IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

14 minutes ago, ThatGuyMike said:

What is hilarious to me, personally, is that there was a time Jane was publicly boasting about being involved in just about anything big. Always tweeting about directing or leading some such projects that went on to be worldwide successes or tech innovations. 

Then when a handful of veteran devs called them out on Twitter, it all reverted to just AvP. When Jane realised that the internet has people on it, they scaled down their boasts to the only thing of note they ever accomplished. A 30 year old achievement, with nothing since.

One success in a career of lies. 

He will still occasionally name drop this misc A. I work on The Sims, Goldeneye still crops up, as does his role on the third attempt to do something with M. I. S. T/The Indestructibles. 

But yep, gone is the talk of Dungeon Keeper II, Midwinter, Dark Seed, World Of Warcraft, 30+ titles at Graftgold. 

He's actively trying to pull Press Previews of Power Crystal 

His time at Graftgold, which once was used to imply he worked with Firebird under the Microprose banner and thus was head hunted by Wild Bill Stealey and Sid Mier to write games for them, has now been changed by Jane to working on unspecified Amiga Flight Sims, this claim itself an utter lie. 

His last fumbling attempt at being relevant was talk of being involved with the CDTV... 

9 mins 25 secs, Jane invited to see it behind closed doors jane 30 titles under his belt, best known for AVP, Jane ahem, advised on a lot of Flight Sims for MicroProse on the ST and Amiga, but no Graftgold, Cyberdreams, Goldeneye, The Sims, Bullfrog talk when detailing his past 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 2:32 PM, Yak said:

Yeah I can find no 8-bit trace of him despite a good rummage, besides some magazine stuff. Makes you wonder how he walked into the job at Rebellion in the first place - was he even then claiming to have co-founded Graftgold and worked on 40 odd 8-bit titles? Wouldn't they have asked for proof?

It is very curious how he landed the job. Whittaker's interview in GamePro June '94 has him as author of a bunch of Amiga Graftgold games, Rainbow Islands, plus Darkseed and Midwinter 3. Presumably the Amiga focus to show deep experience with 68k.

Presumably also the peeps at Rebellion saw this article at the time.

This would be earlyish on in his tenure at Rebellion?

GamePro 59 0.jpg

GamePro 59 1.jpg

• Like 1

So in that article he says he's 26, in 1994. And Sam came to collect him from his boring UK life at age 16, so he must have joined Atari before the ST even came out. So how could he have to get one of the first available STs in the UK when he was already living and working in California? How did he also join Rebellion to work on AvP? And why do they seem to be mixing him up with Andy Braybrook who actually did work on those Graftgold games?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

It is very curious how he landed the job. Whittaker's interview in GamePro June '94 has him as author of a bunch of Amiga Graftgold games, Rainbow Islands, plus Darkseed and Midwinter 3. Presumably the Amiga focus to show deep experience with 68k.

GamePro 59 0.jpg

GamePro 59 1.jpg

Jason Kingsley via the Making Of AVP article in EDGE and later online interviews talking about Rebellion company history, has made no secret of the fact they went through a number of staff in a short period of time, stating factors such as not fitting in/wanting to be team players, not being upto the job etc. 

Maybe it was a simple case of Rebellion found themselves needing to do an unforeseen expansion or expanding quicker than planned, as they were juggling multiple projects (C. F, AVP, Skyhammer and Legions Of The Undead) and Whittaker was simply available?. 

I doubt you'd ever get a definitive answer, both parties, Kingsley and Whittaker massage the truth and it's obvious from comments on the newsgroups at the time (Whittaker talking of Kingsley and his crowd) and interviews (Whittaker trying to claim AVP was an Atari product Atari hired him, he was an Atari employee, not Rebellion one), his time at Rebellion is something both would rather forget.

The GamePro Article was first time I think i saw him credited as part of the AVP team, he wasn't in the early AVP Previews and features on Rebellion. In the UK press until the game was much further along. 

I'll double check, he's not in ST Format issue 58,Andy Nuttall talking with Rebellion, Jason Kingsley doing the talking. 

Team photo is:

Justin Ray, Mike Beaton, Stuart Wilson, Jason Kingsley and Toby Harrison-Banfield. 

He was incorrectly credited by Commodore User Magazine as Dark Seed CODER for the Amiga version, piss poor research on their part and threw a spanner into the due diligence research at the time, as he'd been swaggering around lying about doing the Graphics for the Amiga version, whilst in the USA. 

