IGNORED

Season 10 ~ Week 1 ~ Midway Arcade Part 1

Vocelli

22 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I took me 3 hours and i basically used this pattern (with 3 small changes) :
atari-pac5.JPG

With a solid pattern it's a totally different game, it's more about how long can you stand your hurting hands. After i rolled the score, i returned to free style, that saved me from playing for days and rolling dead from my chair.

Just tested the pattern with the NTSC ROM on my PAL Jr. 2600, because a friend of me didn't succeed with this pattern on his NTSC setup. It seems there are differences in the ghost movements between the PAL and NTSC ROMs, the pattern is not very successful on NTSC, even with the "changes" i made to the pattern it's hard to make it thru level 5-10 and almost no chance in the 11s.

Has anyone tested this pattern on a NTSC setup?  The main change, i did to the pattern, is around point "D" at the first page:
grafik.png.8a001c873ace8018920361740a89640c.png

• Like 1

Well, I guess I'm gonna try to play-got a million things going on, but I'll try to find the time every week, no promises on grinding or anything.

Pac-Man-7889

I may look into patterns, was totally playing freestyle, but beat my PB by over a thousand, so is a good start I suppose.

I'm just not too good at this port.

Best of Luck, Everyone!!!

2600PacmanHSC7889.png

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Pac-Man:  Rollage!  I looked at the pattern in that book, but it didn't work for me.  I had to devise my own.  Took forever, so I'm glad it's done.

Pac-Man (1982) (Atari).png

Pac-Man (1982) (Atari)_1.png

Awesome! Did it take you 3hrs too?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Just tested the pattern with the NTSC ROM on my PAL Jr. 2600, because a friend of me didn't succeed with this pattern on his NTSC setup. It seems there are differences in the ghost movements between the PAL and NTSC ROMs, the pattern is not very successful on NTSC, even with the "changes" i made to the pattern it's hard to make it thru level 5-10 and almost no chance in the 11s.

Has anyone tested this pattern on a NTSC setup?  The main change, i did to the pattern, is around point "D" at the first page:
grafik.png.8a001c873ace8018920361740a89640c.png

What book are these patterns from? Seems like an interesting read

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nads said:

Awesome! Did it take you 3hrs too?

I think it took me a little longer because my pattern hardly allows me to hunt for ghosts.  I grabbed what I could if it was in my path.  The only time I got the vitamin was if it popped up at the end of my run.  I was probably averaging between 400-500 per board.

I'll shoot a video of my pattern and post it later on today.  I'd like to see what everyone else came up with too.  

• Like 3

Here's a pic of the pattern I used for the fastest boards.  The wafers left over you can grab by using the tunnel at the end of the run and there's no pattern to that.  Other than that, following this pattern got me to rollage.  Keep in mind that the blue and pink lines are power pill approximate duration times.  It's not exact, but you get the idea.  Hope it helps.  :)

It's not the cleanest pattern.  There is a fair amount of backtracking, but it does work.  :)

Atari-2600-Pac-Man-Screenshot.jpg

Edited by Deteacher
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Deteacher said:

Here's a pic of the pattern I used for the fastest boards.  The wafers left over you can grab by using the tunnel at the end of the run and there's no pattern to that.  Other than that, following this pattern got me to rollage.  Keep in mind that the blue and pink lines are power pill approximate duration times.  It's not exact, but you get the idea.  Hope it helps.  :)

It's not the cleanest pattern.  There is a fair amount of backtracking, but it does work.  :)

Atari-2600-Pac-Man-Screenshot.jpg

Thanks for sharing! Pattern works great but I can never seem to clear up the last few wafers without losing a life, those ghosts are just too fast!

• Like 1