IGNORED

WTB: working Jaguar OEM power adapter and video cable

eightbitwhit

1 hour ago, sixersfan105 said:

Does your TV have component? If so, you should look into the HD Retrovision Genesis or SNES component cables + the SNES2JAG or GEN2JAG adapter. Beautiful picture!

Yeah, that is if you can get ahold of a SNES2JAG or GEN2JAG adapter ;) I have been on a waiting list for some time now...and now I hear I have to wait for ebay auctions and make sure I am available to bid quickly. Bah...

1 hour ago, eightbit said:

Yeah, that is if you can get ahold of a SNES2JAG or GEN2JAG adapter ;) I have been on a waiting list for some time now...and now I hear I have to wait for ebay auctions and make sure I am available to bid quickly. Bah...

Yikes that sounds like quite the hassle. Wasn't that difficult when I got one from him. Handled it via PM and was super easy. 

7 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Yikes that sounds like quite the hassle. Wasn't that difficult when I got one from him. Handled it via PM and was super easy. 

Yeah, I sent a PM and was told I would get a reply when it was available. But, according to his thread that has changed I suppose:

Don't get me wrong, I hold no animosity....other than the fact that I hate having to fight for an ebay purchase and I probably will not get one because of it....not to mention looking it for "twitters". I don't even use twitter ;)

There are other options such as a SCART cable to an OSSC and a few other options (including just building my own if I have to)...but it certain would have been nice to have a pre-made thing that I can just plug in and use on any component ready TV.

Edited by eightbit

3 minutes ago, sixersfan105 said:

Interesting. He must feel that that streamlines purchases for him or something. Wow, 39 SNES2JAG and 1 GEN2JAG in the upcoming batch. That's quite the ratio right there! I suppose my GEN2JAG will become a collector's item hahaha. 

Probably more like someone will jump on that super duper fast as the Genesis HDRetrovision cable is much easier to come by ;)

I never understood why someone doesn't just mass produce these things and always have them on sale for the Jag. I mean, you can get TG16 to HDMI cables on amazon....and the TG16 is just as niche a console as the Jag is in my book. Maybe one day....

2 minutes ago, eightbit said:

Probably more like someone will jump on that super duper fast as the Genesis HDRetrovision cable is much easier to come by ;)

I never understood why someone doesn't just mass produce these things and always have them on sale for the Jag. I mean, you can get TG16 to HDMI cables on amazon....and the TG16 is just as niche a console as the Jag is in my book. Maybe one day....

Oh really? I guess I assumed the SNES cables were easier to come by, hence the ratio. I had to wait a couple months last year for Castlemania Games to get the HD Retrovision Genesis cable back in stock. Seemed like they had a bunch of SNES at the time, though. Granted, that was last summer. I waited for the Genesis cable because I have a JVC X'Eye but no SNES, in case I ever wanna swap out the cable. 

Actually now both cables are on pre-order now that I check....so I guess it does not matter either way ;) Castlemania games is great though...so any pre-order you make you will certainly get in no time at all I would assume from past experience.

Also, to the original thread starter, sorry for the convo in your thread! To help with an least the power supply, if you cannot find an OEM Jag supply there are a lot of alternatives.This will work perfectly:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D5KPCVC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Or....

If you want an official legit Atari Jaguar PSU I have one left for sale. I have sent you a PM!

Edited by eightbit