He appeared in the Maelstrom team photo in The One magazine, maybe that and his brief spell in the UK ZX Spectrum Press over Flying Shark helped blindside Rebellion? 

On paper claiming involvement on many Graftgold titles, work with Cyberdreams, name drop Giger as a personal friend, lay it on real thick with the living with the Tramiel family whilst in USA, suddenly you've got your idea man. 

It's only once you start seeing the absolute clusterf#ck of his code and watch your games framerate die on it's ass, you realize what a mistake you've made. 

When news broke he was going to the USA with Beaton, Rebellion must of thought their prayers had been answered ?

20210821_183751.jpg

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yak said:

So in that article he says he's 26, in 1994. And Sam came to collect him from his boring UK life at age 16, so he must have joined Atari before the ST even came out. So how could he have to get one of the first available STs in the UK when he was already living and working in California? How did he also join Rebellion to work on AvP? And why do they seem to be mixing him up with Andy Braybrook who actually did work on those Graftgold games?

DOES NOT COMPUTE

Think Steve Bak said he drove to Atari UK to get his hands on one of the very first machines, after previously doing 68000 code on the Sinclair QL 

Edit:Found the news snippet I was after, first STs snapped up by UK houses

June 1985

Also found the Microprose /Firebird Press. 

The buyout, MicroProse dropping Firebird, the Siverbird label whittaker was ignorant of.. 

As for the Andrew Braybrook confusion, Jer Horwitz, took everything Whittaker told him at face value, did zero background checking, next thing you know, it's all in US Press as FACT. 

20210821_185754.jpg

20210821_185847.jpg

20210821_185904.jpg

20210821_190141.jpg

20210821_190437.jpg

20210821_190424.jpg

20210821_190624.jpg

20210821_190836.jpg

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

GamePro 59 0.jpg

GamePro 59 1.jpg

Whittaker not at Rebellion here either.. 

Kingsley giving it large about PC Eye Of The Storm landing Rebellion the Jaguar gig, later changed to Dragons Vs Viking Longboat demo, then finally changed to both. 

Plus lying about coding A8 Star Raiders. 

ATD detailing how they were involved by Atari to debug chipset and provide software, not Jane Whittaker. 

Jane can have as much Power Crystal press pulled as he likes, he can't hide any of the press appearing here. 

20210821_192812.thumb.jpg.0fa531560141f64a4dcf199f345dae52.jpg

20210821_192759.jpg

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

13 mins into this one, Whittaker talks of being at Graftgold, who's original publisher was Firebird. 

WRONG... 

From the Graftgold Wiki:

Much of Graftgold's early success came about through their association with Hewson Consultants. Formed by Andrew Hewson in the early 1980s, Hewson Consultants became one of the UK's most successful computer game publishers. 

Whittaker then goes onto explain Firebird was bought by MicroProse, name dropping Wild Bill Stealey and Sid Mier, again, wrong Firebird not bought by MicroProse until 4 years after being founded. 

Whittaker name drops David Braben and Elite.. 

Next Whittaker is asked to go to America to work on various internal and external projects for Atari.. 

Cue him going straight into talking about Dark Seed and H. R GIGER a title that never appeared on ANY Atari format. 

Whittaker's own body language gives him away he can't keep his eyes focused when lying. 

• Like 1

I was one of the ones making a visit to Atari UK in Slough to pick up a new ST too! In fact Atari's willingness to get machines into the hands of us games devs, compared to Commodore being decidedly aloof about getting us Amigas, is one of the things that led to my being much more predisposed to the ST rather than the Amiga in the 16 bit days.

And Jason Kingsley with his face hanging out claiming to have written Star Raiders on the A8? What the actual fuck? What is it with these people and trying to steal other coders' glory? I'd've thought even back then most people would've known that SR was Doug Neubauer's creation but apparently not!

I honestly can't imagine the state of mind someone must have to try to claim credit for another's work like that, especially something as utterly classic as A8 Star Raiders. It'd be like me trying to claim I wrote Robotron or something. Jesus.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yak said:

I was one of the ones making a visit to Atari UK in Slough to pick up a new ST too! In fact Atari's willingness to get machines into the hands of us games devs, compared to Commodore being decidedly aloof about getting us Amigas, is one of the things that led to my being much more predisposed to the ST rather than the Amiga in the 16 bit days.

