IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

Classic Whittaker.. 

They weren't allowed by Fox to have the Aliens viewed side on or from behind. 

Nothing to do with the fact the groundbreaking 3D engine, Jane talks of Mike Beaton developing, not actually being a 3D engine then ?

Totally ignore the fact all the Alien and AVP titles from Activision, Konami, Capcom, Electric Dreams etc before Jaguar AVP had the Xenomorphs viewed side on, as did the DS game after it... 

Don't stop and think how ridiculous it sounds, especially when you've Mirrorsoft pointing out just how much freedom Fox gave them with the Alien 3 license, put in guns from Aliens, have loads of Aliens, not just a solitary Alien.. 

And read the part well Jane where Mirrorsoft talk of having access to the film sets etc, something you make such a big deal out of when talking about MGM and Goldeneye, film studios allowed game developers access to props, film sets, scripts storyboards etc, years before you joined MGM. 

Something someone with 40 years in the industry and being mentored by some many legends, close friends with so many from the film and games industry, would of been well aware of. 

But you just keep on lying to your own Twitter audience, treat them with such utter contempt.. 

And what, you were coding AVP at home from moment you landed a job with Rebellion or you and Mike finished it off at your parents home? 

You both coded a LARGE part of AVP there? 

So why did Atari fly you both to Sunnyvale? 

Why not keep you both in the UK? 

Why didn't you name dropYaphet Kotto until after he'd died? 

Come on Jane you wanted Q's for your next Q +A session, we have plenty. 

Screenshot_20210828-122219.thumb.png.dc82ca280854fab1f019cf000acf2c48.png

aliens-the-computer-game_7.png

Screenshot_20210828-122031.png

Screenshot_20210828-121930.png

Screenshot_20210828-121817.png

20210828_123251.jpg

aliens_6.png

20210828_123259.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

download (1).jpeg

aliens_6.png

aliens-konami.png

images.jpeg

unnamed.png

6.jpg

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 2

One I am hoping people from the other side of the pond can assist with here... 

I'd first heard Jane recite the ancedote about him and the Disney Epcot center, on his interview with Andrew Rosa. 

It was done in true Whittaker fashion, Disney had invited him, lots of press there, the event was designed to showcase his career in the industry (yet strangely by his own comments, the only game of his they had running was Jag AVP and that itself isn't something he had sole ownership of, was it???)... 

Now, I am not pouring scorn on the possibility of Disney holding some exhibition there, AVP running and even Whittaker himself being there... 

But having never visited said Epcot center, would it be fair to assume it was not unusual to be  used by the the games industry to host key events? 

Found proof of Sega using it easily enough and what they apparently laid on, simply would of dwarfed anything Jane could offer and Tom Kalinske a far bigger name than Andrew/Jane Whittaker. 

This entire episode strikes me as yet another textbook example of Jane's behavior pattern. 

Wants to be seen as being held in the same high esteem as the big players, so takes an actual event, exaggerates it and makes it all about HIM. 

Doesn't expect anyone to follow it up, point out such events were not uncommon and when done involving others, done on a much grander scale and had the press coverage to go with it. 

Jane's tweet... 

Ahhh the classic non-specifics.

Somebody told me.. 

Up there with these unspecified awards Jane recieved for his work the unspecified Edge reviewer who visited often during Power Crystal, the unspecified Jag AVP artist who saw the Beer drinking, tab smoking Predator Easter egg... 

The irony with these, Jane spent so long bullshitting, he missed a genuine industry award Dark Seed actually recieved. 

I won't say what or where from though it's been passed on as part of the evidence files. 

Let's see Jane explain why he missed such an award, when he's so keen to brag of his achievements. 

VP of Atari

AVP In Guinness book of records. 

5x Programmer of the year... 

Screenshot_20210829-093120.png

IMG_2040.JPG

IMG_2041.JPG

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lostdragon said:

5x Programmer of the year... 

