxia
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThatGuyMike said:

UK High Court (Im one of the defendants), unfortunately even with the case number there isnt much information available online aside from 'it exists and here are the involved parties'.

Thanks. Isn't there some sort of clause though, preventing discussing ongoing cases? (I have no idea)

Just now, youxia said:

Thanks. Isn't there some sort of clause though, preventing discussing ongoing cases? (I have no idea)

Honestly, not completely sure on that. Everything mentioned here though is basically public knowledge. Its all available online and isnt specific to the case. It just all happens to be extremely useful for the case. Certain details I wont share just because of any potential clauses around discussing more sensitive or unknown stuff.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Yak said:

Is there any confirmation at all that he worked on any 8-bit titles?

I've just ran "Andrew / Jane Whittaker" via all the biggest 8-bit gaming databases: Atarimania, Lemon/GB64, Spectrum Computing (ZXDB) and CPC-Power. They are really well researched and thorough. The only return I got was from ZXDB, where he's credited for a Your Sinclair type-in.

https://archive.org/details/Your_Sinclair_032/page/82/mode/1up?view=theater

As you can see he was already spinning the Flying Shark/Magnetron tall tale back then....

• Like 1

I suppose he was including Wolfenstein and omitting DOOM in his claim of being second ever FPS despite DOOM blatantly being out months before AvP. Or he's ignoring Wolfenstein and only counting DOOM. Or something like that.

It makes me vexed, the constant little lies and embellishments that he uses to big up his own achievements. You just want to yell at him to shut the fuck up and tell the damn truth for once, let AvP stand on its own merits, it doesn't need to be supported by a neverending piss-stream of weak, fake accolades from the guy who did some of the 68k programming on it.

Yeah I can find no 8-bit trace of him despite a good rummage, besides some magazine stuff. Makes you wonder how he walked into the job at Rebellion in the first place - was he even then claiming to have co-founded Graftgold and worked on 40 odd 8-bit titles? Wouldn't they have asked for proof?

• Like 10

3 hours ago, youxia said:

@Lost Dragoncan you say where is this court case held, so we can look it up?

Alien Vs Predator (the second only first person shooter in history)

This is just a very minor BS (compared to other claims), but as an FPS-fanatic I need to call it out too. AvP=1994, even the famous titles such as Wolfenstein, Spear Of Destiny & Doom add up to 3, and there were a few minor FPSs as well, such as Catacomb series.

As ThatGuy Mike has said, it's an ongoing legal case. 

Jane LOVES to try and scare people off from coming forward to counter claims he's made, by talking of being the victim of Hate Speech, reporting people to the police, taking legal action, which he has with the last 2. 

He's also got an ex-Chief Constable giving him a character reference, rather ironically said Chief Constable himself convicted of a speeding offence ?

The information i have shared, including details of birth certificates being found, records of Perceptions going bankrupt, has all come from Public Record offices. 

The personal testomonials from industry individuals, were either put on social media by themselves or permission given by them to be used to help prevent others being taken in by Jane. 

The legal sensitive stuff and more disturbing accounts of Jane, plus more testomonials again that can't be shared, i purposely deleted if I was made aware of them, as it's not informative I personally want. 

I'm purely here to warn people NOT to continue to give Jane a platform. 

Stop having him as a guest speaker on your podcast, YT channel or interviewed in your magazine, stop engaging and encouraging him on Twitter. 

He's taken credit for an awful lot of other people's work, uses the names of people sadly no longer with us and that has to be taken to task. 

Since so many of those who gave him a platform, a voice to further spread his lies have done absolutely nothing to make a mends, it's fallen on the nobodies like myself to do what little we can to educate others about Jane. 

This thread will help preserve the very material Jane is trying to delete from history. 

The BBC weren't really interested in my due diligence research into the false game claims, they wanted the more legally sensitive stuff. 

No dice. 

Not my fight. 

Whittaker did try and have my YT comments pulled, after calling me an a##hole, but that failed and just drove me further into proving he was a bullshitter of the highest order. 

He lied in publications I paid to read, he lied to people i respect (Andrew Rosa) and tried to lie to others i respect and who's platform i have supported (Luca, Unseen64) until he was outted. 

He brought this on himself and must now be prepared to pay the piper. 

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Yak said:

I suppose he was including Wolfenstein and omitting DOOM in his claim of being second ever FPS despite DOOM blatantly being out months before AvP. Or he's ignoring Wolfenstein and only counting DOOM. Or something like that.