And Jason Kingsley with his face hanging out claiming to have written Star Raiders on the A8? What the actual fuck? What is it with these people and trying to steal other coders' glory? I'd've thought even back then most people would've known that SR was Doug Neubauer's creation but apparently not!

I honestly can't imagine the state of mind someone must have to try to claim credit for another's work like that, especially something as utterly classic as A8 Star Raiders. It'd be like me trying to claim I wrote Robotron or something. Jesus.

He's also tried taking credit for the 3 Seperate Species campaigns in Jaguar AVP.. 

@around 8 mins, Purple states AVP LYNX set them in motion,you could play the human marine, the Predator, but not the Alien for some reason. 14 mins, Mike Beaton described as main coder, Whittaker the A. I coder, 19 mins, Purple states Mike Beaton stayed in Sunnyvale for pretty much 3 months solid.

22 mins, Rebellion got game to Alpha stage you could only play as the Marine, Rebellion ready to move on from AVP.. 

Will see if I have the Kingsley interview on file. 

Unreal though isn't it? 

Kingsley would of been how old when Star Raiders was coded? 

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MrUnwondering said:

GamePro 59 0.jpg

GamePro 59 1.jpg

Edge Jan 94 Whittaker on Rebellion team

Earliest for that magazine. 

C+VG crediting him being with Rebellion. 

Martin Hollis detailing how RARE got N64 Goldeneye, nothing to do with Jane recommending them to Nintendo 

20210821_214716.jpg

20210821_214900.jpg

20210821_215038.jpg

20210821_215008.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yak said:

DOES NOT COMPUTE

He was born 12th October 1967.

He's off by a year with his turning 16 whisked away to Atari Sunnyvale by Sam and Jack in 1984 story, fresh off the operating table.

But then he's back over in UK again 1988, with no mention of being youngest ever VP of Atari to Sinclair User in 1988.

SinclairUser 78 September 1988.jpg

Probably earliest sock refrence.

YourSinclair 32 August 1988.jpg

Edited by MrUnwondering
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here we go. 

Misc background press to how Midwinter came about, 100% Chinese Restaurant free.. 

Jason Kingsley again claiming he worked for Atari, before Rebellion set up.. 

The 3 species campaign idea in Jaguar AVP was and I quote, specifically HIS and his Brother Chris's idea. 

In complete contrast to account Purple gives with them simply expanding on what Lynx AVP had started. 

Suddenly Eye Of The Storm and Viking/Dragons tech demo got them a Jag development license prior to this it was one or the other.. 

Now do you see why getting the full AVP story is so difficult? 

Kingsley bullshits about his side, almost as much as Whittaker does about his. 

Retrogamer Magazine did sweet F. A fact checking on Kingsley or Whittaker. 

20210821_224408.jpg

20210821_224402.jpg

20210821_224446.jpg

20210821_224434.jpg

20210821_224423.jpg

20210821_224413.jpg

20210821_225118.jpg

20210821_225111.jpg

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

He will still occasionally name drop this misc A. I work on The Sims, Goldeneye still crops up, as does his role on the third attempt to do something with M. I. S. T/The Indestructibles. 

But yep, gone is the talk of Dungeon Keeper II, Midwinter, Dark Seed, World Of Warcraft, 30+ titles at Graftgold. 

He's actively trying to pull Press Previews of Power Crystal 

Are you talking about this press preview of Power Crystal?  This one is from Next Generation, but I also have the Edge version.

I've been following the saga of Andrew/Jane Whittaker on here for while and I keep seeing you mention the Power Crystal promos being pulled.  It actually prompted me to join this forum, I can't stand it when bullshitters like Whittaker get away with lying for so long.

You also mentioned a letter that was published in Edge about this game, I have the issue with me and can scan and upload it if it will help.

NEXT_29_page_00072.jpg    NEXT_29_page_00073.thumb.jpg.ac505b3957328c7bfebf2c094fb9d35c.jpgNEXT_29_page_00074.thumb.jpg.8414dadb447f57d6f1a2d69e2da06733.jpgNEXT_29_page_00075.thumb.jpg.01b599efb942fc050e02ca4d3897eebe.jpg

Edited by Stu11
Add image
  • Thanks 3

We continue. 

A really, really dumb move by Jane to claim being at Firebird when it was owned by MicroProse and coding ST Amiga Rainbow Islands. 

Firebird famously LOST the publishing rights to it, going to Ocean instead, originall Firebird box art and story, one Jane has zero knowledge of. 

