IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 11 - Space Armada

2 hours ago, gezkc said:

Made it past the invisible levels! ?

DSC_0228.JPG

Fantastic!

Those green fireballs definitely up the ante, eh? The diving saucers are such a lovely surprise as well. Kudos to the dev for keeping some surprises till later. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BiffMan said:

Fantastic!

Those green fireballs definitely up the ante, eh? The diving saucers are such a lovely surprise as well. Kudos to the dev for keeping some surprises till later. ?

Thanks. It was the green fireballs that finished me off - they're a real pain! The diving spaceships were actually quite useful as it gives you a better chance to restore your bases.

Certainly makes the game more interesting! ? 

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, gezkc said:

Thanks. It was the green fireballs that finished me off - they're a real pain! The diving spaceships were actually quite useful as it gives you a better chance to restore your bases.

Certainly makes the game more interesting! ? 

It's also a delightful bit of game balance... Green fireballs are when you finally start to use up lives more than ever, and the saucers help you restore shields quickly, but also munch on them. So you need shields more than ever, saucers both give and take them away, and you have to take additional risk darting out from under cover to get the saucers, also taking you off what you should be doing, which is picking off columns of enemies. 

It's fantastic, and starting at the 1st level after the full invis levels would have made a hell of a 'hard' mode. Pity that most people who played that, never saw the game in its full glory. 

Very glad you stuck with it and got to enjoy those levels! 

• Like 5

You can see right away that in space armada the invaders are bigger, start much closer to your ship and have very little lateral room to march back and forth.  This results in much less time to clear the enemy, requiring different strategy.  In space armada, enemy weapons change as the game advances and you can't shoot enemy missiles.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, mr_me said:

You can see right away that in space armada the invaders are bigger, start much closer to your ship and have very little lateral room to march back and forth.  This results in much less time to clear the enemy, requiring different strategy.  In space armada, enemy weapons change as the game advances and you can't shoot enemy missiles.

Thank you. I appreciate your synopsis of the two.

8 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

We could really use a score update on this one and a season update. 

I'm guessing Jacob is busy these days. I did unofficial season updates through Frogger and if I have time today, I'll try to compile the Space Hawk scores and post a season update in that thread. 

Let me know if I'm stepping on toes by doing so just trying to save Jacob time when he has a chance to catch up. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BiffMan said:

I'm guessing Jacob is busy these days. I did unofficial season updates through Frogger and if I have time today, I'll try to compile the Space Hawk scores and post a season update in that thread. 

Let me know if I'm stepping on toes by doing so just trying to save Jacob time when he has a chance to catch up. 

I appreciate it and would say go for it, if you have the time.  I don't know if Jacob would see it as stepping on toes.

• Like 1

Still trying hard on this. Played many games today & reached board 14 once with 50420 points. Just short of improving my top score. That’s about the best I can do. I keep thinking if I play to board 13 or 14 enough times, eventually I’ll have a game where I hit a bunch of high value saucers. But I don’t get there very often.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Unofficial current standings for Space Armada

(just trying to help out in case Jacob is busy with Life Stuff)

(HIGH SCORES)

1.   160,880 ed1475

2.   63,050 BiffMan

3.   51,930 Ace24

4.   42,910 gezkc

5.   22,420 JasonlikesINTV

6.   21,460 IntyFanMatt

7.   18,590 cmadruga

8.   19,820 Intelligentleman

9.   14,490 wolfy62

10.  14,320 Mangia-Boy

11.  7,910 fakecortex

12.  7,820 roadrunner

13.  680 DarthCloud

14.  280 jblenkle

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5

On 5/14/2020 at 5:54 PM, BiffMan said:

(just trying to help out in case Jacob is busy with Life Stuff)

Appreciate it. I think we could use more score updates in general. No offense to Jacob but if someone is able to help out, like you did here, I think it’s great. 

Edited by JacobZu7zu7

Yep, if I am late, lets say, 1/2 way though the new game... you can make unofficial list of rank or current standings.

I just made a quick swap of this, and its official now in First post :)

7.   18,590 cmadruga

• Thanks 3

9 hours ago, JacobZu7zu7 said:

Yep, if I am late, lets say, 1/2 way though the new game... you can make unofficial list of rank or current standings.

I just made a quick swap of this, and its official now in First post :)

7.   18,590 cmadruga

Doh! Full props to you for maintaining this for us, it is absolutely not as easy as it might seem to compile that list without messing up.  I must have reviewed the listing 3-4 times and still messed up! Lol ?

• Haha 1