IGNORED

ATARI SLM804 Laser Printer (ST/MegaST/STe/MegaSTe/TT030/Falcon)

Guitarman

Atari SLM804 laser printer for the ST line of computers. For the person that buys it, I will include the SLMC804 interface once I find it, but it will, most likely, not be sent with the printer. There have been 2 of these sold on eBay in the past 4 months. One for $400 and the other for $850. I am going to price this at the lower of the two. Since it is very heavy, it would be better if it went to someone that could pick it up somewhere near the Austin area. I will consider shipping but it will not be cheap. I will make sure to power it up and make sure it sounds healthy. Since I currently have nothing set up to test, it will have to be 'as-is'. Luckily, most of my sales moving forward will all be tested as working since I am in the process of setting up a testing desk for all my hardware.

$400

IMG_2503.thumb.JPEG.daf7055d6da69ef30ea09fefb23312a6.JPEG

IMG_2504.thumb.JPEG.6bbc40bccbbb85e2db4e0f0dd00c76d0.JPEG

IMG_2505.thumb.JPEG.352824379540a4d4004468818437b892.JPEG

IMG_2506.thumb.JPEG.b5becd137a06818e47fc35627408d0d2.JPEG

IMG_2507.thumb.JPEG.85006cf9ec1fb1e978fa1d4b276547a6.JPEG

IMG_2508.thumb.JPEG.0d34228f2b2fda877fab6a483599ca0d.JPEG

IMG_2509.thumb.JPEG.e2048d7f2ef32eaa54ba855eb9ed2444.JPEG

I bought one off ebay that was Originally priced at $400 in New York(let's say I negotiated for a far lesser price and I arranged for pick up and avoided the crazy shipping fee)... I dare not say what I paid now ?

/s

I have had people ship these with the toner cart, fusers, bulbs. all still in them... what a mess!   Don't turn things on with the toner spilled all over the place from shipping! Not cool!   Now you know why I would drive for hours to pick them up!

Edited by _The Doctor__

11 hours ago, venom4728a said:

Can an Atari 8 bit print to these printers?

Doubtful - IIRC, the SLM804 used the ST memory to produce the page output.  Atari was ahead of the times in producing a laser printer with a low price point.

The 8bit cant power it that Im aware of.

On 5/11/2020 at 6:30 AM, Goochman said:

Doubtful - IIRC, the SLM804 used the ST memory to produce the page output.  Atari was ahead of the times in producing a laser printer with a low price point.

The 8bit cant power it that Im aware of.

From my understanding of these, they are basically the pre-win pinters.  Basically for Atari to make them so cheap, they removed all the processing of fonts, etc and just let the co.puter do all the work.

Can you still get new toner cartridges for these (and other Atari printers)?  I amost bought an 8bit one, but figured it would be useless if I couldn't get ribbons for the dot matrix.  But then someone else snagged it.

This printer looks awesome, but yeah I would hate to see it shipped and destroyed in shipping.