The original M. I. S. T aka The Indestructibles before Jane joined Bullfrog, plus Bullfrog team photos during Dungeon Keeper II Era, after Peter Molyneux had left, but Jane had yet to join. 

Big Cyberdreams feature, more on how they worked with Giger, who visited him, more proof Jane wasn't with them in any shape or form. 

The ACTUAL Midwinter Team, staff photo etc, Whittaker free.. 

The ACTUAL UK team MicroProse had doing ST and Amiga Flight Sims.. 

If your going to lie Jane, you should of done your research and got your stories straight. 

The Press coverage alone condems you.. 

IMG_5445.JPG

IMG_5649.JPG

IMG_5648.JPG

20210822_054047.jpg

IMG_5651.JPG

IMG_5441.JPG

IMG_5650.JPG

IMG_5439.JPG

20210822_053759.jpg

20210822_053747.jpg

20210822_054039.jpg

IMG_5647.JPG

IMG_5652.JPG

20210822_055825.jpg

20210822_055817.jpg

20210822_055836.jpg

20210822_055831.jpg

IMG_5978.JPG

IMG_5979.JPG

IMG_8984.JPG

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

Oh look, Andrew Seed of Imagitec Design joins Jeff Minter, Peter Wiseman of HMS, people from Eclipse, Mike Beaton etc as being at Sunnyvale Jane:

" Jaguar Zool 2 ( converted by Trevor) was written in the same room as DinoDudes and Raiden. At the start Trev did the Falcon (and later the Jaguar ) Mod player whilst Freddy ( Raiden) and myself completed the work on Space Junk demo for the Falcon. We got the Jag devkits and assigned our own games. Trev got the amiga code graphics etc from Gremlin Interactive. I got the Humans code and graphics for the Amiga and accesc to the map editor and image tools which Imagitec had created. Freddy had the hardest task - maps and graphics had to be captured from the Arcade machine and no source code to the game. He had to create it all himself.

We all focused on doing our own games so we never go got to play each others and the last couple of months I was working at Atari HQ in Sunnyvale so we could split the time their QA time on the games."

And oh my, Andrew Braybrook details ALL the people who worked on Rainbow Islands at Graftgold :

Conversion to Home Computers

In 1989 Graftgold were invited to convert this game to 5 home computer formats: Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum, Amstrad CPC, Atari ST and Commodore Amiga. Telecomsoft had bought the conversion rights, at least for the UK, maybe more. At that time there were 7 of us and we had an office above a fruit and veg store, with very uneven floors, and an iron staircase for access.

We agreed to do the job, for a fixed sum, based on getting the arcade machine and source graphics and documentation from Taito. The job, we reckoned, would take about 9 months and milestones were assigned, based on our knowledge of the game and that it showed 7 islands on the start screen.

First Problem

Remembering that we had a first floor office and an iron staircase at the back, more of a fire escape really, we first had to get the arcade machine up those stairs. That took all of us dragging this monster upright arcade cabinet up the stairs rather slowly, and likely quite dangerously. These cabinets are made of 3/4" chipboard, and contain all of the workings of an old CRT TV, and more. The jammer board is the size of a PC mo-bo.

5 Skus

This game took the whole team:
John Cumming took charge of the maps and graphics,
Gary Foreman did the C64 version,
David O'Connor did the ZX Spectrum and Amstrad CPC versions,
Jason Page did the 16-bit and C64 sounds,
Steve Turner did the management and the Z80 8-bit sounds,
Dominic Robinson did the technical design and support,
I did the 16-bit versions.

http://uridiumauthor.blogspot.com/2018/03/rainbow-islands.html

Not such a big thing, being at Sunnyvale.. 

And how do the UK courts view plagiarism, lying with intent to deliberately mislead? 

•  

page_33.jpg

Screenshot_20210822-065842.png

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

We continue. 

I really appreciate all your digging, but I'd suggest making one concise post (or better yet page on some website), in a simple "JW's claim - rebuttal +link to source" format. Otherwise it's all becoming a bit too much. Few people outside of Atari Age regulars will be willing to wade through such a long thread and read all these info dumps, and it might give a wrong impression too.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, youxia said:

I really appreciate all your digging, but I'd suggest making one concise post (or better yet page on some website), in a simple "JW's claim - rebuttal +link to source" format. Otherwise it's all becoming a bit too much. Few people outside of Atari Age regulars will be willing to wade through such a long thread and read all these info dumps, and it might give a wrong impression too.

