IGNORED

Tube2020

DrTypo

Five tubes played doing Zeta twice at the end with and without gravity enabled. Surprisingly, I did better with gravity..
Breakdown:
Alpha :14
Beta 1:08
Gamma 2:01
Delta 2:52
Zeta (without gravity) 4:11
Zeta (with gravity) 5:00

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

29 minutes ago, Saturn said:

Five tubes played...

Was that in an emulator of on a real Jaguar? 

I've only played in Virtual Jaguar so far, and my speed doesn't get that fast in the Gamma level, even with the green speed boosts and not hitting walls (yes, I'm letting off the accelerator when going through them).  I'm trying to figure out why.

• Like 1

Just now, KevinMos3 said:

Was that in an emulator of on a real Jaguar? 

I've only played in Virtual Jaguar so far, and my speed doesn't get that fast in the Gamma level, even with the green speed boosts and not hitting walls (yes, I'm letting off the accelerator when going through them).  I'm trying to figure out why.

In VJ it's slow for me. This was on real hardware and recording with an El Gato HD.

Btw, I can't flash the .cof file to a Skunk. I know, it can be loaded to RAM, but I have to load each time I power off the Jag.

Is there a way around this?

3 minutes ago, DrTypo said:

Thank you for your video @Saturn

By the way, there is something that was not clear in gravity mode.

You can run on the bottom track, it won't slow you down. Basically it plays more like a regular racer.

You're welcome :) Would've had a video (or many) up days ago but real life getting the way ?

Thanks for the heads up on the gravity track! I'll get back on it

38 minutes ago, Saturn said:

Btw, I can't flash the .cof file to a Skunk. I know, it can be loaded to RAM, but I have to load each time I power off the Jag.

Is there a way around this?

Nevermind, ran it through JiFFI as a ROM and got it flashed. Just has that vertical line along the left side.

Any way to get rid of that?

pic.thumb.jpg.46af6ee6ae67f93735f04a8ee9b8b8aa.jpg

Set a new world record for Zeta tube :P

It says under the video at YT:

Made an awesome run on Zeta tube with gravity enabled. Set an all time record THEN started recording.. but couldn't tie or outdo the 34:92 :0
Anyway, new world record :)

• Like 1

This is awesome! Another sweet Dr. Typo game. I still think Tube SE is the best (the music is amazing) but this is still great. Keep em coming!

Also I need to read instructions better, I had also gotten stuck on Gamma but per the first post you have to release the gas and it'll launch you fast enough to get through the red sections

Been trying to post that for 10 minutes from phone..

Love the color scheme for the 3 new tubes! I'm upping a video of all 9 played with gravity.

I fail on Zeta and don't get through the red blocks even though this is my favorite tube and never had that happen :P

The menu for gravity and inverting y is an excellent addition, thank you.

Edited by Saturn
phone service blows

Got this up :) It says under the video on YT:

Release Candidate 1 of Tube2020 by the phenomenal Dr. Typo for the Atari Jaguar. Play through of all tubes, 9 total, including the 3 new ones added for this build: Eta, Theta and Iota.
Also, featuring the elusive Tube #5, Epsilon, that has been left out of previous videos ?

Breakdown:
Alpha: 00:35
Beta: 1:35
Gamma: 2:30
Delta: 3:21
Epsilon: 4:11
Zeta: 5:01
Eta: 5:29
Theta: 6:15
Iota: 7:03

You're welcome and thank YOU for all the great games and letting them be publicly tested. That alone is worth gold.

Hope to see official releases someday. Can count on my support there too. #supportthedevs I need to twitter that..

Anyway, just to overkill a bit, here's a redone version of the gravity tubes with some louder audio. I maxed it out on my El Gato but will probably reset it normal for future vids. It's kinda too loud ?

I got caught on the 'spot' on Gamma at 2:06 and had to play again. This game is GREAT :)

• 8 months later...