IGNORED

65XE Arcade Game

Ooh, it looks like some variant of the Medalist Dart Star coin-op. Since Medalist appears to still be around, it'd be interesting to find out how they came to use an A8; I've read some later variants used a Genesis. Maybe this was a dumping ground for the XEGS glut of late 1988? It's interesting to see that XEGS board for the cart.

Hm, it doesn't look like the cart has been dumped. I'm not sure what it would "do", though, given the fact that the game requires an interface that's unique for an Atari game.

• Like 1

I know of the arcades based on Atari 8-bit games but not this.

Have to wonder what sort of production run it had.  The outside looks like a consumer arcade game but the inside looks almost proto or one-off.

I was about to say maybe some UK only thing but that to me looks like a US board as it's got no ECI (and probably no PAL colour crystal but hard to tell).

Also have to wonder, given it's mounted position behind the dart board and cart facing downwards, does it eventually fall out and have to be reinserted?

8 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Hm, it doesn't look like the cart has been dumped. I'm not sure what it would "do", though, given the fact that the game requires an interface that's unique for an Atari game.

I'm trying to get the cart so I can dump it...

• Like 2

Here, check these out:

WorthPoint: Dart Star

OfferUp: Dart Star

Facebook - Marketplace: Dart Star

[Edit Note: It looks like a couple of these are a different model, as they show a different graphic on the part below the dart board. It also looks like the display for the picture below is probably not using an Atari, as the hi-res text should be greenish, rather than pure white on green. The "WorthPoint" link looks like it's the same machine, though (display shown, but not very good image quality).]

This shot shows what the display looks like:

94889440_234995101050461_8417251184141664256_n.thumb.jpg.129dd90b7ce5aecc64350b82cbe3fabf.jpg

Edited by MrFish
Added Note
  • Like 2

Very similar looking game on KLOV and a video review.

Wonder if it's a variant or totally different.  The display though... looks very un-Atari though we could probably generate the graphics shown (guessing it's a yellow screen monitor)

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=2212

https://www.arcade-museum.com/game_detail.php?game_id=13580

As to the machine being shown later in the thread...

That's an Arachnid English Mark Darts machine, not a medalist Dart Star using an Atari, it's using a 6809 based board with a TMS9118 video generator. So it's not a common machine in my area for sure. That one would require an rf modulator to produce a picture an a television as shown in some of the other offerings. Fun stuff.

(the TV on the top of the machine he showed initially in color is from the Atari)(the other brand has it's own board and mono display)

Edited by _The Doctor__

7 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

The color display is from the Atari ;)

at least in every last one I've seen...

possible it's changed in some other country using different languages... doubtful though.

It should have read the color display...

I've discovered edit don't show unless the page is refreshed, unlike new posts which give a notice and are added to a page. If using a phone and later checking on a laptop that's in use following a thread already in a tab, this can make a mess of it. Edits should refresh on everyone display just like a new post, they don't... the edit only shows on the machine making the edit or when the topic/thread is freshly loaded or reloaded. This looks like a job for envision, new posts and edits should be handled the same way giving a notice and modified display

hmmm I can edit my quote within a later posting I just changed that capitol D in display to a lower case d now it's display....

Edited by _The Doctor__