There are websites detailing everything out there already, plus a couple of dedicated Twitter feeds by others. 

Andrew Rosa did a dedicated follow up exposure video, which Jane had blocked in the UK. 

Jane tried to have my comments pulled from Andrew's videos, Haptic block comments that expose Jane on that video interview. 

For too long Jane has been allowed to use social media to suit his agenda and claim Hate Speech as a means of stopping people from coming forward. 

A lot of the press scans highlight just how many industry individuals work Jane has taken credit for. 

People ignored the warnings, ignored the evidence , such as the Andrew Rosa videos comments on the 2 interview videos he did with Whittaker also by tweets by Steve Turner etc...

They went straight ahead and had Jane as a guest on their podcasts, YT Channel. 

I've t put up material related to points Jeff and others raised about Whittaker and Kingsley taking credit for others work. 

I would wager most people outside of the UK have no concept of what Bullfrog's Indestructibles actually was, thus Jane gets to make it out as it best suits him. 

People don't bother with forums, period in the numbers they once did, it's all FB, TWITTER and YT these days, so i don't think many will see this thread period. 

Jeff Minter posting has been the main draw for many i suspect and it's been simply fantastic engaging with him. 

Jane can hardly claim victim status when Jason Kingsley has been given the very same treatment. 

As  discussed earlier, the main reason for putting the Press coverage up, is due to Jane now actively seeking out sites like Archive. Org and having content pulled from public view. 

Jane stated on his interview that if people didn't believe him, his game claims simply sounded too outrageous, they should simply go and find the press coverage it was all out there. 

Well here it is Jane and here it will stay. 

All his fake game claims have now been covered and people can decide for themselves who's telling true. 

It's now entirely upto Jane to explain why he's never featured in the credits or staff photos for games he claims involvement in, for Jason to justify why we should believe he coded Star Raiders and how he came up with the 3 species campaign for Jaguar AVP. 

Why so many from the industry are now speaking out.. 

Jane was initially only mentioned in this thread as Arcade Attack were looking to interview him, Jeff kindly came forward, as did others and gave testimony about Jane. 

With that and what's been showcased here hopefully a few others will think twice before using Jane as a guest. 

The bottom line is.. Over the course of his career, Jane used the Press to establish himself within both the industry and the community, it's only fitting the very same press is used to expose the sheer extent of his lies and showcase he is sadly far from the only individual to carry out such practices. 

He was nothing special during the Atari Jaguar era and certainly even less both before and after it. 

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Stu11 said:

Are you talking about this press preview of Power Crystal?  This one is from Next Generation, but I also have the Edge version.

I've been following the saga of Andrew/Jane Whittaker on here for while and I keep seeing you mention the Power Crystal promos being pulled.  It actually prompted me to join this forum, I can't stand it when bullshitters like Whittaker get away with lying for so long.

You also mentioned a letter that was published in Edge about this game, I have the issue with me and can scan and upload it if it will help.

NEXT_29_page_00072.jpg    NEXT_29_page_00073.thumb.jpg.ac505b3957328c7bfebf2c094fb9d35c.jpgNEXT_29_page_00074.thumb.jpg.8414dadb447f57d6f1a2d69e2da06733.jpgNEXT_29_page_00075.thumb.jpg.01b599efb942fc050e02ca4d3897eebe.jpg

I apologize for the delayed reply, I only just got the notification. 

This is indeed the very issue of Next Generation magazine, no longer available on Archive. Org, cannot thank you enough for uploading it. 

If you could do the same with the Edge magazine Preview and letters page, that'd be brilliant. 

My story is quite simple, i have been collecting press clippings for years, to assist sites like AVP Galaxy, Unseen64, Core Design, GTW etc, let alone here.

You'll find misc Press from me littered all over the site. 

I was initially taken in by Jane Whittaker, used him as a credible source on AVP, but once the press started building up, red flags appeared and once you looked deeper, it became obvious he'd played so many. 

I haven't done a YT video on Jane, written an article, set up a FB Page or Twitter account to expose him, I've put comments up on here, Andrew Rosa video and some warnings on AVP Galaxy and Unseen64. 

I was a paying customer of Edge, Retrogamer and Gamestm magazines, I paid to read Jane lie. 

I was and still are, an active supporter of Andrew Rosa Mastercast TV YT channel. 

Jane played him, Jane attempted to play my friend Luca over at Unseen64. 

You don't do that and expect nobody to pull you up on it. 

