IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 1 ~ Midway Arcade Part 1

Vocelli

Ms. Pac-62,210

So close to that second banana, I'll be tasting it for a week...

:(

Really planned on "playing along", moreso this season than last(I'm actually not that competitive-unless you want to race, lol, then you might be in trouble...)(16 bit racers)(No idea why...), but somehow I have put more attempts in this than I expected to(still not too many). It's just a very "fair" game, more fun than I realized for "skilled play".

2600MsPachsc62210.png

• Like 4

Just played both these games, but (PAL), and I was able to roll Pac-man. Only went to 24,835, but it is easily doable. 

I have been unable to get much further in NTSC Pac-man. Around level 5, if you don’t collect the pellets in the middle of the board, it is almost impossible to collect them without a power pellet. Additionally, the max speed of the ghosts on NTSC is much higher than PAL, so none of the patterns (mentioned so far) work.

For MsPacman, I did make a slight improvement, but I don’t want to count it. I scored over 100k in a previous HSC, so I know I can do it again.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CapitanClassic said:

Just played both these games, but (PAL), and I was able to roll Pac-man. Only went to 24,835, but it is easily doable. 

I have been unable to get much further in NTSC Pac-man. Around level 5, if you don’t collect the pellets in the middle of the board, it is almost impossible to collect them without a power pellet. Additionally, the max speed of the ghosts on NTSC is much higher than PAL, so none of the patterns (mentioned so far) work.

For MsPacman, I did make a slight improvement, but I don’t want to count it. I scored over 100k in a previous HSC, so I know I can do it again.

Yep PAL Pac-Man is a lot easier, curious to know why the patterns you mentioned don’t work on NTSC, my pattern and Rollage as well Zilchsr were done on NTSC.

• Like 2

Ms. Pac-Man: Holy moly everyone...my wrists. Lost count which stage I got to (I had plenty of ghosts to worry about, hah), but I think at least the 10th random. I had a nice amount of random bananas and pears (and lots of cherries there too ?) and more than one close call that I really don't know how I survived. Don't know how long I played for, but it felt like one of those endless games. Nothing like those who are playing Pac-Man for 3+ hrs tho haha. I still can't beat my high there. I'm very pleased with myself, especially b/c it was my personal best after the 70k that I posted earlier. No incremental improvement, right to doubling ?. The high levels here are definitely easier than the arcade jr boards. Not to say they're easy- says more about the arcade difficulty, lol.

145,650 random level 10th+? 

mspac-145k.thumb.JPG.26e020c3b61a1b0d4ef3e310d0a40c0f.JPG

Note on stuff from the instruction manual: 1) It says there's an end of game cartoon- I'm calling bs on that. I feel cheated! Haha. 2) It says the fruit are randomized every 2 levels. I think this may be accurate b/c I remember having two levels in a row of bananas, cherries, and pears. Not 100% sure tho.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Evandro_ECM said:

Ms. Pacman - 54.750

20200517_175232_mfnr.jpg

Your score is NOT LEGIT because you used the hack game based on Ms. Pac-Man - it's Pac-Man Arcade.

See Pac-Man Arcade INFOS here.

Always use ORIGINAL RELEASES when you post your scores.

Edited by oyamafamily
Remember the 2600 HSC Rule
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nads said:

Yep PAL Pac-Man is a lot easier, curious to know why the patterns you mentioned don’t work on NTSC, my pattern and Rollage as well Zilchsr were done on NTSC.

Not sure why tne patterns weren't working for me, but since you say you got rollage on NTSC, I am will count my Vocellli, please count my Pacman score.

CapitanClassic - 24835

• Like 1