IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 1 ~ Midway Arcade Part 1

Vocelli

14 hours ago, nads said:

Very Nice!! I really like it, looks to very risk free.
It looks the reverse to what I do.

The one thing you could improve on is, when you get to the power pellet wait a bit til the ghosts get closer, I used to do the same as you and run the boards til complete but it took nearly 2hrs to score 35k. That small pause ( and you seem to have plenty of time ) will net you more points as your path does follow the ghosts path as well. 

This is the best part about the HSC everyone trying to improve and share findings.

Speaking of which any Ms Pac-Man tips??? I truly suck at that one LOL

P.S. Use Alt + P to enable phosphor effect that stops the flicker somewhat 

Thanks!  I totally agree with you.  I'm not totally about being the best.  I know there are some (a lot of) games I truly suck at and wouldn't give the time of day to.  But after reading up on some tips and tricks, I've learned to really enjoy them.  What's more is that there aren't a lot of times when I feel I can provide tips, so I really like to share when I have that opportunity!

As for Ms. Pac-Man, like fakecortex said, it's all about staying away from Blinky.  He's super fast. I've found that most of the time, he (or any of the others) won't follow you through the tunnels (again...MOST of the time)  They're most likely to follow you through the bottom tunnel on the 2nd maze pattern (orange and pretzel.)  They will follow you through on the 4th maze pattern (banana/random fruit) most often.  Otherwise, the tunnels are are a good way to escape.  Just be sure there isn't another ghost waiting for you on the other side.  They don't clump together very often.

Thanks for the ALT-P tip.  I've never really played around with Stella's settings...maybe I should.  :)

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 3

I was explaining to my fiancée about the horrible collision in pac-man and how it doesn’t even seem like the ghosts are touching you and you die, to which she said, “They just scare Pac-Man to death.” So that’s what I’m going with. When I think that, it reminds me to never get too close to a frickin ghost, even when you think you should be ok. 

I don’t have a pattern, just slowly getting better at free-play and predicting the ghosts’ movement.

5CE6C09A-8909-4893-A018-E01A9EBB6EBE.thumb.jpeg.38765f96324acd474f5b83a12f6c9f71.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Sitting here hanging out with dad and we were brainstorming what to play and he suggested trying to up my pac score. Got double what I had before and a few position improvement! Took a few or ten resets to get a good game (for me) going but once it started going good (for me) it kept going good for a few points. 

?

B0A5EBAA-3BC5-40BB-98C0-1839E0258149.png

Edited by Austinblair
Upload
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Austinblair said:

Sitting here hanging out with dad and we were brainstorming what to play and he suggested trying to up my pac score. Got double what I had before and a few position improvement! Took a few or ten resets to get a good game (for me) going but once it started going good (for me) it kept going good for a few points. 

?

B0A5EBAA-3BC5-40BB-98C0-1839E0258149.png

Austin is my Son, BTW, for those that don't know-

Vid of final moments of gameplay, I always worry about "suspicion" when he plays for scores at my house on my equipment.

:D

I guess the, uhh, back of his head looks a little younger than mine.

:P

• Like 6

Btw, thanks to fakecortex for the vintage Pac-Man lore. I love the terminology used back then ("arcaders"). The advice is actually pretty solid too. 2600 PM is still a lot of fun as long you remember that it is emphatically NOT arcade Pac-Man at all and therefore beyond comparison. As long as I remind myself of that, the only problem I have with the game is the cheating collision detection (I'm pretty sure I've died on several occasions without actually touching a ghost).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pac-Man - Game 1 B/B

Played on: Original 'Vader' (Batari S-Video mod) / cx40. PAL cart.

Season 10 begins 8)  Thanks again to Dr Vocelli for running the show. Legend as always:thumbsup:  Sorry to the Season 9 voucher winners.  You have not been forgotten.  Delays behind closed doors.  Money waiting to be sent!

The family had some bad life cards dealt a few days ago, so not interested in playing anything.  BUT, I promised the Dr I'd make an effort to play the whole season.  I'm glad I did!!  I gave myself 2 games to get a score. TBH, I reset my 1st game about 1 min after dying. ?  So that makes 3 games.  Cheater!!

2048115860_HSC_pacman.thumb.png.f2a665343e1289e2ce19fa85e8b5a8db.png

Ms. Pac-Man - Game 1 B/B

Played on: Original 'Vader' (Batari S-Video mod) / cx40. PAL cart.

2 games only.

202985905_HSC_mspacman.thumb.png.5929836675edc1f1861ea2713bdf3973.png

• Like 6