I have been converting disks over to Images quite a bit lately.

These are a collection of Print Shop Graphics disks, my father, sister and I created back in the mid 1980's they were sold through No Frills Software for a few years. We made a little bit of money but had fun working together drawing the pictures.

Don't know if anyone here have ever seen these or not. Let me know if you have!!

I will attach more here as they get sorted out.

Miller Made Fantasy Graphics Utility.ATR Miller Made Fantasy Graphics Utility.pdf Miller Made Graphics Utility 1.ATR Miller Made Graphics Utility 1.pdf Miller Made Graphics Utility 2.ATR Miller Made Graphics Utility 2.pdf Miller Made Graphics Utility 3.ATR Miller Made Graphics Utility 3.pdf Miller Made Military Graphics Utility.ATR Miller Made Military Graphics Utility.pdf

Edited by venom4728a
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

Thanks - the timing could not be more perfect!  I honestly just re-connected my MPP Micro-Stuffer and Panasonic KXP-2135 printer to my Atari yesterday.  I'll check these out after work tonight.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

Thanks - the timing could not be more perfect!  I honestly just re-connected my MPP Micro-Stuffer and Panasonic KXP-2135 printer to my Atari yesterday.  I'll check these out after work tonight.

Same for me, I printed these using an ICD P:R: Connector to a Panasonic KXP-2135. The Color Ribbons are getting harder and harder to find, black ribbons are still plentiful.

I was using the Print Shop Print Utility By Mark Harroun. Only issue was the print utility wanted to put one more row of graphics per page that the paper could hold.  I had to roll it back 4 clicks after the each row of names was printed in order to squeeze in the extra row of graphics.

The print utility seems to be in protected basic.  I can Break key it, but cannot list it to adjust the number of rows printed.

I have also purchased the Retro-Printer module. https://www.retroprinter.com/

I plug the centronics plug into Retro-Printer from the P:R: connector.  I have my Samsung laser printer plugged into the USB port of the retro printer. The retro printer is supposed to take all the Esc-p Epson codes and build a PNG/PDF then send it to the modern printer.   It involves a bit setting up a printer on the Pi, using linux CUPS.  I am getting output to the Samsung but only 1 or 2 lines then it kicks out the page.   I have adjusted CR/LF, Printer TimeOuts, and few other settings. but nothing changes the output.  I have posted a question on their forums last night, going to check today to see if there is any advice on next steps. I have listed a basic program to the printer through the R.P. and that worked better.  I got about 4 lines of basic, it kicked out a page then a full page of text.  It must have seen something it didn't like in line 40, which was ATASCII graphics.

Well, the old Panasonic has suffered from sitting unused since moving in here nearly 5 years ago.  The foam under the lid and on the bottom of the printer needs replaced.  The ribbon which I bought new some years ago has also obviously dried out, it is printing so lightly as to be unreadable.  I'll try the WD-40 revitalize trick.  For now, I am using my registered copy of APE to send print output to my Samsung monoshrome laser (via Windows print driver).  Of course I cannot enjoy Print Shop banners with this setup, but I can finally print some documentation directly from the Atari until I can get the old Panasonic working better.

• Like 1

Many thanks for doing this, there was a long lost commercial game on one of the MACE disks: 

http://www.atarimania.com/game-atari-400-800-xl-xe-computhello_36093.html

I went through nearly all the ads from No Frills Software in various Atari publications and was amazed to see there were some 50+ releases!

Do you know whether the disks uploaded above were commercial offerings? I couldn't locate any of them in the ads under the titles you gave them. Could it be there were even more disks available than what was shown in various ads? Was Miller Made an official title for a particular series of disks or does it have a special meaning?

Please post anything else you may have :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, www.atarimania.com said:

Many thanks for doing this, there was a long lost commercial game on one of the MACE disks: 

I went through nearly all the ads from No Frills Software in various Atari publications and was amazed to see there were some 50+ releases!

Do you know whether the disks uploaded above were commercial offerings? I couldn't locate any of them in the ads under the titles you gave them. Could it be there were even more disks available than what was shown in various ads? Was Miller Made an official title for a particular series of disks or does it have a special meaning?

I will have to ask my father to see what they were called when they sold them through No Frills Software.  When we created them, "Miller Made " is the names we hand wrote on our disks.   I have about 10 floppy indexes filled with disks.  I have seen several disks I have, that are listed as missing on AtariMania.  Just from the Print Shop collection,  I have the Printers Patriot, Printers Devil, all 3 Print Shops Graphics disks, a bunch of other No Frills software graphics disks too. I was wondering how to contact you! so glad you found this post.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2020 at 10:39 PM, venom4728a said:

Here are some more ATR files 7zipped.

This is a collection of M.A.C.E.(Michigan Atari Computer Enthusiasts)  Disks I picked up several years ago through a CraigsList sale post.

26 ATR's  some were dual sided and a few had bad sectors.

MACE Disks.7z 776.81 kB · 18 downloads

disks that had bad sectors can often be recovered... either by cleaning and multiple read of the offending sector or by close inspection using kryoflux or scp flux streams.

Edited by _The Doctor__

On 5/7/2020 at 10:33 AM, www.atarimania.com said:

I spoke to my father today to ask if he remembered what the graphics disks were sold as under No Frills Software. He recalls them as being labeled PS Budget Graphics.

Edited by venom4728a

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...