IGNORED

Rayman, Raiden or Ruiner Pinball! What's the Best R Game on the Jag?

Adriano Arcade

10 minutes ago, orpheuswaking said:

Stop it, I can't afford any Jaguar games and this is the one I really want.

It really is good, though, and not one of those homebrew games you gush about (because it's a homebrew, and we need them), play maybe three times, and then store it on a shelf next to the bobbleheads. It's got a great soundtrack, but it also taps into that  Mizuguchiesque rhythm-based music game phenomenon, which I love. It's not as good as Dreamcast Rez or T2K, but that's an awful, awful lot to ask for from anyone. I love me some Impulse X, but I've definitely played Rebooteroids more.

• Like 2

I'll be contrarian and say of the three, Rayman/Raiden/Ruiner, I'm going all-in on Ruiner Pinball. Raiden is a competent but uninspired shmup port and Rayman looks gorgeous but is objectively inferior to the later PlayStation port and is mostly interesting as a historical piece, plus it's way too damn hard. Ruiner Pinball is the only real exclusive and it's one of my favorite video game pinball games ever made.

Of course, if Rebooteroids is in the conversation that's a whole other story...

On 5/9/2020 at 7:02 PM, Roget said:

I'll be contrarian and say of the three, Rayman/Raiden/Ruiner, I'm going all-in on Ruiner Pinball. Raiden is a competent but uninspired shmup port and Rayman looks gorgeous but is objectively inferior to the later PlayStation port and is mostly interesting as a historical piece, plus it's way too damn hard. Ruiner Pinball is the only real exclusive and it's one of my favorite video game pinball games ever made.

Of course, if Rebooteroids is in the conversation that's a whole other story...

“Ruiner” is a fantastic table, but the “Tower” board is a bit of a throwaway and not nearly as much fun to play. It doesn’t help that the colour palette on that table is excruciatingly ugly.