blainelocklair

Amico Interview w/Tommy Tallarico: Games In Development, Amico Release Status, More

As you may know, Intellivision is planning a huge comeback with the release of the Intellivision Amico. Intellivision Entertainment CEO and fellow AtariAge member Tommy Tallarico was kind enough to spend some time sharing the status of Amico's development, plans for release, and info on launch titles and games in development. He also shared some info on classic Atari titles, such as Pong, Missile Command, and others, being reimagined for 2020 on the Amico. Check it out here:

• Like 5

Hi! So all of the above having been said, I am definitely looking forward to Amico. I pre-ordered the "Woody" on day one in March. I'm proud to see that the Intellivision brand, destined for obsolescence all those years ago, is making a resurgence. It's wonderful to see that something that's so much a part of our shared history has this opportunity to live again in a modern, new way.

No, I don't get paid by Intellivision Entertainment to endorse them or anything of that sort. I'm just excited to see what's happening and hope, as I suspect you do as well, that it is everything it has the potential to become. I could never have taken up the Intellivision mantle in this way, so kudos to Tommy for taking on the challenge, both from a creative and financial standpoint.

What's your take on Amico? Are you looking forward to it? Skeptical? Have you pre-ordered? Interested to know how you feel about it all.

Thanks!

• Like 7

I share the same sentiments as you Blaine,for the potential and excitement of the Amico.

As a 40 year intellivision player and collector,the fact that the name and the reimagined versions of some of the best home games I have ever played are coming back,is a dream come true for me!😊

I preordered the Founders Edition as well as the Purple Gamestop exclusive edition and look forward to receiving them,opening them up and playing the games with my family and friends! 

Thanks for asking and starting this thread,the more attention and focus that is placed on the Amico,definitely the better!👍

• Like 3

Founder here, too!  Very excited.  I was super pumped when I got my Intellivision BITD and I'm feeling it again now!  Had to get the wood-grain edition!

When Tommy signed autographs after the Amico announcement at the keynote address at PRGE a couple of years ago my son had the honor and privilege to be at the front of the line and asked Tommy if wood-grain was going to be available and Tommy said "YES!"  Woo-hoo!

Of course, already ordered a second system and might get a third.  Love that Indigo at GameStop!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I apologize if this question has already been answered a billion times.  Will there be a bowling game for Amico sometime down the road? 

I think so, yes, since there was a bowling game on the original Intellivision. There's even an OEB Pete's "Amico minute" video about it.

But Tommy doesn't want to release it at launch (or include it in the system - I'm not sure) to avoid the obvious Wii comparisons.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I apologize if this question has already been answered a billion times.  Will there be a bowling game for Amico sometime down the road? 

Amico Bowling will be available at launch.  From the Amico Q&A thread:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/288558-intellivision-amico-tommy-tallarico-introduction-qa/?do=findComment&comment=4494427

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

Thank you. I would have provided that link myself if I hadn't been banned from this thread without warning or explanation. 😑

• Sad 2

25 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

Thank you. I would have provided that link myself if I hadn't been banned from this thread without warning or explanation. 😑

Logout and you can read and search any thread.

Did they delete any of your posts?

Edited by mr_me

41 minutes ago, mr_me said:

Did they delete any of your posts?

No, I don't think so. Actually it seems Albert even 'restored' a few hidden posts (based on the post count).

I like how this video was done. It lists what is being talked about at the bottom. Makes it easier to search for new information. 

That's good to hear about Bowling. I think games like it and Cornhole is what is going to make Amico shine and appeals to almost everyone. There use to be a lot of talk of horseshoes, bocce ball, and maybe darts/lawn darts. There been any updates on those?

• Like 2