IGNORED

Leonard Tramiel Exclusive Text Interview - Great Commodore & Atari Insight

Adriano Arcade

1 hour ago, youxia said:

With good lawyers and in the current political climate they really might succeed in swinging this their way, facts and realities be damned.

Worth mentioning another little anecdote relating to this particular bit.

In the past Jane has claimed to have "Bill Gates' lawyers" on call to handle certain things.

In this particular case, in which Jane seems to be playing all their cards, the lawyers representing them are literally small-time no-win-no-fee lawyers. And funnily enough, 'hate crimes' don't even make up any parts of the claim. Its entirely a libel case.

Heck, I'd be happy to publish the actual case details after its done and dusted (if I'm allowed, I'm not sure) for anyone who needs a laugh.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, youxia said:

... even if we know that the bulk of evidence is against JW. With good lawyers and in the current political climate they really might succeed in swinging this their way, facts and realities be damned.

That's exactly how I see the court case going. 

Jane /Jane's legal team. will present it as Jane being targeted due to being a champion for diversity and disgruntled ex-employees of his are using it as an excuse to target him and acting as ringleaders and bringing others to their cause. 

Jane's already lain the groundwork :

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/hate-crime-dark-side-industry-jane-whittaker

'Perhaps worst of all there have been attacks on the Keystone Charity,...' 

'Apparently I have fabricated my career' 

'...  a massive series of hate crimes has been perpetrated on myself by another software company!' 

Everything will come under the umbrella of a Hate Crime. 

Forum and YT comments will be dismissed as the tired old social media drama,the BBC did just that and so will the courts. 

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, youxia said:

I hope that the court case will have an outcome positive for the truth, but it's not guaranteed in the slightest, even if we know that the bulk of evidence is against JW. With good lawyers and in the current political climate they really might succeed in swinging this their way, facts and realities be damned.

Good points. This will be a very interesting case for sure.

The evidence available in the public domain currently is a tiny subset of that held privatly.

If there is or was hate crime, then where are the arrests? No one is asking Jane for anything other than answers to questions regarding inconsistencies in Jane's own public statements. Jane has made many questionable public statements, if you make a public statement, should the public not be allowed to ask questions about it? Seems Jane will not answer questions.

Games is firmly in the public interest, especially the who when and where of beloved games. Whittaker asserts he was heavily involved with many of these games. It's a matter of public interest.

The only person playing the gender card is Jane. No one else cares.

Everyone still enjoying the Leonard interview? Loving the discussions it is causing! 

Don't forget, there are loads more written and podcast Atari interviews to be found on Arcade Attack:

Tod Frye, Howard Scott Warshaw, Eugene Jarvis, Bill Rehbock, James Hampton for example have all had podcast interview!

Al Alcorn, Dona Bailey, David Crane, Rob Fulop, Garry Kitchen, Jeff Minter, Warren Robinett and BJ West have all had text interviews!

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Adriano Arcade said:

Everyone still enjoying the Leonard interview? Loving the discussions it is causing! 

Don't forget, there are loads more written and podcast Atari interviews to be found on Arcade Attack:

Tod Frye, Howard Scott Warshaw, Eugene Jarvis, Bill Rehbock, James Hampton for example have all had podcast interview!

Al Alcorn, Dona Bailey, David Crane, Rob Fulop, Garry Kitchen, Jeff Minter, Warren Robinett and BJ West have all had text interviews!

https://www.arcadeattack.co.uk/

We're looking forward to more Atari interviews from Arcade Attack. Keep the good job Adrian :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, justino said:

Jane seems to have clammed up on Twitter. Not like him at all….

Its a pattern with Jane. Loud when they think everything is going well (because they need people to know everything is real and happy and whatever), but clams right up when they realise the walls are closing in around them. Last time Jane was this silent was with the downfall of Blue Sock Studios a couple years ago. They ditched the old social media accounts and reappeared with new ones. Funny enough, also running with the claims of "hidden for 40 years" and "new to Twitter" despite the previous accounts making those exact same claims.

It wouldn't surprise me if one of the following happened:

1- Jane suddenly makes a bunch of Twitter posts in the next few days after reading these comments to 'disprove' these patterns.

2- Jane slinks away and comes back with yet another account.

3- Janes head gets might confused because they want to post to disprove what I said here, but in doing so will confirm they're reading and reacting to this post, doesn't know what to do and pulls a tantrum somewhere.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jurassic Oark:Rampage Edition, I believe saw a Sega Genesis release on September 28 1994.

It let you play as the Raptor? 

Jaguar AVP was released on October 21 1994?

The Sega game beat the Atari one to the post of being the 'first' game to let you play as the 'monster' if the above dates are correct. 

Making Jane's claim, incorrect.. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

Jurassic Oark:Rampage Edition, I believe saw a Sega Genesis release on September 28 1994.

It let you play as the Raptor? 

Jaguar AVP was released on October 21 1994?

The Sega game beat the Atari one to the post of being the 'first' game to let you play as the 'monster' if the above dates are correct. 

Making Jane's claim, incorrect.. 

Tell that Guiness World Records 2017 Gamer's Edition  ;-) :  

https://books.google.de/books?id=MNEyDQAAQBAJ&pg=PA154&lpg=PA154&dq=Guinness+book+records+Alien+vs+Predator&source=bl&ots=fmTEOibSg3&sig=ACfU3U2K8mkQLf9f6UoRdzhiqpprXRWjyQ&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjr-cKOp6zzAhWQCuwKHTRyAOkQ6AF6BAgrEAM#v=onepage&q=Guinness book records Alien vs Predator&f=false

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

I hated Jurassic Park, the film and the first Sega game looked so run of the mill, i hadn't paid much attention to the Rampage Edition. 

