IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 1 ~ Midway Arcade Part 1

Vocelli

Pac Man 107348 (score rolled?

IMG-20200512-WA0009.thumb.jpg.ced4cac1d9dd2221d8943ce38c44c7e1.jpgIMG-20200512-WA0005.thumb.jpg.0ceb22abbb8ee532d3e431fc94ea839d.jpg

Final Score:

IMG_20200512_011248.thumb.jpg.6aaffb8635927d68a9b2b62ba12059c1.jpg

I took me 3 hours and i basically used this pattern (with 3 small changes) :
atari-pac5.JPG

With a solid pattern it's a totally different game, it's more about how long can you stand your hurting hands. After i rolled the score, i returned to free style, that saved me from playing for days and rolling dead from my chair.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Pac Man 107348 (score rolled?

IMG-20200512-WA0009.thumb.jpg.ced4cac1d9dd2221d8943ce38c44c7e1.jpgIMG-20200512-WA0005.thumb.jpg.0ceb22abbb8ee532d3e431fc94ea839d.jpg

Final Score:

IMG_20200512_011248.thumb.jpg.6aaffb8635927d68a9b2b62ba12059c1.jpg

I took me 3 hours and i basically used this pattern (with 3 small changes) :
atari-pac5.JPG

With a solid pattern it's a totally different game, it's more about how long can you stand your hurting hands. After i rolled the score, i returned to free style, that saved me from playing for days and rolling dead from my chair.

Great stuff!!! 
That pattern looks a bit different to the one I run with, but you can’t argue with the results ?.

Well played!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, nads said:

Great stuff!!! 
That pattern looks a bit different to the one I run with, but you can’t argue with the results ?.

Well played!

A normal per maze score is about 800 (this assumes 3 ghosts eaten per power pellet and one vitamin. In a 100K game, that's about 125 mazes. The book above states that the pattern shown is for mazes 5 through 10. That's about 115 maze 11s (or about 92% of all the mazes you'll play) which you'll face in a 100K game that this 5 to 10 pattern would presumably need to be tweaked in order to be effective. I hope he posts the pattern for maze 11. 

Edited by ZilchSr
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fakecortex said:

Hey Al_Nafuur, what's the name of that book? I love checking out old strategy guides. That pattern is for screens 5-10, how's it working on the first few? I'm trying it out myself- at least playing and referencing the map at the same time adds a new level of challenge, hahaha.

The title is "Pac-Man How to Score 100,000 on the Atari Home Game", i found the picture via google on that page:

http://www.steverd.com/whatbook/atari-pacman.html

you can find some more pictures and the ISBN there, but according to the website owner it's "Extremely Rare".

Edited by Al_Nafuur
typo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 7:58 PM, fakecortex said:

I die when the little girl says, "Those are supposed to be the ghosts going after Pac-Man." Yup, supposed to be alright ? (actually, besides from the flickering, which was horrible with my headache earlier, they're not half bad).

The grandfather was played by Will Lee, best known for his role as Mr. Hooper.  I barely remember the character himself but I'll always remember him as teaching children about the issue of death.  If you ask me, that was one of the best things they ever did.

• Like 2

Considering how much I disliked atari pac-man through the years, I'm very surprised by how much I enjoy this ms. pac-man. Nothing will touch the arcade ms. pac, but there's lot here to like. We'll see how long it takes for me to eat my words, but I'm liking the controls, maze differences, and how the points are the same as the original :) That is all.

• Like 3