IGNORED

Which System Do You Have The Most Games For?

Mine would definitely be the 2600. Probably around 1000 games....followed by nes with just under 600. Follwed probably by arcadia and clones a little past 400. After those it gets harder to say....probably Intellivision though.

• Like 2

~660 Atari VCS incl. homebrews

~110 Atari 8-bit games

~290 C64 games

~190 PC

~266 PS

~90 Tamagotchi

~85 GB/GBc/GBA/DS/Pokémon mini

Atari Lynx (complete)

Milton Bradley microvision (complete)

Tiger game.com (complete)

Nokia N-Gage (complete)

Magnavox Odyssey (complete)

Edited by high voltage
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, GoldenWheels said:

I have more TG-16/PC-E if you consider the two as one.

I would group them together. Actually, I guess I already do since I have some PCE cards that I use with an adapter.

Personally, I have more games for the 2600 (893) than any other system.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, cvga said:

Personally, I have more games for the 2600 (893) than any other system.

Wow! I lost everything I had all my old systems all my old games. I never got beyond 200 for any system back in , but now , rebuilding, I have quite an extensive collection of games + all the systems I had as well as my arcades with all the roms... 

893! I didn't realise so many had come out for the 2600.

Put that comment into perspective, the 893 A2600 response:

I think 714 official releases for the NES.

I think the 7800 had just 60 or so and the 5200 about the same or a few more.

Collecting for the C64 is a whole different ballgame- of course I appreciate the values some of the 2600 games and other system tittles go for,

but the C64 had more than 10,000 games.

Probably around 8,000 worth collecting. The Hit Squad collection alone amounts to over 120 releases. Some of which go for over £250 a pop.

NES at around 170 games (20 or so being Famicom games). I don't just buy any game I see anymore like I used to, but whenever I find a shmup I don't have I just have this impulse to buy it. 

I don't count PC here as "PC games" represent nearly 40 years of games... otherwise PC would be the most for me at like 400+ boxed games and CD-Rom jewel cases.

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

8 hours ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

Lots of them (257 by my count) are homebrews or hacks. I'm also counting Sears titles separately (i.e. I have two Asteroids - one by Atari and one by Sears). I also have some foreign (to me) releases like Bobby is Going Home, Snail and Squirrel, etc. I try not to purchase foreign releases of games that I already have otherwise the count would be much higher. I also have a few protos (maybe 20 or so) that are in my database and were included in the total count.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cvga said:

Lots of them (257 by my count) are homebrews or hacks. I'm also counting Sears titles separately (i.e. I have two Asteroids - one by Atari and one by Sears). I also have some foreign (to me) releases like Bobby is Going Home, Snail and Squirrel, etc. I try not to purchase foreign releases of games that I already have otherwise the count would be much higher. I also have a few protos (maybe 20 or so) that are in my database and were included in the total count.

What prototypes do you have?

1 hour ago, Magmavision2000 said:

What prototypes do you have?

I have some "Best prototypes" (Donald Duck, Dukes of Hazzard, Frog Pond, Grover's Music Maker, Pengo, Quadrun and Sinistar) that were sold by Best Electronics back in the early 90s at a very low price. I know lots of people don't consider these to be actual protos and that's fine. I'm still happy to have them. I also have a Frostbite, Robot Tank, Journey Escape, Frogs and Flies, Centipede, Cakewalk and a mystique cart that are either protos or lab loaners.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Magmavision2000 said:

You guys must either be millionaires or have connections. I couldn't dream of having as many games as you guys have!

Starting early helps. Games were dirt cheap back in the late 80s, early 90s and I started too late to take advantage of store closeouts and bargain bins. However, I remember going to the flea market each week in the early 90s. $20-30 would buy a lot of games. For example, I remember paying $4 for Demolition Herby because they knew it was rare (most games were $1).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, cvga said:

Starting early helps. Games were dirt cheap back in the late 80s, early 90s and I started too late to take advantage of store closeouts and bargain bins. However, I remember going to the flea market each week in the early 90s. $20-30 would buy a lot of games. For example, I remember paying $4 for Demolition Herby because they knew it was rare (most games were $1).

That how I built my collection, I could get bags of 2600 games for under $20 and I got SMB2/USA for like 2 bucks (this was in 2012-2014). Unfortunately, those days are over, at least the 2600 is no longer in the spotlight, so prices will go down a little.

Edited by Magmavision2000

12 hours ago, ∞ Vince ∞ said:

Wow! I lost everything I had all my old systems all my old games. I never got beyond 200 for any system back in , but now , rebuilding, I have quite an extensive collection of games + all the systems I had as well as my arcades with all the roms... 

From AtariMania:

Welcome to the largest, most accurate and best documented Atari 2600 game cartridge database in the world!
Here, you’ll find more than 9,000 different (PAL, NTSC and SECAM) cartridge titles released between 1977 and 1992.

Newly discovered titles are added on a daily basis and old entries are corrected when errors are spotted.

From AA:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/282058-vcs2600-game-rarity-by-number-of-known-copies/page/11/?tab=comments#comment-4379299

Edited by high voltage