Master-Cast Radio Jane Whittaker Interview Part 1

@7:57 "I got programmer of the year award for it that game" (referring to Graftgold’s Flying Shark).

https://www.avsim.com/home/interviews/jane-whittaker-the-lady-behind-the-code-r3344/

"3 Time programmer of the year award."

https://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/153119/Circus_World.php

"Jane has been 3 times winner of the Programmer of the Year Award and twice winner of Game of the Year"

https://invisioncommunity.co.uk/keystone-games-unveil-launch-info-rogue-islands-fps-adapts/

"five-time programmer of the year award winner, Jane Whittaker"

https://train2game-news.co.uk/tag/over-the-wall/ 

"led by 5 times Programmer of The Year award winner Jane Whittaker"

https://web.archive.org/web/20190824173722/http://bluesockstudios.com/

"5 times programmer of the year award winner"

Edited by MrUnwondering
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ThatGuyMike said:

Far as I can tell, the award doesn't even exist. Aside from Jane somehow winning it during years that they produced literally nothing, I just never could find any evidence of the award existing at all. Youd think something so prestigious would be kind of a big thing in programmer circles, right?

Good Grief, the Dark Seed Award Jane wasn't aware of, is even up on Wikipedia.. 

1993, the game received a Codie award from the Software Publishers Association for Best Fantasy Role-Playing/Adventure... 

If Jane spent more time looking into all these games he claims had key roles on and won soooo many awards for, he'd of been able to build a far more credible case than the utter, constantly conflicting with itself accounts he does come out with. 

Claims to fame only work Jane if you can prove them. 

You have to be a VP of some department with a company, not just THE VP.. 

You have to name the group or publication or industry board that gave you an award and name the year. 

You have to state which titles and on what formats you worked on. 

Do you see Jane? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ThatGuyMike said:

Far as I can tell, the award doesn't even exist. Aside from Jane somehow winning it during years that they produced literally nothing, I just never could find any evidence of the award existing at all. Youd think something so prestigious would be kind of a big thing in programmer circles, right?

At best, Jane has been extremely niave, thinking the community has not even the most basic understanding of how Atari worked. 

Atari loved grabbing the headlines. 

As soon as someone joined or was given a new position within the company, Atari issued a Press Release with photo of said person

Game wins a magazine award, it's documented. 

Even if Sam, Leonard Tramiel and others from Atari Corp who kindly came forward to confirm Jane had never been a V.P of ANY department at Atari aged 19/20,had refused to comment, the case against Jane was overwhelming. 

Just as it was with the claims of being with Mike Singleton and the Maelstrom team at the time of the original Midwinter, Cyberdreams team and meeting H. R Giger, Rare and the Goldeneye team, Graftgold Rainbow Islands team. 

Jane was never in any of the team photos, not one. 

The excuse of it being Jane's choice to deliberately stay hidden, was never going to fly. 

You'd allow yourself to be photographed whilst involved with Flying Shark, Ashes Of The Empire and AVP, but no other games..let alone the position of Vice President of Atari..? 

You were more than happy for your local rag to photograph you at a Bond Film Premier, but you couldn't be photographed with the Rare Goldeneye team? 

IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG

IMG_8671.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

• Like 2

Also worth noting that a 'programmer of the year' award would probably never go to a game developer. 

Game programmers do great work for sure, and there are a handful of those programmers who are freaking geniuses. But awards going to games instead of say, robotics? Neural-net based AI? Spacecraft navigation? Are we really expected to believe that another console shooter won an award over full operating systems and software?

At best, I could get on board with "best game developer" (Which itself would be problematic considering that with the exception of solo-indie devs, no single developer isnt supported by the others in their teams), but 'programmer of the year'? Please. If anyone deserves that, its Margaret Hamilton and her team for as long as they live. 

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, ThatGuyMike said:

Also worth noting that a 'programmer of the year' award would probably never go to a game developer. 

Game programmers do great work for sure, and there are a handful of those programmers who are freaking geniuses. But awards going to games instead of say, robotics? Neural-net based AI? Spacecraft navigation? Are we really expected to believe that another console shooter won an award over full operating systems and software?