It makes me vexed, the constant little lies and embellishments that he uses to big up his own achievements. You just want to yell at him to shut the fuck up and tell the damn truth for once, let AvP stand on its own merits, it doesn't need to be supported by a neverending piss-stream of weak, fake accolades from the guy who did some of the 68k programming on it.

Yeah I can find no 8-bit trace of him despite a good rummage, besides some magazine stuff. Makes you wonder how he walked into the job at Rebellion in the first place - was he even then claiming to have co-founded Graftgold and worked on 40 odd 8-bit titles? Wouldn't they have asked for proof?

He ironically did indeed WALK into Rebellion, apparently in the pouring rain, wearing no shoes or so the story goes ?

The trouble with getting credible info from Rebellion these days is Q's are screened by a P. R officer and the Kingsley'a won't talk about Whittaker. 

Factor in them themselves having made nonsense claims in interviews.. Coding Atari 400/800 Star Raiders ?

Giving different accounts of how they became Jaguar developers.. 

Claiming they came up with the 3 Seperate Species campaign idea for Jag AVP.. something Purple Hampton says was his idea and he can add credibility to said claim.. 

And they don't make for credible sources much of the time themselves. 

When he told the Ancedote about seeing YOU at Sunnyvale coding Tempest 2000 in one cubicle, he'd state John Carmack was in another, but he'd again forget what the lie was he was supposed to be telling, one account would have Carmack coding Jaguar Wolfenstein, the next would have Carmack coding Jaguar Doom ?

There's got to be a behavioral condition that prevents Jane from being able to appreciate the time and roles he had on projects.. 

He's got to be company founder, lead coder, mentored by, made V. P, designer of the hardware, cast as lead character.. 

The game was his, he was specifically hired/asked to write... due to his experience, skill set, film and games industry contacts. 

He was given total freedom, massive cash bonuses... 

The games were awarded the ultimate scores and lifetime awards... 

He put so much content in that had to be cut due to memory constraints, yet not even he can provide evidence of the cut content ?

As for Magnetron or as Whittaker says, a conversion of Magnetron... 

There were only 2 versions, The C64 conversion and the ZX Spectrum original. 

I've often wondered if we aren't in his Morpheus bullshit realm here, more than his Uridium bullshit, where he at least tried to pass off someone else's proof of concept Amiga conversion demo as his own. 

Magnetron Credits

2 people

Credits

Programming by Steve Turner
Music by Steve Turner

Graphics by

The ZX Spectrum originall

Andrew Braybrook, Steve Turner

Magnetron Credits

1 people

Credits

Programmed by Steve Turner (of Graftgold Ltd)
Music by Steve Turner
Graphics by Steve Turner
Edited by Lostdragon

4 hours ago, ThatGuyMike said:

The stupidest thing here is I wouldnt have even figured out this was an asset pack if Jane had just done as much as move the default camera around a little bit. I found the original asset pack by just reverse-image searching the 'built with athena' image on Google. Thats how easy it is to catch Jane out in lies.

I wouldn't even of bothered with him, if he hasn't pushed his bullshit so much when interviewed by Andrew Rosa. 

It was the talk about working with the late Mike Singleton and Jack Tramiel (he made an utter nonsense trying to give historical accounts of both) that really made my blood boil. 

You honestly wanted to name drop them both, just to boost your ego Jane and then fabricated the entire H. R GIGER Bullsh#t when all you did was 48 hrs playtesting? 

Good grief man. 

And to lie about being born a siamese twin???? 

Shame on you Jane.. 

Shame on the likes of Gamestm and Retrogamer Magazine Editors for not doing the most fundamental fact checking and then doing nothing to correct the lies when they were brought to their attention. 

Guttless the lot of them. 

Jane's supposed to of been involved in other legal disputes, but i am not privy to them, nor are they my concerns. 

It's what he's done to the communities i was part of, that brought him to my attention, just as Jason Kingsley, Martin Hooley, Jim Gregory, Jez San etc did when they lied. 

Jane hasn't been singled out by any means here. 

Edited by Lostdragon

The absolute depravity of some of Janes lies really made me rethink how monstrous someone can be while maintaining a friendly front. Literally wrapping themself up in societal shields that nobody dares to deal with for fear of being labelled some kind of monster themselves.

Its like if a mass shooter covered themselves in babies, but also pretended to be a baby (the most basic example I can think of right now). You cant shoot the babies to stop the shooter now, can you? Youd be a monster for shooting a baby covered in babies in the public eye.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Skip to around the 10 mins 30 seconds mark on this one:

Jane's Ancedote about then UK Prime Minister, Tony Blair'a Son, Euan, upstairs playing AVP and Goldeneye, whilst his dad had summits with George Bush and Barack Obama. 