Jane's had the same degree of exposure from myself that Jason Kingsley of Rebellion, Martin Hooley of Imagitec Design, Jez San of Argonaut, Jim Gregory of Handmade Software and probably a few others along the way have had. 

If you've used an interview to lie, to rewrite history, to take credit for the work of others, if you have no issues using the dead to gain credibility, chances are i have covered it and given people the materials so they can judge for themselves. 

You worked in the games industry, but that doesn't make you above scrutiny and the same goes for those who have a paid career in Journalism, be it a magazine or website article. 

If you took claims at face value, never fact checked, never looked for additional sources and never printed a correction once errors were brought to light.. 

If you now block comments, refuse to pull or issue statements on online articles which continue to give Jane undeserved credibility, you shouldn't be surprised to be joining Jane in the spotlight. 

I think the Press side of it can be put to bed once the Edge coverage is added, i myself have no more to add. 

But I didn't join here or visit any other site, just to target Jane, Jane put himself into those areas and Jane took advantage of people's good and trusting nature. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

This is is indeed the very issue of Next Generation magazine, no longer available on Archive. Org, cannot thank you enough for uploading it. 

I have a physical copy of every issue of Next Generation magazine. PM me is you need anything out of them.

Edited by rayik
Fixed spelling
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

I apologize for the delayed reply, I only just got the notification. 

This is indeed the very issue of Next Generation magazine, no longer available on Archive. Org, cannot thank you enough for uploading it. 

If you could do the same with the Edge magazine Preview and letters page, that'd be brilliant. 

My story is quite simple, i have been collecting press clippings for years, to assist sites like AVP Galaxy, Unseen64, Core Design, GTW etc, let alone here.

You'll find misc Press from me littered all over the site. 

I was initially taken in by Jane Whittaker, used him as a credible source on AVP, but once the press started building up, red flags appeared and once you looked deeper, it became obvious he'd played so many. 

I haven't done a YT video on Jane, written an article, set up a FB Page or Twitter account to expose him, I've put comments up on here, Andrew Rosa video and some warnings on AVP Galaxy and Unseen64. 

I was a paying customer of Edge, Retrogamer and Gamestm magazines, I paid to read Jane lie. 

I was and still are, an active supporter of Andrew Rosa Mastercast TV YT channel. 

Jane played him, Jane attempted to play my friend Luca over at Unseen64. 

You don't do that and expect nobody to pull you up on it. 

Jane's had the same degree of exposure from myself that Jason Kingsley of Rebellion, Martin Hooley of Imagitec Design, Jez San of Argonaut, Jim Gregory of Handmade Software and probably a few others along the way have had. 

If you've used an interview to lie, to rewrite history, to take credit for the work of others, if you have no issues using the dead to gain credibility, chances are i have covered it and given people the materials so they can judge for themselves. 

You worked in the games industry, but that doesn't make you above scrutiny and the same goes for those who have a paid career in Journalism, be it a magazine or website article. 

If you took claims at face value, never fact checked, never looked for additional sources and never printed a correction once errors were brought to light.. 

If you now block comments, refuse to pull or issue statements on online articles which continue to give Jane undeserved credibility, you shouldn't be surprised to be joining Jane in the spotlight. 

I think the Press side of it can be put to bed once the Edge coverage is added, i myself have no more to add. 

But I didn't join here or visit any other site, just to target Jane, Jane put himself into those areas and Jane took advantage of people's good and trusting nature. 

I'm glad I was able to help, you are most welcome.

As promised, here is a scan of the letter from Edge 45 - May 1997 regarding Power Crystal on the M2.  I have just scanned in that page.  I will try and scan in the Edge edition of the Power Crystal promo from Edge 43, I think it is mostly the same as the Next Gen mag version above.

Scan1.thumb.JPG.14d2a93864c43386dadf09c873e1894b.JPG

• Thanks 2

Thanks are honestly all mine. 

I think after all Jane ran around telling Gamestm, Andrew Rosa etc about the Press at the time describing Power Crystal as a Zelda 64 beater, it being finished, reviewed and scoring 100% from multiple magazines, it's only fair people get to see the very context the magazine put it in. 

It was far from finished, Perceptions couldn't hope to compete with Nintendo in terms of artistic resources and it was only compared to Zelda 64 in later issues in terms of lacking the visual clout of the N64 title. 

People like Jane have to learn, trying to bury the truth, rather than admit you deliberately mislead people, simply doesn't work. 

History always catches up with you in the end. 

• Like 1