At least during my tenure as a games developer (1984-1995ish), we were anonymous as programmers. There were a few big names we'd heard of mostly from the UK, but they were few and far between. The games occasionally got awards - not many - from magazines, but I'd never heard of the idea/concept "programmer of the year" or even who would award such a title.  So for me, it's not something that I knew about back in the day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ThatGuyMike said:

At best, I could get on board with "best game developer" (Which itself would be problematic considering that with the exception of solo-indie devs, no single developer isnt supported by the others in their teams), but 'programmer of the year'? Please. If anyone deserves that, its Margaret Hamilton and her team for as long as they live. 

I've always been of the mindset that Jane was playing apon the old Magazine Readers Awards, the popular ZX Spectrum, C64 and Amstrad CPC mags used to run at the time. 

Sometimes used by Publishers like Ocean Software in their advertising. 

They had little to no real 'value' per say, but filled a few pages and offered a degree of reader interaction. 

I can't remember Flying Shark getting Coin-Op conversion of the year, as most review scores put it firmly in the mediocre to average, let alone anyone voting for an Andrew Whittaker, he'd simply not played any key roles in anything until AVP and even then he only assisted with the workload, he didn't build the game engine, oversee the coding, wasn't responsible for the art etc. 

He was interviewed by the ZX Spectrum Press, so would of been aware of them running said awards, it's not too far fetched to make the connection that he took said award schemes and inserted himself in there, but won't name the publications, as he knows the paper trail would expose him. 

Knowing Jane's ego, he probably just nominated himself as best programmer and sent the form off... ?

And as for claiming he was headhunted by MicroProse whilst at Graftgold doing games like Magnetron... 

Magnetron itself put out under Firebird label, years before MicroProse bought Firebird. 

IMG_2178.JPG

IMG_2181.JPG

IMG_2179.JPG

IMG_2180.JPG

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Knowing Jane's ego, he probably just nominated himself as best programmer and sent the form off... ?

Im still a firm believer that Jane just printed them off some online template and has them stuck on the fridge with little magnets.

Excuse me while I print off a few "Game Artist of the Decade" awards I threw together in Photoshop. You'll be seeing them on my CV shortly.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, ThatGuyMike said:

Im still a firm believer that Jane just printed them off some online template and has them stuck on the fridge with little magnets.

Excuse me while I print off a few "Game Artist of the Decade" awards I threw together in Photoshop. You'll be seeing them on my CV shortly.

Well Jane has used the excuse he was basically strong-armed into appearing in photos back in the day.. 

Jane's C. V suddenly now he's joined Twitter, has him as a magazine article writer, something never mentioned in the past 40 years... 

His Twitter followers been waiting nearly 6 months for him to share the A. I routines he wrote for Jaguar AVP, so i guess that book is miles off... 

Screenshot_20210830-135618.png

Screenshot_20210830-135602.png

Screenshot_20210830-135510.png

Screenshot_20210830-135306.png

Screenshot_20210830-134803.png

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MrUnwondering said:

Golden Joystick Awards

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Joystick_Awards

Had 'Programmer of the year' award in the the early years prior to 1990.

The venerable Jon Ritman won in 1987/88 which presumably would have been the year Whittaker won for Flying Shark?

Andrew Braybrook was runner up.

How dare we doubt Jane, he and the Atari and Rebellion team started the entire AVP Gaming Franchise.. 

Only they didn't..?

https://www.gamesthatwerent.com/gtw64/alien-vs-predator/

Activision obtained the license back in C64/ST/Amiga/Spectrum/CPC days, sat on it till NES/GB era, Capcom used it in the Arcades. 

Lynx title in development before the Jaguar one. 

Only thing Jane started was the lying about AVP.. 

Screenshot_20210830-142041.png

download (2).jpeg

alien_vs_predator_atari_lynx_FPS_shooter-2.jpg

snes_alien_vs_predator_p_eambqf.jpg

G05654rtqzw-1-.jpg

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

Jane making things extremely hard for his legal defence team. 

Having changed his story from being head hunted by Wild Bill Stealey and Sid Mier to make games for MicroProse, to having an advisory role on many ST and Amiga Flight Sims for them, 9 mins 50 Seconds here.. 