If the Xenomorph in AVP is to be classed as a monster, then by the same logic, the Raptor would fall into the same category. 

The Guinness Book Of Records just goes by a year, 1994 and fact player was given option of playing as something other than the Hero. 

Looks like they skimped on the research here. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lostdragon said:

I hated Jurassic Park, the film and the first Sega game looked so run of the mill, i hadn't paid much attention to the Rampage Edition. 

If the Xenomorph in AVP is to be classed as a monster, then by the same logic, the Raptor would fall into the same category. 

The Guinness Book Of Records just goes by a year, 1994 and fact player was given option of playing as something other than the Hero. 

Looks like they skimped on the research here. 

It says first FPS to play as the monster ;-) 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, agradeneu said:

It says first FPS to play as the monster ;-) 

It does, but Jane changed a tweet from first GAME  where you could play as the monster, to first FPS

Guinness I stand corrected on, but Jane needs to be specific when making claims to fame about AVP.

There were earlier games again where you played as the Monster... 

It's a character trait of Jane's... 

I worked on Theme Park, no you apparently worked on the Playstation II version of Theme Park World, that's very different. 

Jane talks of Ashes Of The Empire being Midwinter 3,no,it's a stand alone title.. 

Screenshot_20211002-194317.png

Screenshot_20211002-194309.png

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, JagChris said:

This is absolute Heresy of the highest order...

?

I've also had an inherent loathing for the likes of:

Blade Runner

Apocalypse Now

The Deer Hunter. 

And... 

Find The Exorcist to hardly warrant the attention it gets. 

Nor the Godfather Trilogy. 

Used to be an avid Empire reader years ago and just found myself at odds with many of the established films your told  absolute must be seen. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully this Kitty isn't going to be the latest to fall for Jane's deception and give Jane yet another platform to continue the charade, but time will tell. 

I was directed to Crash Magazine, Xmas Special 1988,where Mike Singleton, joined a host of the UK coding industry greats and his comments once again highlight just how foolish it was for Jane to try the stunt of name dropping in interviews, just to impress. 

Mike spoke of his admiration for titles like Driller (Freescape) and The Sentinel (Geoff Crammond) and he put Jeff Minter as his most admired programmer. 

This was the Mike Singleton i knew from my magazine days, ever humble, ever keen to express his admiration for the work of others. 

You'd never find Mike bragging he'd invented X, Y or Z... 

And just like the huge swathes of missing knowledge about Jack Tramiel, if Mike had indeed mentored Jane as claimed, Jane would of been aware of his admiration for Jeff and included that in his interview with Andrew Rosa, instead he fabricated the claim of Jeff being at Sunnyvale, along with John Carmack. 

It's often the smallest of details that can start to untangle the knots. 

Screenshot_20211016-164341.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2021 at 8:15 PM, MrUnwondering said:

"Only regret, was hiding myself away, so many years"

Never misses a chance to spin that ol' hiden away narative, shame he has no regrets for all the credits stolen, lies told and people f*d over.

Still no sign of any magazine awarding him programmer of the year. 

C. C. I gave it to Richard and David Darling. 

Screenshot_20211026-181319.png

Screenshot_20211026-181313.png

Edited by Lostdragon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Stephen said:

Fortunately when searching for Andrew Whittaker (on Google), the first dozen or so links and photos list his as a fraud.  So the word is getting out.

Jane seems very quiet on Twitter these days, possibly because after hyping the new business set up with Nolan Bushnell etc, as far as I am aware, there still hasn't been anything annouced about any actual games headed for any actual platforms. 

Jane's own spirtual successor to AVP Project has flatlined... 

Due diligence research continues into Jane's many claims. 

Still no programmer of the year award to be found, but plenty more coverage about Microprose buying Firebird, Microprose setting up it's own UK coding team, there's also coverage of Star Trek, which Mike Singleton worked on, something Jane seemed completely ignorant of... 

The more that's presented, the harder it is for Jane to try and claim sources that say they don't remember any Andrew or Jane Whittaker, must have forgotten, as it's been so many years. 

The more people we can find recorded as Programmer of the year, the greater the emphasis becomes on Jane to show proof of exactly which publication gave him such an award. 

If the claims Jane has made are true, press should exist to confirm them. 

Screenshot_20211027-142152.png

Screenshot_20211027-124340.png

Screenshot_20211027-141953.png

Screenshot_20211027-124504.png

• Like 2

On 10/17/2021 at 8:15 PM, MrUnwondering said:

"Only regret, was hiding myself away, so many years"

Never misses a chance to spin that ol' hiden away narative, shame he has no regrets for all the credits stolen, lies told and people f*d over.

When Jane bragged of working with the Atari Jaguar Hardware developers and writing the software libraries for it, Jane was not only taking credit for the debugging work ATD were contracted by Atari to provide, but also Rob Zdybel 

https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/antic-interview-184-rob-zdybel-star-trek-missile-command/id663593797?i=1000370341442

Around the 56 mins mark, Rob talks of doing all the 'heavy lifting' on the software side for the Jaguar and his role debugging the software. 

Rob speaks highly of the Tramiel family, the environment being different to that of Atari under Warner. 

When your out there Jane, giving your ancedotes about your time at Atari (a mere 6 months compared to the beginning to end lifespan of Atari Rob spent there) and talk of being mentored by the Tramiel family... 

Just pause and remember just how insulting your being to the REAL Atari pioneers... 

You won't of course... 

• Like 4