IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 1 ~ Midway Arcade Part 1

Vocelli

27 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

And what is the pattern?

I utilized a combination of several patterns. To last, you pretty much have to, because the ghosts have RNG as a component in their logic and you can't always manipulate them into doing what you want. The main two patterns I used I give all credit to @nads He was the first that I have seen use them, and the two are the most effective. In times where the ghosts go rogue, I branch off into any one of a dozen contingency patterns I developed, a couple ad hoc, based on ghost deviations, which there are a few, but given the size of the maze, that number is limited.

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, ZilchSr said:

I utilized a combination of several patterns. To last, you pretty much have to, because the ghosts have RNG as a component in their logic and you can't always manipulate them into doing what you want. The main two patterns I used I give all credit to @nads He was the first that I have seen use them, and the two are the most effective. In times where the ghosts go rogue, I branch off into any one of a dozen contingency patterns I developed, a couple ad hoc, based on ghost deviations, which there are a few, but given the size of the maze, that number is limited.

I Appreciate the shout out!!

i remember years ago searching online for a pattern couldn’t find anything solid, so I started using the save state on Stella to build a pattern, but as you said you definitely need a plan B , so I had a small variation added to my main pattern it helped a lot! 
You’re scoring rate is very good!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, nads said:

I Appreciate the shout out!!

i remember years ago searching online for a pattern couldn’t find anything solid, so I started using the save state on Stella to build a pattern, but as you said you definitely need a plan B , so I had a small variation added to my main pattern it helped a lot! 
You’re scoring rate is very good!

Thanks, Pete! The scoring rate is attributed to an aggressive, more risky ghost hunting element, usually when my reserves were high.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/5/2020 at 5:08 PM, Vocelli said:

WOAH a Stealth Drop!!!

You may Start!

Not that it matters yet, but I was just curious: is each game of the two for this week worth up to 25 or up to 50 pts?

Edited by ZilchSr

It's all I can to survive long enough to get to 10K, let alone rolling it!  Still not there yet: 9,754!

I've managed to get through the fastest boards losing only 1 life.  That's all well and good because I get that life back, but I can't do it consistently, so I eventually just run out of lives.  :(

Pac-Man (1982) (Atari).png

• Like 2

Mmm...video wafers. The hit detection in this game really throws my arcade pac-man instincts off. Getting used to the crazy ghost "AI" and how they don't reverse on energizers. Score increases so slowly! There are some awesome scores here! Don't know if I could go for 3hrs tho...hahaha.

5,067 level 4

pac-5k.thumb.JPG.7f2c0da748768c4898fefd6859f1b3d4.JPG

Leaps and bounds over vcs pac-man. Actually fun, I'm surprised to say. I'm an avid arcade ms. pac-man player, and having to change up strategy and expectations is challenging, but welcomed. I really appreciate the change in levels here.

38,510 pretzel

mspac-38k.thumb.JPG.8fecbe5714e2537127cd6b75d2be810a.JPG

First time in the 2600 HSC btw!

Edited by fakecortex
new contestant bonus, fixed high level
  • Like 5

GUESS WHO'S BACK? BACK AGAIN!
but seriously, took some time away to do other things but have been craving the atari lately, I was just saying the other day that I should try to get back into the HSC, and here it is! A new season and everything! So hopefully I'll be able to play the whole season out and have fun doing it (though I am not very good)
Pac-Man : 1,737
Ms.Pac-Man : 17,790

Ms.Pac-Man 17,790.PNG

Pac-Man 1737.PNG

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Mikebloke said:

Pac man 2,395(that is a 9 right?) 

Ms pac man (21,230)

Played on pal 7800

I'm rubbish. I no lifed this game many years ago on the nes. Not my particular goto game these days.

DSC_0503.JPG

DSC_0505.JPG

Yep, it’s a 9 ?

Pacman:  1711

Ms. Pacman:  23,680

Playing Ms. Pacman, again, brought back memories of my father-in-law.  I married into a family that never played video games of any type.  I usually had my Atari along when we would go from Pennsylvania to Ohio for a visit.  He tried my Ms. Pacman and fell in love with it.  He bought his own Atari just to play Ms. Pacman, which was the only game he ever owned for his system.  It just brought him great joy.  He died in 2012 at the age of 85 after a long bout with Alzheimer's.  But before his health declined, he became, surprisingly, a Ms. Pacman aficionado.  Good times.

Ms. Pac-Man (1982) (Atari)_2.png

Pac-Man (1982) (Atari)_2.png

• Like 5