The ACTUAL UK team set up by MicroProse to do UK coding on ST and Amiga Flight Sims... 

What Jane hoped to achieve by changing stories once Wild Bill had outted him, I just don't know, but he's just damned himself further still. 

Telling a new lie to cover the old lie, just doesn't work. 

IMG_2402.JPG

IMG_2401.JPG

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chris Brockman said:

Maybe someone should do a video that points out all his lies.  Maybe the guy that spends all his time posting all his bullshit here.  I am 5 minutes into the video I posted and it has nothing of his stuff in there.  Just get into it and start posting the points here of all his bullshit and his Yak stuff and most important stuff, you dont need to talk about all.  A good video about all his bullshit that gets to the point and not made to fit a channel so us facebook and other forum warriors have click bait we would appreciate it.  Someone please do it.

On 8/30/2021 at 3:26 AM, Lostdragon said:

At best, Jane has been extremely niave, thinking the community has not even the most basic understanding of how Atari worked. 

Atari loved grabbing the headlines. 

As soon as someone joined or was given a new position within the company, Atari issued a Press Release with photo of said person

Game wins a magazine award, it's documented. 

Even if Sam, Leonard Tramiel and others from Atari Corp who kindly came forward to confirm Jane had never been a V.P of ANY department at Atari aged 19/20,had refused to comment, the case against Jane was overwhelming. 

Just as it was with the claims of being with Mike Singleton and the Maelstrom team at the time of the original Midwinter, Cyberdreams team and meeting H. R Giger, Rare and the Goldeneye team, Graftgold Rainbow Islands team. 

Jane was never in any of the team photos, not one. 

The excuse of it being Jane's choice to deliberately stay hidden, was never going to fly. 

You'd allow yourself to be photographed whilst involved with Flying Shark, Ashes Of The Empire and AVP, but no other games..let alone the position of Vice President of Atari..? 

You were more than happy for your local rag to photograph you at a Bond Film Premier, but you couldn't be photographed with the Rare Goldeneye team? 

IMG_8638.JPG

IMG_8669.JPG

IMG_8671.JPG

IMG_8665.JPG

Yeah Whittaker wasn't in the AVP interview in Edge issue 5 either, kind of odd for the "lead programmer" of the game not to have anything to say 

571947881_Edge5pg44.thumb.JPG.ed456b37d6ad7fbeca237c092866048c.JPG

6 hours ago, Chris Brockman said:

I always point anyone that needs to know Jane Whittaker is a fraud to

If I sent them to this forum it would be biased because we all hate his ass.  Need new perspective and someone always reminding

them about how much of a liar he is.  

Unfortunately Jane managed to get this one blocked in the UK. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry, but this video is unwatchable. I lasted 3 minutes of this dude's rambling, expletive-filled style...and that was just about himself and some other general stuff. No wonder that JW succeded to convince powers that be that it's a "hate speech" instance, no matter what actual evidence he might've been presenting later.

Like I said earlier, what's really needed is a page (or video, if you must) listing all the factual discrepancies between Jane's claims and reality, with links to evidence and zero personal commentary. Because of the current climate and their gender/disability/harassment shield, any opinionating might be construed as personal attack or indeed hate speech. Best let the facts speak for themselves.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, youxia said:

Sorry, but this video is unwatchable. I lasted 3 minutes of this dude's rambling, expletive-filled style...and that was just about himself and some other general stuff

I have to disagree - when you hear the first two episodes and realise what JW did to Andrew Rosa you can see the effect his lies have on people. Andrew thought he had a scoop that would benefit his channel but in the end he was made to look a mug by the lies and his attitude on the last episode just shows you how raw that made him. 

• Like 3

At this late stage in the game, with people already having written online articles exposing Jane Whittaker :

https://www.icemark.com/blog/archives/2018/04/16/midwinter-sid-meier-and-the-chinese-restaurant/

https://airentertainment.biz/jane-whittaker-proven-to-be-an-industry-fraud/

All we are currently doing is just providing further material for the Court Case and it will be the said Court Case that decides the outcome of this, plain and simple. 