Blair wasn't in power when Obama was ?

Blair left power in 2007

Obama gained power in 2009.

It's beyond pityful. 

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Yak said:

Reading that Wireframe article: if he was finishing off AvP why would they have been using *prototype* Jaguars? Hardware was well final and stable by then.

And again the "beers with Sam Tramiel" thing comes up. Does that mean Sam came over *twice*, once to spirit him away to work for Atari when he was 16, and again when he was toiling to finish off AvP?

It gets even more farcical ?

Skip to 7 mins 45 seconds here:

Jane gives an account of having to fly back to the UK from Sunnyvale halfway through AVP development, yet according to other ancedotes, this would of been the time he was at Disney, with the Tramiel spirts car and $20,000 cash in back pocket. 

He then flies back to Sunnyvale, all bandaged up, but then going off his ancedotes, flies back to the UK again to finish it, as Mike Beaton gets homesick. 

????????

• Haha 1

Thiese made for some curious reading:

Mindfield

Posted January 21, 2002

"About my only other claim to fame is being hired by Andrew Whittaker (Jaguar Aliens vs. Predator, with Rebellion Software) to write the music for his then-upcoming Jaguar RPG. Unfortunately the Jag crashed and burned and the project got canned before he actually needed my musical talents, so nothing ever came of it. I can at least take pride in the fact that out of 20 people elected for the job, which then got winnowed down to 3 to be sent to Electronic Arts (the publisher) for final judging, I got picked, with the only criticism being that I should work with more channels. (I only did MODs, which were 4 channel) Even more ironic was that the tunes I sent for consideration were 5 of the tunes I'd written for my at-the-time-upcoming game Mystic Tiles, which were not my usual large-file, big-sample tunes, but were written for their small size, and therefore used a lot of tiny (128-byte) waveform-generated sounds. Go figure..."

And:

Mindfield

Posted June 11, 2006

I've never been in a band, but I've written plenty of songs. I started out with 4-track MODs back in the day, and eventually migrated to 32-track XMs and, currently, softsynths/samplers like Fruity Loops and Native Instruments.

Anyway, back in the mid-90s I used to hang out in the #atari channel on IRC using my Atari ST (on which I wrote the aforementioned MODs). I was also writing a game that was to feature digital MOD music of my own composition. One of the regulars in the channel was one Andrew Whittaker, writer of Spectrum games like Quazitron and Magnetron, member of Rebellion Software in the 90s (during the time when they wrote Alien vs. Predator on the Jag) and, at the time I spoke to him, owner of his own company Perceptions, who were embrioled in a new RPG for the Jag. It eventually came up that they were going to be on the prowl for someone to do the music for the game, and I casually submitted that I thought that would be tremendously cool, me being into writing music on the computer and all. He invited me to submit some of my work, so I set up a temporary web page and posted the 5 tracks I'd written for my game so he could download and review them. They were all very small tunes, 80-150k apiece, being designed to fit, along with the game, on one 720k disk. But I thought they were some pretty good works, so figured they'd be ripe for the impromptu portfolio.

Now, I was only one of probably a few dozen who were also being considered. Andrew didn't have the final say though; ultimately, that went to Electronic Arts, who provided much of the game's financial backing and were to be its publishers. Andrew eventually submitted everyone's entries and EA reviewed and judged. Eventually, I made it into the top 3. Stoked and anxious, I waited for the final judgement to be passed, which took few weeks, and the word was passed: I was in like flynn. Woohoo! I rule! My music was going to be in a cool Jag RPG! Andrew advised me of the commissions I was to get on a per-song basis (which was quiet a packet for someone like me) but that I probably wouldn't be needed until close to the end of the dev cycle (which was estimated at the time to be some 6-8 months down the road), so that was perfectly fine with me. I could tinker and play and come up with some ideas in the interim.

Sadly, that was the most that ever came of it. The Jag, and Atari itself, died before I was needed, and the game died an ignominous death when EA pulled out of the Jag business, leaving Andrew and Perceptions in the lurch and me rather disappointed, but at least satisfied in the knowledge that -- hey, my stuff ain't half bad
"

So here we have an individual who Whittaker clearly blindsided by telling him he'd written both Magnetron and Quazitron for Graftgold, when in fact he hadn't touched either..

Jane is telling him Perceptions planned RPG is for the Atari Jaguar, not the 3DO M2 Console, which brings me straight back to my firm belief Power Crystal was indeed a rebranded Project Artemis from the brief Springer Spaniel days...

Jane promised the individual good rates of pay for his music, then blames Electronic Arts for pulling out of the Jaguar market as a reason for no longer requiring the individuals services.

