IGNORED

yie ar kung fu - crash on my altirra

Doesn't matter, IIRC it crashes anyway.

Here's more complete version: http://atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=katalog&sub=Y&tg=Yie Another Kung-Fu#Yie Another Kung-Fu

It can be run through Altirra as Corina cartridge (not sure it won't crash, either), or there's version with ATARI++ emulator included (yeah, a bit hacked to handle Corina cart). Everything in above link.

In fact it runs on 64k as well. But yes, the glitches are terrible. Just haven't ran it this way.

Atari++ version plays fine but it has another joytick layout (Numpad and "0" as fire/hit - should be set-up though).

@_The Doctor__:

Actually the main coder of it is @vega. The problem it that he has dissapeared from the radars long time ago.

To be honest I don't know what's missing there, besides using that type of cartridge (yeah the game should save highscores, not sure it does it now).

Edited by miker
typo

Nope,

it's not Altirra specific - I downloaded several versions in the past and some of them worked on the real A8 and some did not work on the real machine. In the end I simply kept one version that worked (not sure how complete or incomplete this one is).

At atarionline.pl you can find several XEX versions, one for 256k RAM and three for 320k RAM. Test them in Altirra or with a real Atari and simply keep the one that works for you... Yie Ar Kung Fu

The main problem is that the game never got finished, so every version from @CharlieChaplin's link may bo more or less likely to crash.

Alternatively you may try version from Homesoft's site, maybe it was somehow "touched": http://www.mushca.com/f/atari/index.php?idx=7#DISK333

Edited by miker
  • Like 1