We've seen first hand how the very publications that gave Jane a platform, responded when industry figures, not mere bottom feeder readers, approached them with proof Jane had lied to them. 

No public apology, no statement of corrections issued, just a weak promise said interview would never be used in any future publication. 

We have approached numerous online sites with proof the information contained within their articles about Jane being VP of Atari, Jane Graftgold, Cyberdreams, MicroProse, Bullfrog, Maxis etc etc is absolute nonsense, they've been given the personal testimonals of so many from the industry and yet we are told the articles will stay, we have an axe to grind. 

People like the Waffling Taylor's were warned before airing their podcast interview with Jane, about Jane, they went right ahead and aired it. 

Haptic Presents and RMC-The Cave YT channels were given the same evidence Jane lied to them, videos still up, no statements issued, any comments exposing Jane are simply blocked. 

At this stage even if Andrew Braybrook and Jason Page for example, joined Steve Turner in shooting down the Graftgold claims, Sid Mier joined Wild Bill Stealey shooting down the Microprose claims, Will Wright shot down claims over The Sims... 

Nothing would change. 

People would still say Jane would never of been interviewed by Gamestm, Game Pro, Retrogamer Magazines, so many websites, if he wasn't credible.. 

Nolan Bushnell wouldn't go into business with someone with the issues we say Jane has. 

Jane couldn't of gotten away with all this over 40 years. 

Why is Jane being singled out, when so many others from the industry lie to the press? 

So much time has been invested in putting together concrete proof Jane lies, by so many and for what? 

Individuals to simply ignore everything right in front of them including the very real damage Jane has caused  and go straight into saying they are simply delighted to have Jane as a guest.. they only wish they had more time more pages to devote to Jane. 

A legal takedown of all these articles and interviews Jane uses on LinkedIn and his own website, some statements from those thst still constantly defend him, saying they were fooled by Jane, are the only things that can generate a real resolve to all of this and without being harsh, I can't see it happening anytime soon, if at all. 

There will be mental health grounds or some legal technicality and an out of court settlement. 

Jane gets under peoples skin to the point they say things thst play straight into Jane's hands, online, a comment about wouldn't it be a shame if Jane suffered an accident.. ?

That's exactly the reaction Jane wants, instant victim status. 

Don't get me wrong, since this thread started, we've had Jeff Minter expose Jane's lies, Sam Tramiel further shame Jane, more people who worked on Power Crystal come forward, which is fantastic and Jane has been a lot quieter on Twitter of late.. 

But at best, this thread is just an archieve of material exposing Jane, a vital jigsaw piece at a time Jane is having magazine scans pulled, videos and comments blocked, but it's never going to be the Silver Bullet,nor would any future YT video. 

The BBC would of been the one shot at putting this to bed, but that went nowhere. 

Edited by Lostdragon

54 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

At this late stage in the game, with people already having written online articles exposing Jane Whittaker :

https://www.icemark.com/blog/archives/2018/04/16/midwinter-sid-meier-and-the-chinese-restaurant/

https://airentertainment.biz/jane-whittaker-proven-to-be-an-industry-fraud/

All we are currently doing is just providing further material for the Court Case and it will be the said Court Case that decides the outcome of this, plain and simple. 

The first link is just a post about one particular incident. This can be used as a counterclaim evidence, but it's not the concise summary of everything so far I'm talking about.

The airentertainment is a better source, but can be perceived as biased, since it's written be people who clearly had fallings out with JW. These articles also do not contain all the details from here. And this thread itself is not ideal either: it's now 14 pages long and full of what an outsider might perceive as bitter ramblings. Sorry to be brutally honest - as you well know I really do appreciate all your work on this  - but these long-winded, repetitive posts simply do not look good in a case as sensitive as this one.

And this might well be the reason many people, especially those with a platform, turtle up and refuse to listen. I hope that the court case will have an outcome positive for the truth, but it's not guaranteed in the slightest, even if we know that the bulk of evidence is against JW. With good lawyers and in the current political climate they really might succeed in swinging this their way, facts and realities be damned.