E. A were never in the Jaguar business.

So no talk of game being 100% finished, receiving 100% scores in magazines.

No talk of Panasonic killing the M2 being to blame for game being canned.

No talk of it being on the M2 at all.

So now we have the games musician becoming the 4th Person who was working on content for the game, to detail Jane's Power Crystal claims as utter bulls#it and give even more evidence about just how many Graftgold titles he lied about working on.

From Golgotha to... Orlando ||| Interview By: Christian Svensson / | \ GEnie: EXPLORER.5 Internet: svensson@bucknell.com ---------------------------------------------------------------- The darkness of the metallic halls seemingly encroach further (as if that were physically possible), and your feelings of claustrophobia increase. Engine hissing and the distant screaming of aliens fill the corridors, giving yourself and all others present goosebumps. Suddenly, you react to the surprise clawing attack of an Alien - its attack cry as it jumps out at you, making your heart skip as you let loose with both shotgun and invectives. To whom do we owe this genuinely Giegeresque experience? Why, the people on the Alien vs. Predator development team at Rebellion and Atari of course. One of the key members of this team was Andrew Whittaker, whom I have recently had the pleasure of spending some time on the phone with. Much has happened to Andrew professionally since work on AvP initially began. Andrew got into the computer field working as a member of the Grafgold development team at Hossent Computers, then moved to the USB software company, then on to Commodore Computers doing hardware development. Finally, he wound up at Rebellion. Andrew started at Rebellion as one of the two programmers for AvP and was responsible for all the artificial intelligence (which took six months alone to develop) and much of the 3D engine used in the game. During the course of the project, Andrew left Rebellion in order to join the ranks of Atari's in-house programming staff. In my conversation with Andrew, I learned several interesting tidbits that others might like to know about the development of AvP. [] There can be over 3500 creatures in the game. [] Before all of the objects and creatures were placed,the 3D engine was running at about 50-60 frames per second. Due to the tracking and AI of all of these creatures (not all at once mind you) the engine slowed down to its present pace. Andrew was willing to sacrifice speed for more realistic (and devious) AI. [] Some people complained about the "cohabitation" of Aliens and Predators in the same room (or some other unbelievable combination). Well, Andrew had the AI so realistic, that in the Marine scenario, the Predators went around the levels killing most of the Aliens until they themselves were killed by the Marine - thus making that game considerably more easy. [] The ever present delays were due to the changing development systems. Because they started development before the kits were finalized, Rebellion would receive a "revised" development system on almost a weekly basis. This forced them to backtrack and redo certain parts of their earlier code from time to time. A few short months after Andrew left to join Atari, Atari UK made the somewhat surprising decision that they would no longer perform development in-house, but instead would contract the work out to third party developers. While this decision may be a wise move for Atari, it left little reason for in-house programmers like Andrew to stay on there.

Hmmnn....

" Commodore Computers doing hardware development."

A very vague claim and one Whittaker never talks about now..

Whittaker whilst keen to present himself as a key member of the AVP team, is only part of the Graftgold team, not a founder of Greas he'd claim years later..

Whittaker had nothing to do with the AVP engine, which itself is not a true 3D engine ?

Whittaker was willing to sacrifice the frame rate for more devious and realistic A. I? ?

Come on Jane, the Xenos line up behind doors, get stuck behind environmental objects, the pathfinding A. I is that poor.

Whittaker clearly happy to describe himself as  a Rebellion employee here and AVP a Rebellion product...

Contrasting with his statements here:

Pocket : Can you explain us what was you work, with Alien versus Predator at Rebellion and Atari ?
AW : Ok, well firstly, I worked for atari and not rebellion and atari hired me to work with Rebellion on the product.

The game was delayed due to ever changing dev kits was it jane? ?

Or was it due to you being in hospital?

Pocket : What was Atari's power of decision ? Could you really do what you wanted with the game ?
AW : Atari and Sam Tramiel especially were very supportive, they let me make the game I wanted to make. I even used the Atari office at night to practice Ai strategies, by using Atari staff as aliens and me as the player and trying different ideas in their building with real people.

Pocket : You had all the time you wanted to finish the game ?
AW : Oh yes, even though it was delayed due to me spending some time in hospital

You'd think such an ego driven individual would at least stick to copy and paste answers when taking part in interviews. 

20 hours ago, Yak said:

Is there any confirmation at all that he worked on any 8-bit titles? To hear him talk about it he ought to have code in a great slew of titles across the Speccy and C64 but I've never seen a genuine example of an 8-bit game he was actually involved in. I'd be genuinely interested to see one.

ANDREW : No, I did games for the Spectrum, Commodore 64 and  Amstrad computers
 as  part  of a  team. We  had  major  successes  on those  machines. My  first
 involvement with Atari was with the release of the Atari ST. I remember we had
 one delivered into  the  office  on  the  first  day  they  were  available to
 developers. I suddenly found myself having to learn 68000 and (for that day) a
 complex  operating  system. I  loved  the  machine  and  never  looked back. I
 continued with the 68000 working with both the ST and Commodore Amiga for some
 time in the transition days to 16 bit computing.

ANDREW : No not my first by any  means, the team I belonged to at the start of
my career was Graftgold and we  had  developed a  number of ST  games including
Ranarama and  Rainbow Islands to  name but two. AvP was  certainly my favourite
project for the Atari and  favourite  project that I  have ever  done. I made a
great deal of friends on that  project and loved the  material that I was given
to  work with. It was  ultimately  due to  the demise  of Atari  my  last Atari
project but at the time of course, I never  realised that would be the case and
I had no idea this would be my only forray into working with the Jaguar console
which I enjoyed very much.

His bullsh#t claims about working on misc 8-bit titles and external titles for Atari (listen to the Haptic interview on YT) are just part of the general lying he does about working at Graftgold. 

He's changed his tune rapidly since the claims of doing over 30 titles for them, have been utterly destroyed. 

On the Haptic video, he now states he was only there for a short time, he wasn't there very long. 

Edited by Lostdragon

35 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Mindfield

Posted June 11, 2006

I've never been in a band, but I've written plenty of songs. I started out with 4-track MODs back in the day, and eventually migrated to 32-track XMs and, currently, softsynths/samplers like Fruity Loops and Native Instruments.

Anyway, back in the mid-90s I used to hang out in the #atari channel on IRC using my Atari ST (on which I wrote the aforementioned MODs). I was also writing a game that was to feature digital MOD music of my own composition. One of the regulars in the channel was one Andrew Whittaker, writer of Spectrum games like Quazitron and Magnetron, member of Rebellion Software in the 90s (during the time when they wrote Alien vs. Predator on the Jag) and, at the time I spoke to him, owner of his own company Perceptions, who were embrioled in a new RPG for the Jag. It eventually came up that they were going to be on the prowl for someone to do the music for the game, and I casually submitted that I thought that would be tremendously cool, me being into writing music on the computer and all. He invited me to submit some of my work, so I set up a temporary web page and posted the 5 tracks I'd written for my game so he could download and review them. They were all very small tunes, 80-150k apiece, being designed to fit, along with the game, on one 720k disk. But I thought they were some pretty good works, so figured they'd be ripe for the impromptu portfolio.

Now, I was only one of probably a few dozen who were also being considered. Andrew didn't have the final say though; ultimately, that went to Electronic Arts, who provided much of the game's financial backing and were to be its publishers. Andrew eventually submitted everyone's entries and EA reviewed and judged. Eventually, I made it into the top 3. Stoked and anxious, I waited for the final judgement to be passed, which took few weeks, and the word was passed: I was in like flynn. Woohoo! I rule! My music was going to be in a cool Jag RPG! Andrew advised me of the commissions I was to get on a per-song basis (which was quiet a packet for someone like me) but that I probably wouldn't be needed until close to the end of the dev cycle (which was estimated at the time to be some 6-8 months down the road), so that was perfectly fine with me. I could tinker and play and come up with some ideas in the interim.

Sadly, that was the most that ever came of it. The Jag, and Atari itself, died before I was needed, and the game died an ignominous death when EA pulled out of the Jag business, leaving Andrew and Perceptions in the lurch and me rather disappointed, but at least satisfied in the knowledge that -- hey, my stuff ain't half bad
"

Funilly enough, this is quite similar to how Jane still does things. Pretends there are big backers on a project, dangles a bonus and promotion in front of you, drops a bunch of names etc.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DavidD said:

...but was it the Peruvian or the UK Disneyland?

?

Meant Disneyland, phone auto correct. 

Whereever it was, Jane must of been quite a sight. 

Arriving in a brand new sports car, back pocket bulging with between $20, 000and $40,000 in cash that Sam Tramiel had given him. 

A massive brick mobile phone... 

Bandaged head to toe after having just come back from spinal surgery, plus major burns and a tumor. 

Here was Atari rushing things like Checkered Flag, Club Drive etc out the door just to get product on the shelf, but the walking wounded thst was Jane at the time, given the time and resources to go off on a proper Jolly. 

See the sights Jane you'll be talking about this for years to come... 

And how right Sam was.. ????